Possible Frontierland expansion

PhotoDave219

I think the decision was made even easier by the fact that the old theater was more of a temporary tent, wasn't it? If the show was going to stick around, it probably needed a more permanent installation anyway.

And yeah, I don't understand where all the "just move IASW" talk originates. That's not going to happen. On the other hand, I have credible word that Carousel of Progress will be switching places with Mission Space.

Originates with a bunch of 17 year olds playing armchair imagineer constantly spamming the forum.

MarkTwain

I imagine they are also fueled by Tokyo DL moving their version of IASW to a new building on the other side of Fantasyland. But if I'm not mistaken, aren’t there structural issues with its current building?

Correct. Tokyo Disneyland has had some problems with structural stability in certain areas, as the entire resort was built on reclaimed land.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Small World and FORK are less expesive than AVATAR, you move the cheap ride to make room newer bigger better stuff ...ya nitwits
Aaaaand someone just got placed on Ignore. Nothing "newer and bigger" is going to be developed in place of WDW's It's a Small World. It's not worth the cost. Go have fun living in your land of delusion, but leave us out of it.

Bairstow

I wonder though- how much would it cost to move "It's a Small World" four feet to the left?

This is assuming that the new installation wouldn't need to be any fancier than the old one, nor would require any new engineering for ADA requirements, etc.

If this is a project that Disney could 100% farm out to outside contractors since WDI wouldn't need to approve everything at 12 redundant levels of management, what would the bottom line be?

SYRIK2000

I wonder though- how much would it cost to move "It's a Small World" four feet to the left?

This is assuming that the new installation wouldn't need to be any fancier than the old one, nor would require any new engineering for ADA requirements, etc.

If this is a project that Disney could 100% farm out to outside contractors since WDI wouldn't need to approve everything at 12 redundant levels of management, what would the bottom line be?
Just 4 CMs one on each corner of the building.

ToTBellHop

It's free in California where tectonic plates move the entire DLR four feet yearly. Some mornings, the CMs come in and actually have to find Nemo.

In FL, you could get someone to do it for $10,000,000 per foot. Same price as a monorail expansion? And same likelihood.

Bairstow

Just 4 CMs one on each corner of the building.

It's free in California where tectonic plates move the entire DLR four feet yearly.

In FL, you could get someone to do it for $10,000,000 per foot. Same price as a monorail expansion?

I should have been more specific.
I'm not talking about physically moving the building, I'm talking about razing it and re-building it somewhere else, even somewhere close by.

I'm just curious if someone has a handle on what show building construction costs when we take out all the WDI-related costs for design, fact-finding trips, and Japanese rockwork arists.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm not talking about physically moving the building, I'm talking about razing it and re-building it somewhere else, even somewhere close by.

I'm just curious if someone has a handle on what show building construction costs when we take out all the WDI-related costs for design, fact-finding trips, and Japanese rockwork arists.
Please, please, start a new thread for this if you're really that curious. This discussion has no place here.

ToTBellHop

Not terribly expensive. To build a new building and demo the old. But an unnecessary expense in FL. I'm sure you could find a crew to do it for $20m as if WDI would ever let such a thing without 15 separate research trips to each country featured to make sure the cliches are still cliches.

PhotoDave219

A lot. Gotta move Pinnoccio's Village Haus as bathrooms and other various infrastructure.

Lets not forget that this sits over the back entrance to the MK, where buses from Westclock drop off and deliveries are made. The mousekateria, the character zoo, locker rooms and a bunch of other things are downstairs in this general area.

So to answer your question? Bottom line is a giant Scrooge McDuckian amount of money. Or more.

Bairstow

A lot. Gotta move Pinnoccio's Village Haus as bathrooms and other various infrastructure.

Lets not forget that this sits over the back entrance to the MK, where buses from Westclock drop off and deliveries are made. The mousekateria, the character zoo, locker rooms and a bunch of other things are downstairs in this general area.

So to answer your question? Bottom line is a giant Scrooge McDuckian amount of money. Or more.

Forget the "four feet to the left" bit then. Let's say for the sake or argument that there's an expansion pad somewhere that would accommodate it.
I'm just curious what it would cost to re-build a show building if no additional WDI costs were involved.

PhotoDave219

Forget the "four feet to the left" bit then. Let's say for the sake or argument that there's an expansion pad somewhere that would accommodate it.
I'm just curious what it would cost to re-build a show building if no additional WDI costs were involved.

You're going to have to rebuild the back half of the Magic Kingdom.

yensidtlaw1969

What you're asking for is so specific, I don't know that anyone will have the answer. Probably not anyone in this thread, at least.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think the idea that IASW might be moved can be relegated to armchair imagineering. If there were plans to move it in the foreseeable future they wouldn't be doing this...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom