The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

Some pictures. You have to understand. We never get any good amazing thunderstorms like this. Thunderstorm tend to die or get weak after they go through CT. They said winds were like a hurricane. Last one taken by me from our backyard. I feel bad for the squirrels nest to the left of the broken tree

Rt 95. Note the other traffic stopping to look at the tree.

8477609_G.jpg

627173-storm-uproots-trees-in-warwick-28c39.jpg

IMG_0316.JPG

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I hope she gets to go to doggie camp, too! Ours love it as well - lots of fresh air (relatively, since it's up in the hills) and exercise, although this last time, given their ages, they spent time in the "geriatric" section. :cat: But I think one of them may be older than we thought - we adopted her from a shelter, so it was anyone's guess how old she was back then. Right before we left on vacation she had problems using her back legs, but we finally determined it was just one of them and that she probably injured it somehow. I freaked out, though, when I went online to look up possible causes and one was this degenerative disease that has no cure and eventually they die from it! So we were quite relieved when she was more noticeably favoring one leg over the other and got back to almost normal before taking her to camp.

Lately, though I've noticed she's probably losing her hearing now, as she just looks at us with a slightly dazed expression when we're talking to her. :(

Oh, I hope your dog isn't losing her hearing. Although, if I had to pick one over the other, I'd prefer that your dog maintains her sight, over her hearing. As you know, when dogs age, they have various issues (just like people), and we work around those issues as best we can. At least she's in a loving home and will adapt to any new obstacles in her health, because she knows she's safe there at home.

Goofyernmost

Good afternoon! I'm just going to say because I'm in Disneyland this was lunch.

View attachment 104364
Oswald sundae, chocolate vanilla with hot fudge and frozen bananas covered in dark chocolate.
Did anyone besides me notice the upside down hidden Mickey in the whipped cream? To @Cesar R M... dude, if you have to ask how much that costs, while on vacation, you really couldn't afford to go. ;):joyfull:

That was a philosophy that I subscribed to for many years. If I didn't ask no one knew if I was broke or just an eccentric millionaire. I can remember driving home from Maine to Vermont with a total of 34 cents in my pocket just praying that nothing went wrong with the car or no one got hungry.:greedy:

Last edited:

seahawk7

I went to Catholic school for kindergarten and first grade, then moved to public school. I was ahead of my class up until 6th grade! Definitely a solid education at Catholic schools.
Yea my daughter had the same experience. But it was very hard to keep up with the expense. What was harder for us was to deal with the mean people who send their kids to Catholic school. Now this is only my experience and I'm not making a blanket statement as to not offend anyone, but I attended Catholic school and sent my kids to one, and we experienced the meanest people. It was too much for us. Once again, only my opinion.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Did anyone besides me notice the upside down hidden Mickey in the whipped cream? To @Cesar... dude, if you have to ask how much that costs, while on vacation, you really couldn't afford to go. ;):joyfull:

That was a philosophy that I subscribed to for many years. If I didn't ask no one knew if I was broke or just an eccentric millionaire. I can remember driving home from Maine to Vermont with a total of 34 cents in my pocket just praying that nothing went wrong with the car or no one got hungry.:greedy:

No, I didn't notice the upside down Mickey, but after taking another look, I can see it now! Wow, you have quite the discerning eye there, Mr. Goofyernmost!! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yea my daughter had the same experience. But it was very hard to keep up with the expense. What was harder for us was to deal with the mean people who send their kids to Catholic school. Now this is only my experience and I'm not making a blanket statement as to not offend anyone, but I attended Catholic school and sent my kids to one, and we experienced the meanest people. It was too much for us. Once again, only my opinion.

That's too bad that your experience wasn't better. I don't recall many mean people at all, and I went to a Catholic school for 8 years. Then I went to public school after that, and I thought pretty much that the kids were about the same (most were nice, a few were not as friendly).

seahawk7

Some pictures. You have to understand. We never get any good amazing thunderstorms like this. Thunderstorm tend to die or get weak after they go through CT. They said winds were like a hurricane. Last one taken by me from our backyard. I feel back for the squirrels nest to the left of the broken tree

Rt 95. Note the other traffic stopping to look at the tree.

8477609_G.jpg

627173-storm-uproots-trees-in-warwick-28c39.jpg

View attachment 104371
Where are you again?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just like @FutureCEO mentioned about areas of RI and CT , parts of MA had some really bad rain/thunder/lightning/wind storms today. We had a fairly intense one that lasted about 15 minutes in the city, and of course, all of us in the offices were gawking out the window watching the "show"!! :joyfull: (Pass the popcorn! ;) )

Also (and this happens at all hospitals), there are just some days that the emergency area is slammed with patients. So even some of the people in my dept. (administrators, but all MDs and RNs), ran over to lend a hand. Things were in good control by early afternoon, so they started to head back to their usual meetings, etc.

I knew one of the MDs was expected back soon, so during that big rain storm, I ran out to the front steps of our building with a baggie, and I grabbed 2, larger than golf ball-sized, hail stones, and brought them back to the freezer.

When he walked through our area, I ran and got the baggie and told him I had a present for him. ;) "Here! It's hail--I saved some for you!" :p He look stunned for a moment o_O, but then he told me that no one had ever given him a baggie of hail, in his entire life. He said he was going to treasure it--until it melted! :hilarious: :hilarious:

seahawk7

:hilarious: :hilarious: You're funny!!

I agree with you though--I'm baffled about why some people get creeped out by clowns. I always thought clowns were supposed to make people laugh; they always bring them out first at a circus, to make the crowds happy.
Clowns are universally feared because they mask their facial features therefore, masking their intentions. People read facial features, whether they realize it or not, to determine if a person is friend or foe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom