Trip Report I must have WDW fever!? (completed)

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
DSC02693.JPG

We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 22

The first day of trip is always a little bittersweet for me. The sweet because the day I've been waiting for is finally here. The bitter because I am usually pretty tired because little to no sleep the night before. This trip was no different. I think I got 3 hours of sleep. Who can sleep the night before? I also have to say good-bye to Shenzi, my Golden Retriever. I always hate leaving her, but I get over it a little after I step foot on the plane.

See, doesn't it look like she'd fit in at the parks?
DSC05314.JPG

Our flight takes off in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We live about 1 1/2 hours away from the airport so not too bad. My aunt lives up in the Grand Rapids area so we leave our car at her house instead of airport parking. It saves us some money and it is always nice to see her. This time we had a 2:10pm flight so this gave us time for a quick lunch at Wendy's together.

IMG_0283 (2).JPG

We had fun talking with her about our plans. My aunt and uncle live in Florida during the winters so she was excited for us. My mom was almost too nervous/excited to eat but I managed. Before long, it was time to head for the Gerald R. Ford International Airport. I love this airport because it is so small and easy.
IMG_0284.JPG

One the way we noticed that the skies were started to darken and wind was picking up. My uncle called us and said that a thunderstorm with chance of tornados was coming in quicker that originally forecasted for. Nothing like adding to the excitement to departure day. Once my aunt dropped us off we went inside and took a few pictures before going through security.
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

We were trying not to worry about the weather changing our plans. Our flight still said on-time so no worries. We got through security quickly and went to sit and wait. While waiting for our flight I got a text saying our room ready! We were at Riverside room number 9412 on the 3rd floor. Sounded perfect to me! The storm did delay us, but only for about 20 minutes or so. They couldn't fuel our plane until the lightning had passed.

Once we were all fueled up we were on our way to MCO! We would be landing in Orlando in just 2 1/2 hours. :)
IMG_0299.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
Great start to the TR! I look forward to reading more.

Thank you!

I'm in!! We fly out of Detroit. I may have to look into Gerald Ford Airport!

I really love Gerald R. Ford Airport. It's size makes security a breeze most of the time. I also like that Southwest has a direct flight from Grand Rapids to MCO. It is only a 2 1/2 hour flight.

Looking forward to reading about your trip :happy:.

Thank you! Looking forward to sharing.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 22nd Continued
We arrived at MCO after a pretty uneventful flight. We didn't have too much turbulence with the weather at all so it was good.
IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

After our flight, and ride on the fake monorail, we resisted stopping at the Disney Store and walked right down to the Magical Express. It was fun to put on our Magic Bands and we noticed lots of others wearing them too. I had picked orange, and my mom pink. We also brought our others along to wear when we wanted to be fancy and match our clothes. :) Lucky for us we were able to walk right on to our Riverside bus.
IMG_0309.JPG

It was then I realized I better start drinking water more and finished up my bottle of water I got back in Grand Rapids. We had been drinking tons of water before this trip to stay from getting dehydrated. It must've worked because no problems with that. In fact, I was very worried that because of my fever, I wouldn't be able to do too much, but I felt so good that I never let my fever get to me the entire trip. I believe it lowered too! I am still surprised with that. I need my doctor to write me a prescription for another trip or something!

Magical Express! Yes, we'll get on!
IMG_0311.JPG

Our driver volunteered to take this for us!

I wish they still played the old video on-board the motorcoach. I believe this one was different than last summers though, and that one was worse. Somebody did look familiar in the video and I think it's from a WDW dvd I have at home. I might be wrong, but the guy that is in the video as a driver looks like Professor Sy N. Tific from the DVD of TheHappiest Celebration On Earth Epcot. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

IMG_0316.JPG

This video, and the scene of pretty Florida out our window, kept us busy until we saw this sign. Lots of people clapped & I took this picture, and then quickly clapped along.
IMG_0319.JPG

Pretty blurry photo. Oh well, good enough. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 26

disneypearl

Original Poster
We were so excited when we stopped at Riverside.
IMG_0320.JPG

When we are at home my mom and I always talk about what we are looking forward to or where would we be right now if we were in Disney. Finding our room for the first time is something that comes up quite often. We already knew from the text that our room was number 9412 on the 3rd floor in Oak Manor. We'd never stayed here before so we picked up a map. The place has so many signs that we probably wouldn't have needed it.
IMG_0323.JPG

I have to say we were very much loving the beauty of this resort. There were horses pulling carriages and water taxis going by in the river. So peaceful.
IMG_0328.JPG

We arrived at Oak Manor. I don't know what it is, but even new resorts make you feel at home quickly. My mom was the first to check our room out.
IMG_0336.JPG

I followed and then we did our normal tradition of taking as many pictures of the room as possible from every angle. I won't post them all but here are a few of my favorites. :)
IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

I loved the detail they put into these rooms! The magic carpet and genie lamp sink were my favorites. Also, the headboards on the bed did fireworks! We were happy to be settled in but we realized that the Magic Kingdom was calling our names. We headed out the door of our room almost as fast as we came in.
IMG_0387.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
Great TR! I laughed when you talked about the fever and a Disney trip prescription. I hope you catch the reference: I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!!! (Or in your case, Disney :D).

I had to Google the cowbell reference. :joyfull: Thanks for telling me about it! Too bad it's a little late for my title. That could be me walking into see my doctor. " Guess what, I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Disney!" I've got a pretty nice doctor so maybe it'd work. The insurance might be a different story. :cool:

MegRuss626

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
View attachment 100712
We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

We are staying at Pop Century for the first time in November so I look forward to reading your trip report!

FlaggNL

Wow great start of the TR! Love to see your pics of PORS :) We are staying in POFQ in Oct 2015 and PORS in Oct 2016 :) Thanks for sharing! And off course following along! Looking forward for the other parts of the TR!

ColoradoEquestrian

I had to Google the cowbell reference. :joyfull: Thanks for telling me about it! Too bad it's a little late for my title. That could be me walking into see my doctor. " Guess what, I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Disney!" I've got a pretty nice doctor so maybe it'd work. The insurance might be a different story. :cool:
Hahaha this made my day! If you can get the doctor and insurance to cooperate, I think I'll develop a fever as well and attempt the same! In all seriousness, I hope you are feeling much better now :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom