The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I chuckled over your last sentence. You see, our landlord also hates yard work. His solution? He poured concrete all over the back yard and put up a retaining wall all around as well. Voila. No more grass for him to mow! ;)

(P.S.: I wish he would have just left the grass back there, as I prefer nature and all. Yet, I told him it looked nice. But, there's a method to my approach, because he likes us and has never raised our rent. I prefer that he continues to think that I worship the concrete he walks on! :inlove: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D )
Now that's funny!:D:D

betty rose

Yup. Same here. We didn't even have to think of school supplies, because the nuns put everything we needed in our desks. (We had the lift-up top desks, with the storage area.) All we had to buy on our own, were Lindy pens (by the way, that pen company went out of business in 1990).

So on the first day of school, I'd walk into class holding this dorky, blue ink, Lindy fine point pen, and my lunch box. The nuns had already put pencils and rulers in our desks, and we had to put the pen right next to the pencil and ruler, in the middle, between the books. Everyone had to place books in precisely the order that the nun requested, on either the right or left side; but we could not choose the side, only the nun could dictate that.

It gets better. The nuns would perform inspection of the desks a few times a week. :hilarious:
Sympathy like, I do remember us having clean out your desk times. Throw all papers and art work away. I guess our teachers wanted us to keep our desk as clean as our "rooms at home".;)

Goofyernmost

Sympathy like, I do remember us having clean out your desk times. Throw all papers and art work away. I guess our teachers wanted us to keep our desk as clean as our "rooms at home".;)
Cleanliness in other then our desks, was that last thing on the minds of the Nuns that I had as teachers. They made the Monorails after a hot, humid day in MK, smell like a rose garden. One of the vows must have been to never use deodorant.

betty rose

Opposite of my problem as of late. I am naturally nocturnal and have been known to be an insomniac. Lately I pull my laptop out about now and could play for a while, now I just fall asleep, more I think pass out cause I move all day long. But now I am waking real early for me. Today it was around 4am, just crazy. I refused to get up and kept trying to go back to sleep which I did about 6am only to have my alarm start talking to me 40 minutes later. I preferred the insomniac thing.
Broken sleep is worse than insomnia, I've had both. I have been on a really good sleep aid from the doctor, for over 30 years. It's called Trazadone, a very old drug, with little side effects, and really cheap 5.00$ for a month's supply. I have a Doctor that doesn't like the new drugs, as they have too many side effects, and are more costly.

Cesar R M

Our school district does offer that too. Unfortunately it is way overpriced and beyond generic. On the flip side some of these school supplies that also double as toys are a real distraction while the teachers are trying to get some of these students to focus.

When I was small there was a TV show called Get Smart. My Dad always watched it. I was fascinated with some of his gadgets as a kid. I had daydreams of having a watch that I could watch TV on and play with during school. Little did I know....
I always wanted that darn Shoe Phone! XD

betty rose

Some pics on the way to Big Thunder:
IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

I think it was probably about a 10-15 minute wait at BT, so I was able to snap a few pics in line and on the ride.
IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

I got lucky number 13! :D
IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG
IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

And I think I'll stop here for now. This took longer than I thought it would! But, please let me know if I'm posting too many pics and I'll cut back.
More please, I love how clean and well kept this park is.

Cesar R M

Happy midweek y'all.
@figmentfan423 Snow watch day 16 ...
I still am not getting the weather i requested :mad:
View attachment 108949
this image looks like cheating.
the head is there, but not the body? It looks like they cut and pasted the head.
Just so you all know, this is my first ever trip report. I've written lots of reviews, but never a whole report from start to finish, so please bear with me as I muddle through this, as I may provide more details than needed. First, statistics: I tallied up my ride count and the total was 21 rides within a 10-hour period, which included 3 snack/meal breaks and 1 rest break. Not too shabby, right? I probably could've done more had I planned better, but since I've never been a FASTPASS expert, I didn't realize I could get another one after the return start time of my current FP. Live and learn. Anyway, I did at least plan to get to the park an hour before it opened, so I'd have enough time to buy my annual passport. I left my house around 8:10am and fortunately traffic was light, so I arrived by 8:45 and snapped my first pic (yes, I was driving, but I figured it was safe with no one in front of me, plus I was only going about 5 MPH :D):
20150831_084710.jpg

The little piece of plastic that will provide 170 days of enjoyment throughout the year!
15%2B-%2B1

Waiting at the gates (I ended up going in on the left side where there were less people, though):
15%2B-%2B1

And apparently they let people into the park 30 minutes before the official opening time, and rope off the paths at the hub, in order to minimize crowds outside the park and of course, give you the opportunity to do some leisurely shopping on Main Street. However, the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café wasn't open yet, which would have been nice, as I didn't have my usual coffee that morning. So I took the opportunity to snap some pics.
IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3254.JPG

My plan was to go to Space Mountain first, since it doesn't have a single rider line, and grab a FP before going on it. Pretty much a walk-on; by the time I was about to get on, the first riders were just returning into the loading area. Here are some pics walking through the line.
IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

IMG_3269.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

Next, I went on Matterhorn twice, both times pretty much walked on through single rider line. I decided I like the left side better, though. And besides the other pic I've already posted, I only got this one, plus a 2-minute video of the entire ride, which isn't too bad but I didn't have the GoPro, so it's from my regular camera. If you're interested, I can post that as well or PM the YouTube link to you directly.
20150831_102626.jpg

Next, I decided to go on Big Thunder, and stopped at the restroom along the way (and of course had to take a couple pics).
yWXGhgFwH1E27eDUL_THw4-DdJ-Ss5T6CJFk9z5l0_8=w794-h595-no

BnGmD8HkvNzcRdvCJl7BY1nRdsZA3QqKvLF1eENJhcw=w794-h595-no
wow, the rabbit counts the time you're in the loo? ;) :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Some pics on the way to Big Thunder:
IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

I think it was probably about a 10-15 minute wait at BT, so I was able to snap a few pics in line and on the ride.
IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

I got lucky number 13! :D
IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_3303.JPG
IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

IMG_3313.JPG

And I think I'll stop here for now. This took longer than I thought it would! But, please let me know if I'm posting too many pics and I'll cut back.

Its my imagination or the thunder mountain DLR area has even more foliage than the Ornaldo WDW area? o_O

betty rose

Science was a no brainer, they're always at the top of their grade in that subject and they want to keep it that way, he's been friends with the girl on the bus since before they started school, her grandparents live down the street from me and his lunch buddy is the ultimate tom boy, no to mention big time Disney fan. Last year that would have been my response but this year he's already talking about going to dances:cautious: I'm not exactly happy I'm no longer his favorite girl.:(
Boys always love their Mom's. It's in the genes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom