The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I think we are the only people in the world that had it for awhile and then cancelled it. Yes, there are a lot of good things on there but if you already have cable, you might not have time for both. Our cable comes with on demand channels as well that show free tv shows and something called Shomi which is just like Netflix only free. I know it's only like $8 a month but we had only used it 3 times in as many months so decided to save the cash. So, I would say choose one or another. You can try it for free though, I do believe.
Well, I dunno about you.. but I am sick of the ADS on normal cable TV.
A lot of the programs.. specially prime time movies.. have a 15 minute ads to 5 minute movie/tvshow ratio.
So we're using alot of netflix lately.

Cesar R M

I think the selections up in Canada are not as good as down here, at least according to @JenniferS
neither down here..
at least I have a decent 100Mbps down 10Mbps up internet.
I used to be envious of my cousin in Houston, now he's envious of me (since his internet is now very expensive, is throttled down constantly, and only peaks at 50Mbps) :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Just finished eating! They were OK. I'm sure yours were much better. :D

I used corn tortillas and they kept falling apart when I cooked them in the oil. I think I needed to cook them longer, but then I was worried they'd get too chewy. Maybe next time they'll be better. I'm just a novice cook. :)
you can always fry them a bit on the oil in a pan, then move to the oven.

StarWarsGirl

neither down here..
at least I have a decent 100Mbps down 10Mbps up internet.
I used to be envious of my cousin in Houston, now he's envious of me (since his internet is now very expensive, is throttled down constantly, and only peaks at 50Mbps) :hilarious:
My average on the Wifi is about 60 mbps downloading, 60 mbps uploading. It can get up to 75 mbps sometimes, though. If I plug my laptop into the router...yikes.

Cesar R M

My average on the Wifi is about 60 mbps downloading, 60 mbps uploading. It can get up to 75 mbps sometimes, though. If I plug my laptop into the router...yikes.
Note that the "WIFI" is usually the "connection speed".. the real transfer rate on wifi is around 40% of that "max connection speed".

Also, the wifi connection has nothing to do with the internet connection (which is from your router to the internet)

and you probably have a gigabit ethernet port in both your laptop and the router (mine does, same as my computer).
(thats 1,000mbps)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks! I totally get what you're saying, though. If I didn't live so close to DLR, I'd be choosing WDW, too. But maybe you could also check out other parts of Cali while you're here?

Always do, Universal, gone down to the Zoo and SeaWorld, once saw the spruce goose, stayed on the Queen Mary. We floated up to Bakersfield to see some family but my heart was always in Disneyland.

Gabe1

I think if it was just my dh and I, I could live with a my countertop convection, a rice cooker, slowcooker and 2 burners quite nicely. With teen boys roaming around my kitchen is too small at times even with the big oven and all of other assorted cooking gadgets.:hilarious:

I use my grill for so many things I normally would cook in the oven but still there are things I need the oven for as I can't control the temp of the grill that precisely. My kitchen is not large so I tend to not add more appliances to my counters, just the coffee pot, Keurig, toaster and can opener.

Gabe1

Not sure I've ever known any either, but that doesn't mean there are many that do. As we found out from @MOXOMUMD , her dad was quite the cook for Thanksgiving dinner, when she was growing up. :)

Come to think of it, look at all the fantastic chefs around the world -- many are men. So that's something for us to think about! :happy:

Yep, there are lots of men that prepare family meals, some on a regular basis. Just none of them have ever been in my world.

Goofyernmost

I thought this was true and was confused about the conversation. Why would anyone comp.ain about out of shape people holding them back unless you yourself was in the out of shape group? The seasoned runners go first at Disney. I could have sworn from watching it.
That is one of the reasons why I have been so insistent on the idea that the whole argument is totally without merit and the only reason they have a problem is because any of those that have entered receive a "I participated in" medal (made out of molded rubber) and somehow that lessons whatever accomplishments that they have achieved. It is petty and totally without any concern about someone else and the positive result, for them, of that participation. It really is a non-issue.

Gabe1

What about pedometers? They also count steps and have been around a lot longer than the Fitbits. I know the Fitbits do other dandy things, but a cheapo pedometer will also count steps. ;) The only reason I'm bringing this up is because some of the employees at work joined a group diet plan, and they had to walk the 10,000 steps a day. All were given these little cheapie pedometers to count the steps--pedometers worked fine! :happy:

Yeah, like needing a computer to type a paper when a typewriter will do. Progress.

They basically
  • how many steps you’ve taken
  • how many calories you’ve burned
  • how many hours you’ve slept and the type of sleep patterns.

StarWarsGirl

I admire anyone who even wants to run. :eek:
rottenecard_94635067_c679d2zg8g.png

StarWarsGirl

Ain't that the truth . . . :rolleyes: It never ceases to amaze me how doctors forget to tell the patients about important facts like that, so the patients won't freak out. :banghead:
That happened to me post tonsillectomy. The doctor didn't tell us what would happen if you bled. Older kids and adults swallow the blood when they bleed, and when they do, when it comes out, it looks like you've lost a whole lot more blood than you actually have. So when I bled three days after my surgery, my mom and I were rather freaked out. Would have been nice to know that little detail!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom