The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh we used to LOVE Santa's Village! I'm pretty sure it's closed down now. Last time I was there (2004?) was for my mom's burial and I think my cousin told me it had closed down. Sad. We went there pretty much every time we were in Dundee and we went back about every 2 years to visit all the cousins, aunts and uncles.

Oh no, IT'S BACK!!!!!

"The park operated as Santa's Village from 1959 until 2006, when it closed. After extensive rehabilitation, it re-opened in 2011 under new ownership. Renamed Santa's Village Azoosment Park"

http://santasvillagedundee.com/

Sadly the Milk Pail is gone. :(

220px-MilkPail1.jpg
220px-MilkPail2.jpg

Songbird76

Oh no, IT'S BACK!!!!!

"The park operated as Santa's Village from 1959 until 2006, when it closed. After extensive rehabilitation, it re-opened in 2011 under new ownership. Renamed Santa's Village Azoosment Park"

http://santasvillagedundee.com/

Sadly the Milk Pail is gone. :(

220px-MilkPail1.jpg
220px-MilkPail2.jpg
Really?? Oh man!! Now I feel so remiss in not having taken my kids to Santa's Village! Of course my kids have never been to Illinois. When we go back it's to see family and we make a stop at Disney, but maybe next time I'll have to do a Chicagoland trip! Sorry about the Milk Pail. I don't remember the Milk Pail.

Gabe1

Science was a no brainer, they're always at the top of their grade in that subject and they want to keep it that way, he's been friends with the girl on the bus since before they started school, her grandparents live down the street from me and his lunch buddy is the ultimate tom boy, no to mention big time Disney fan. Last year that would have been my response but this year he's already talking about going to dances:cautious: I'm not exactly happy I'm no longer his favorite girl.:(

My twenty something manchild is still there for Mom. It is a different relationship than I have with my DD as we are joined at the hip but if you have a good relationship that grounds the future.

What I learned early on with ManChild in his early high school years was to loosen those reins. I tried to have upbeat positive things to say so on the rare occasion I needed to intervene or say NO he knew I wasn't being petty. He wanted to go to Homecoming but didn't have a date until 2 days before. My first thought was good you have your 8th grade grad suit still.....flowers, shirt, tie my mind went into overdrive for the last minute stuff without even asking who the young lady was. When I asked I was sitting at my computer doing school board stuff and he said Allie, our Schools Superintendents daughter. :facepalm: :eek: :jawdrop: :cool:

Gabe1

Nope! I never did! There were no Catholic schools anywhere near my home town!

The education was phenomenal. The atmosphere not so much. Lots of tension in those early classroom days growing up plus our nuns were 'covered' which made them look even more intimidating. When out in public I see a lady from the mid-east region covered I flashback to my childhood. What we view as odd here in the states wasn't so different all that long ago.

0d018475915bc81a3b687f1b5334f345.jpg

Gabe1

Really?? Oh man!! Now I feel so remiss in not having taken my kids to Santa's Village! Of course my kids have never been to Illinois. When we go back it's to see family and we make a stop at Disney, but maybe next time I'll have to do a Chicagoland trip! Sorry about the Milk Pail. I don't remember the Milk Pail.

I love Chicago to visit, so much to do. We will sometimes Stay-Vacation there.

Gabe1

Coming from Colorado, where the Columbine shootings happened. Every school in our area, has locks on the doors, with a buzzer to be allowed in. Then you can come in if, the school is expecting you. After that you sign in, and get a name tag. This happens even when attending school events. Oh, that was in elementary school. I don't know about middle school and high school.

Same here. Our schools are always locked down. Our schools are A/C's so never is a window open.
They have tinted glass, can't see in but you can see out. Up in Northern IL yesterday the schools were on complete lockdown and no school today because of 3 police murderers still on the loose.
All of our schools around here went to locked entry after Laurie Dann's school shooting in the Suburbs of Chicago. Once again, mental illness.

Gabe1

I think that our schools, even public schools were very military like, back in my day. We were just coming out of WW2, and everyone, except the kids; thought that was the best way to keep control, and teach. :eek:

I didn't care for that military style of teaching and our principal my kids had for middle school was exactly like you described. He came to this country from then East Germany via Catholic Charities. We parents had various names for him. :devilish:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom