A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Already walking back expectations, Well that's typical TWDC has no confidence in it's own creations, And Lucas is completely PO'ed at them saying he's DONE with Disney and Star Wars. Yes Lucas was responsible for one of the most wooden love stories I've ever seen and Jar Jar....

But when you get the series creator so hacked off at you that he abandons his creative children so to speak something has gone terribly wrong. Now what's it gonna be that Jakku is the planet which Fitz wound up on in 'Agent's of SHIELD' so we can have 'Synergy' and marketing tie ins...

Personally I was not expecting much other than a 2 hour toy ad, DW and BFF who are both hardcore SW fans have the advance midnight tickets. If DW comes in swearing I'll know that I was right about the movie.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The signage is all in English & Chinese. This is the first overseas Disney park where much more weight is given to the native language in the signage:
Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-08-28%20agrave%2000.56.14.png

Dbm-007x.jpg

Not surprising given it's location

Cesar R M

You are kind of contradicting yourself.
not at all, there is one giant difference.

Disney downplays the 2 billion figure. But most other "experts" still have the expectation of 2 billion or more.
who controls the Disney stock? A Disney exec? or the other experts that have a say and can swindle the stock market's behavior?

aka, complete different entities.

BrianLo

not at all, there is one giant difference.

I know, but there is a difference between saying the stock market is over-inflating things and then saying Disney is walking back expectations because they have no confidence in their product.

Either the market is not over-inflating things and Disney has no confidence in their product OR the market is over-inflating things and TWDC has an entirely "accurate" expectation.

Instead we've somehow set a narrative that if the movie over-performs Disney has no confidence in their products and if it underperforms Disney is going to fail as a company. It's a weird lose-lose scenario that does not make sense. The same logic has been retroactively applied to Frozen's performance.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
There's only one outcome via the three potential statements that could have been made:
  1. "Disney Chief Downplays Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: "They have no faith in the movie. What fools."
  2. "Disney Chief Confirms Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: "They are overconfident and will fail. What fools."
  3. "Disney Chief Has No Comment On Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: Please refer to reaction number one.
Simply no winning move available here.

PhotoDave219

There's only one outcome via the three potential statements that could have been made:
  1. "Disney Chief Downplays Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: "They have no faith in the movie. What fools."
  2. "Disney Chief Confirms Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: "They are overconfident and will fail. What fools."
  3. "Disney Chief Has No Comment On Huge 'Star Wars: Force Awakens' Opening Weekend Expectations" - Reaction: Please refer to reaction number one.
Simply no winning move available here.

Perhaps a nice game of chess?

the.dreamfinder

The unrealistic sky high expectations for TFA come from Bob Iger. He's been pushing this film much harder than any single film during his tenure as CEO, even more than the Avengers films or Toy Story 3. Alan's job is to reel folks back to more realistic lower expectations so they have a chance at exceeding them. Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm have worked hard to revive Star Wars to get it to this point and for it to succeed in the long term, that means not having the first film be seen as a failure.

That said, Season of the Force and Launch Bay isn't doing them any favors, but Disney getting too much praise for its synergy skills is nothing new.
http://micechat.com/115754-star-wars-season-of-the-force/

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Seuss Landing is fun and usually busy, Kidzone - well that's usually deserted but methinks that's going to fade into attractions of the past

Well Kidzone is kinda stuck in a dead-end area of a park that people usually don't venture too far into. If it had a through-way toward the MIB area, I bet it would be more popular...though I still want to see it all replaced...none of the IP's have any relevance at all.

Katie G

Already walking back expectations, Well that's typical TWDC has no confidence in it's own creations, And Lucas is completely PO'ed at them saying he's DONE with Disney and Star Wars. Yes Lucas was responsible for one of the most wooden love stories I've ever seen and Jar Jar....

But when you get the series creator so hacked off at you that he abandons his creative children so to speak something has gone terribly wrong. Now what's it gonna be that Jakku is the planet which Fitz wound up on in 'Agent's of SHIELD' so we can have 'Synergy' and marketing tie ins...

Personally I was not expecting much other than a 2 hour toy ad, DW and BFF who are both hardcore SW fans have the advance midnight tickets. If DW comes in swearing I'll know that I was right about the movie.

It was Simmons who got sucked through the portal to the alien planet... not Fitz

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You are kind of contradicting yourself.

Not really. The stock ANALYST community has the idea that TFA will be biggest boxoffice EVAH ie north of 2 billion and that's baked into the stock price because Iger's been pushing SW so hard. But now reality sets in and if the movie DOES NOT do 2 Billion the stock is going to tank.

As to the lack of confidence - look at the underwhelming launch bay and monorail wrap, Hell TRON got a better wrap than SW which is supposed to be the biggest movie EVAH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom