The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

What has his shorts in a knot? or has he not been to the World since the whole FP+ magic band implementation?

I'm not over the top excited about a lot of the system, so not comfortable with the tracking of guests with the MB but I'm kinda went with the attitude of I have zero control over this other than opting out of Disney so embrace I did.
If it will make you feel any better you have been tracked for decades now. The difference was that they just used cameras back then to do it. Although it does have a direct connection to you via the "Band", it really doesn't serve a major purpose other then to know where the crowds tend to go at any given time and how long they stay in that area. There is nothing to be gained by even caring who you are, just where you are and they always were able to do that. It determines a group trend not necessarily a specific individual trend. When one thinks about it, what size would the data base have to be to have a real individual concern about a place that has probably millions of visitors over a years time.

We live in that age... you go to Target, you are tracked, you go to most retail establishments, for that matter, and you are tracked. It has no real use other then determining draw and usage.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
If it will make you feel any better you have been tracked for decades now. The difference was that they just used cameras back then to do it. Although it does have a direct connection to you via the "Band", it really doesn't serve a major purpose other then to know where the crowds tend to go at any given time and how long they stay in that area. There is nothing to be gained by even caring who you are, just where you are and they always were able to do that. It determines a group trend not necessarily a specific individual trend. When one thinks about it, what size would the data base have to be to have a real individual concern about a place that has probably millions of visitors over a years time.

We live in that age... you go to Target, you are tracked, you go to most retail establishments, for that matter, and you are tracked. It has no real use other then determining draw and usage.
Gonna have to stop shopping at target now :cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom