The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Make sure to keep him on his leash:D

Not sure a leash will be enough for @MR FERRET ; may I suggest that you also use a harness as well, as I'm sure he "pulls" on the leash, making him more difficult to control on his daily constitutional.

Side note here: Back when one of my brothers was 2-3 years old, my mother said he'd just take off if she didn't keep her eye on him, when they were out to a store. He had absolutely no fear whatsoever, and no common sense either. So she finally bought a child's harness and leash (no, I'm not kidding; nowadays she'd probably be arrested for some sort of child abuse, by putting an overactive toddler in a harness, so he wouldn't get lost, or worse, in a crowd . . . :rolleyes: ).

Songbird76

She came to look good. But she was not happy. The funny thing is she came to love my hubby, as she saw what I saw, a very kind and caring person, even though he had a very rough childhood, his dad would beat him with his fists. It was as we were meant for each other, I had other abuse issues. We found strength and we had an overcome attitude, and be happy. I admit, I had therapy for a few years to work out what happened, it was not a family issue with me. But the PTSS followed me after my brother died at a young age. That's so many years ago, and I'm much stronger, and happier to have such a wonderful partner. As I have said, life is what it is, the important thing is to keep fighting to do better and get better. No regrets, and no sympathy....those demons are long behind me and hubby!
My mom was the same way about my fiance, but I broke off that engagement because he was so possessive and controlling and he was starting to show signs that he would turn into a physical abuser, though he hadn't ever touched me. I left before he could. And my mom LOVED my husband...she was skeptical before she met him, tried telling me I shouldn't be dating at all until I was 30 anyway. But he came to visit that Christmas and fixed her screen door that was broken (which is hilarious as he is so not a handy-man type) and completely won her over. There was a bridal fair in January...we weren't even engaged yet, but she insisted we go to the bridal fair because it was so obvious that we were in love and going to get married. With my ex-fiance, she had insisted that we weren't going to have a wedding...she hadn't given her permission, so we couldn't get married, and therefore she didn't need to do anything for a wedding that wasn't going to happen. Of course it DIDN'T happen, but not because she didn't give her permission. It all worked out for the best, and really, if it hadn't been for my ex, I'd never even have met my husband, so I can't really regret that phase of my life.

Songbird76

In 4th grade here the kids start to change classes. I remember we didn't until 7th grade but that was long ago.
With lockers and everything? Wow, that's so young! DD switches classes for advanced language and advanced math, but that's it and she just has to go to the classroom next door. I can't imagine her having to go from class to class with a locker stop in between! But then, she tends to lollygag and she'd probably be late for everything! :D

Songbird76

My grandfather was in the Battle of the Bulge. I wish I had gotten him to talk more about it, and his time in WWII but it just wasn't something he wanted to talk about. I remember I had to do a report on WWII for high school once and I asked to interview him and he gave me his discharge papers and a book about his battalion but wouldn't tell me anything. So I assume he just didn't want to talk, but he also wasn't a very involved grandfather so maybe he just didn't want to talk to me....
My mom came and talked to my class about WWII. (she was quite "old" for a mom. She didn't have kids until her late 30s) She was just a kid then and she remembered things like air raid drills where you had to sit in the dark and you didn't know where the rest of your family was, or if it was just a drill or a real attack. And she had her mom's old ration stamps. I have them in an album with the write-up she did for my class. Fascinating stuff. I also have the stuff her older brother sent her from Europe. Whenever he was on leave, he sent her stuff from wherever he was. He sent her wooden shoes from Belgium, lace gloves from France, a charm bracelet, and he sent charms from every place he visited, pictures...somewhere I have a picture he sent her of the Dutch Princess riding through the city in a carriage...probably Queens day or something, but I find it so prophetic that he sent that to my mom when she was just a child and here I am living in the Netherlands half a century later.

Songbird76

Thanks! :)
Yep, had everything you just mentioned (along with the occasional - smaller portion - pizza, cheeseburger, etc. ;)) back when I lost those 70 lbs. when I was 35.
Although I don't have nearly that much weight to lose now, I'm headin' that way again...! :)
I'm trying to lose weight...it's not helping that my hip is still hurting and I can't do my daily workouts yet. Hopefully next week. But I wish I could get spaghetti squash here!!

Songbird76

Hahaaa...!
Oh my, I remember those years.
Those are the exact same ages (oldest DD turned 10 while we were there) our three kiddos were when we first visited WDW in July of '01...! :)
Mine will be 8 and 10 when we go next summer. They've been once before, but DS was 2 and DD was 4...neither of them remember it, so I'm not counting it. DD vaguely remembers meeting some princesses at Akershus lunch, she remembers meeting Jasmine by the Moroccan pavillion (specifically that Jasmine called her "Princess" and told her to come stand next to her) and a floor of squares that lit up and made sounds when you walked across it...and showing Minnie Mouse her stuffed Minnie as she went by in the parade. That is the extent of what she remembers from 4 days in the parks.

Songbird76

My DD has donated multiple times too and me once. Right now my hair is likely long enough to pull it off again. 10 inches is the minimum. I never ever cut my hair above my shoulders and usually longer. There is something there that just seems to work IMO.

24ECA5E200000578-2920956-image-m-14_1421889809632.jpg

48 years old
I think for Pantene Beautiful lengths you only need 8 inches. Locks of Love is 10 and there was another one that was 12 inches. I donated the first time to LoL, the 2nd to Pantene, and the 3rd time, together with my daughter to Haarwensen. I grow mine out till it's pretty much all the way down my back and then chop it to chin length. I look better with the chin length hair. The first time I chopped it to my shoulders, but that's not a good length for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom