The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think for Pantene Beautiful lengths you only need 8 inches. Locks of Love is 10 and there was another one that was 12 inches. I donated the first time to LoL, the 2nd to Pantene, and the 3rd time, together with my daughter to Haarwensen. I grow mine out till it's pretty much all the way down my back and then chop it to chin length. I look better with the chin length hair. The first time I chopped it to my shoulders, but that's not a good length for me.

My hair is very thick, lots of volume but it is very wavy. The length pulls the funky waves out. When it shorter I need to straighten it and if it is humid that doesn't last long before it is wavy again. Mine is longer now than it should be but in summer it is pulled up anyhow. Soon much of it will be gone again.

betty rose

My mom came and talked to my class about WWII. (she was quite "old" for a mom. She didn't have kids until her late 30s) She was just a kid then and she remembered things like air raid drills where you had to sit in the dark and you didn't know where the rest of your family was, or if it was just a drill or a real attack. And she had her mom's old ration stamps. I have them in an album with the write-up she did for my class. Fascinating stuff. I also have the stuff her older brother sent her from Europe. Whenever he was on leave, he sent her stuff from wherever he was. He sent her wooden shoes from Belgium, lace gloves from France, a charm bracelet, and he sent charms from every place he visited, pictures...somewhere I have a picture he sent her of the Dutch Princess riding through the city in a carriage...probably Queens day or something, but I find it so prophetic that he sent that to my mom when she was just a child and here I am living in the Netherlands half a century later.
That's wonderful, you can relate to your new Country. Must give you a special bond with the family.

betty rose

My hair is very thick, lots of volume but it is very wavy. The length pulls the funky waves out. When it shorter I need to straighten it and if it is humid that doesn't last long before it is wavy again. Mine is longer now than it should be but in summer it is pulled up anyhow. Soon much of it will be gone again.
It sounds very pretty. I love waves, and thick hair. I had that years ago. Oh, the memories!;)

MOXOMUMD

My mom came and talked to my class about WWII. (she was quite "old" for a mom. She didn't have kids until her late 30s) She was just a kid then and she remembered things like air raid drills where you had to sit in the dark and you didn't know where the rest of your family was, or if it was just a drill or a real attack. And she had her mom's old ration stamps. I have them in an album with the write-up she did for my class. Fascinating stuff. I also have the stuff her older brother sent her from Europe. Whenever he was on leave, he sent her stuff from wherever he was. He sent her wooden shoes from Belgium, lace gloves from France, a charm bracelet, and he sent charms from every place he visited, pictures...somewhere I have a picture he sent her of the Dutch Princess riding through the city in a carriage...probably Queens day or something, but I find it so prophetic that he sent that to my mom when she was just a child and here I am living in the Netherlands half a century later.
:joyfull: I'm an "old" mom. I was almost 36 when I had her but I still don't act my age so it's all good. :)

betty rose

Oh, I do adore that film!

funny-cat-pictures-lolcats-catablanca.png
I love the old black and white films, Casablanca is a favorite of mine too. Along with Arsenic and Old Lace, and Desk Set.
I'm with you on the more benches. Something like this would make me happy, all down Main Street, say. That's the best idea ever, how fun watching people entering and leaving the park. And there would be a shady side as well as a sunny side.

many_benches__by_geena_x-d360hvn.jpg

MOXOMUMD

It sounds very pretty. I love waves, and thick hair. I had that years ago. Oh, the memories!;)
Take this hair, add auburn highlights and put it on a 10 year old and you have my daughter's hair. When she was born it was straight as can be then around six months we noticed the thick tight curls growing in and the rest is history. Since she was little both sides of the family have called it "Diana Ross hair". :joyfull:
ms-diana-ross.jpeg

betty rose

Take this hair, add auburn highlights and put it on a 10 year old and you have my daughter's hair. When she was born it was straight as can be then around six months we noticed the thick tight curls growing in and the rest is history. Since she was little both sides of the family have called it "Diana Ross hair". :joyfull:
View attachment 113944
I love her hair, I wish those kind of styles would come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom