Possible Frontierland expansion

lazyboy97o

You must not have seen Remember: Dreams Come True. Or ridden DL's properly updated Space Mountain which was effectively a new ride in the shell of an old one. Or visited DL in general in 2005 after seeing it in 2003.
Replacements are not an expansion. A new fireworks show is definitely not an expansion. Space Mountain had to be replaced because it fell apart.

I'm pretty sure DL got a new ride from each of the resorts world wide. Buzz was only one of them.
You're thinking of Walt Disney World.

Wikkler

I don't know that the southern portion of TSI is big enough for a big ride, though.
Only a spinner, and adding a spinner here would be the worst decision ever.
Well there is Pocahontas. You know that movie the stars an official Disney Princess. As well as the fact it wouldn't be the first time Pocahontas has been in Fronteirland as there is Pocahontas's Indian Village over at DLP.
If Disney absolutely HAS to add an IP to this expansion, then that would be the best one to use. It transitions to Frontierland AND Liberty Square.

Wikkler

A log flume could be great- and it wouldn't be close to Knott's Berry Farm. The park could use two water rides for those sweltering Florida summer days. Just please, Disney suits, don't cheap out here whatever you build!
Yeah, Disney should add a log flume to Frontierland. Why haven't they done that before? I know an old property that they could use. How about Song of the South?

RobbinsDad

If Disney absolutely HAS to add an IP to this expansion, then that would be the best one to use. It transitions to Frontierland AND Liberty Square.

Anything that had American rivers and/or landscapes featured prominently within the IP would work. This includes, just to name a few, Pocahontas, Princess and the Frog, Davy Crockett, Tom Sawyer, Ichabod Crane, The Rescuers, and of course Frozen.

Matt_Black

... The Rescuers is WAY too contemporary. I COULD conceivably allow The Fox & The Hound as, while that also seems contemporary, it just seems more isolated and folksy.

There's also Tex Tinstar, but nobody knows who I'm talking about whenever I bring him up.

ToTBellHop

... The Rescuers is WAY too contemporary. I COULD conceivably allow The Fox & The Hound as, while that also seems contemporary, it just seems more isolated and folksy.

There's also Tex Tinstar, but nobody knows who I'm talking about whenever I bring him up.
I'm surprised no one is looking for a ride that highlights the extremely PC Peter Pan song, "What Makes the Red Man Red."

What-Makes-the-Red-Man-Red_612x380_0.jpg

Wikkler

If we want to preserve some scrap of the original intent of WED's design for Magic Kingdom, then we have to understand how Frontierland and Liberty Square are designed.

Every building on the street, from Haunted Mansion to Pecos Bill's, has a number. This number corresponds roughly with the time-frame the building is based off of. On a walk from Fantasyland to Big Thunder, you're going forward in time.

Fantasmicguy

I seriously doubt it would be a water ride raft or not because it just doesn't make since for another water ride in the Magic Kingdom much less in Frontierland right by Splash Mountain.

Unplugged

I seriously doubt it would be a water ride raft or not because it just doesn't make since for another water ride in the Magic Kingdom much less in Frontierland right by Splash Mountain.

I get your perspective, but I think 2 water rides near each other does work. My thought is, if it's hot and you're looking to get wet, the rides are in close proximity. When guests leave the area, they have time to start drying off before getting on many other attractions. If you have water rides all over the park, you introduce the wet aspect to guest who are trying to stay dry in more locations. That is, wet guests leave wet seats and such. Seems like a silly thing to consider for those of us who have experienced the heat down there, but that's not an all year issue, so I could see clustering water attractions.

Bocabear

Absolutely... And honestly...there are better areas to expand. Frontierland seems to take up the most area in the whole park...

Evolution

I get your perspective, but I think 2 water rides near each other does work. My thought is, if it's hot and you're looking to get wet, the rides are in close proximity. When guests leave the area, they have time to start drying off before getting on many other attractions. If you have water rides all over the park, you introduce the wet aspect to guest who are trying to stay dry in more locations. That is, wet guests leave wet seats and such. Seems like a silly thing to consider for those of us who have experienced the heat down there, but that's not an all year issue, so I could see clustering water attractions.

Agreed. That's how they are in IOA, all right next to each other.

Also others have been saying Adventureland/Tomorrowland needs an expansion more, but Frontierland where would it go in either land? Adventureland has virtually no room for expansion, and the Speedway prohibits Tomorrowland from being expanded. I don't see them getting rid of the parking lot for expansion. They could put a true Frontierland expansion (not replacement) right behind the train station and expand the park at the same time.

Capsin4

Other than being an Indian, what does Pocahontas have to do with Liberty Square and Frontierland? She was a Virginia Indian that lived two centuries before the events in Liberty Square and the MK Frontierland is Wild West frontier not New World frontier.

Brother Bear, Home on the Range and a Woody adventure of some kind would fit for IPs. I think the best transitional idea would be the old Lewis and Clark Adventure idea. While not an IP, it would tie Liberty Square (because of the expeditions ties to Jefferson) to Frontierland (if you consider the expedition helped open the west.

I would be happy with anything that's fun, looks cool and is at least somewhat ambitious. Considering where it sounds like it's going, maybe TS/HF raft adeventure would work. Not a free flowing raft ride, but a system that could emulate a smooth dark ride portion with a simulated (boat movement) rapids section...could be a variety of show scenes from Toms home, through caves etc as you follow the two getting into and out of trouble.

EDIT: They could leave TSI intact, build a bridge to Ft. Clemons (which gets rebuilt as part of the queue) and load at the rear of the back island. If LB is gone, you could embark on a river adventure that detours into caves and other show scenes in a building at the back of the river. Sort of like the opposite of BTM at TDL, but without going under the river

Last edited:

Wikkler

Other than being an Indian, what does Pocahontas have to do with Liberty Square and Frontierland? She was a Virginia Indian that lived two centuries before the events in Liberty Square and the MK Frontierland is Wild West frontier not New World frontier.

Brother Bear, Home on the Range and a Woody adventure of some kind would fit for IPs. I think the best transitional idea would be the old Lewis and Clark Adventure idea. While not an IP, it would tie Liberty Square (because of the expeditions ties to Jefferson) to Frontierland (if you consider the expedition helped open the west.
You can't say Pocahontas isn't a good fit and then say Brother Bear is. Brother Bear takes place before European settlement.
Woody would be as poor as a fit as Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland. Make of that what you will.
Home on the Range would work if the movie hadn't been Disney's single biggest disaster of an animated film in their career.

The absolute perfect fit, though, is Lewis and Clark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom