A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Not to mention they perfectly weaved in enough of the original movie to make the nostalgia flow. The acting was also far superior than the originals which helps a great deal. This movie actually had a thought out story, one that in a world of cloning dinosaurs made more realistic sense than say that dinosaur coming to the United States on a boat.
I disagree in acting.
While Chris Pratt and Co(the raptor crew + bad guy) were tons of times better than the "hunters" from the older movies.
The kids were as bad as acting as the original girl from the first movie.

By the way, anyone noticed that most actors in this movie.. were mainly TV series actors?

Vincent D'Onofrio was from LAW & ORDER
B. D. Wong was also from LAW & ORDER
Chris Pratt was from PARKS AND RECREATION
Nick Robinson from MELISSA & JOEY

and a few others I do not remember right now.

Phil12

So the person who is cynical about cynicism is above reproach?
No, not at all. Cynicism in and of itself is not enough because it is negative. It must be combined with a healthy dose of skepticism to be truly above reproach. Cynics tend to see things in black and white and then drop the matter and conclude there is no solution. And cynics will often believe gossip if it fits their preconceived notions. When you mix skepticism into cynical thought the equation changes as skeptics seek solutions.

Cynical people do not trust any information that they do not personally agree with. It doesn't matter if the information is right or wrong. The information just has to sound right to them. It doesn't matter if the information is positive or negative, as along as it reinforces their beliefs. Some of the minions here are cynics.

Skeptical people want evidence before they'll trust information. Many skeptics are called "trolls" because they question unsubstantiated information.

Cynics tend to be dismissive and brood while skeptics seek verified answers.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I disagree in acting.
While Chris Pratt and Co(the raptor crew + bad guy) were tons of times better than the "hunters" from the older movies.

By the way, anyone noticed that most actors in this movie.. were mainly TV series actors?

B.D. Wong was in the original movie.
Pratt is a mega movie star now.
D'Onofrio is a good actor and was recently in The Judge.

Television is not a lesser form of acting... McCaughahey was just on TV.

lazyboy97o

I disagree in acting.

The whole notion of television and film being separate classes of actors was blown away years ago. You're also ignoring Vincent D'Onofrio's rather sizable list of credits that extends well beyond Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Even Wong and Pratt have a number of films to their names with Guardians of the Galaxy most definitely shooting Pratt to the level of genuine movie star.

WDW1974

Original Poster

stevehousse

On the flip side...this is a MUCH worse problem in my opinion...

http://www.mymagicaltours.com/Disney_VIP_Tours.html#VIP_Tour_Rates

"A Private VIP Tour Gets You The Inside Scoop: Magical Tours is owned and operated by a former Disney employee, and that means we have all the "inside scoop" on how to help you avoid many of the long lines other families will have to endure. Our average wait times are usually just 10 to 15 minutes per ride, and sometimes even less!"

Ah, so it's even easier to find out who this and have them thrown out the of the park. Excellent.

You think the private tour is bad, what about all the foreign workers selling their day passes and whatnot to tourists and getting you in the MK for only $60 dollars! LOL

Brewmaster

OK, was thinking of starting my summer sabbatical a little early here ... I'm sure y'all will be just fine without me. But then a friend alerted me the site was apparently down a large chunk of the day and night and I thought y'all may have missed this gem from the ''Whatever happened to former EPCOT VP Brad Rex Dept?'':

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-brad-rex-talking-with-20150705-story.html
So those Leave A Legacy tombstones were just a long con to get into the funeral business

the.dreamfinder

So, this guy making a names for himself by puking forth info he picked up from here is now in trouble with @WDWFigment (no, I don't know if he's still in Japan or not! I do need to email him ...) for 'borrowing' some of Tom's pics to run with our info?

Shocking.

What's scary is he apparently resides within minutes of me ...
Also, his reportedly reliable source "Uncle Walt" was never cited on the site outside of that article.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Quickees (because they truly are the best kind):

Just remember July 15-16 for more Shanghai Disney info ... and blame the Commies if you don't hear anything.

I admit that it's really good to see a slimebag like Arnie fall. Hopefully, this film's under performance will let the Terminator series end ... at least for 3-4 years until it's time to reboot it.

OK, so MK reached a Phase B closing on the 4th? As near as I can tell, all that did was prevent people from buying tickets (one day tickets) at 6 p.m. and forced people with them, who may have left the park for a bit, to either wait 1:45 to reenter or get a free hop to another park. Yeah, that probably affected 149 people.

Are we all supposed to pretend we care about soccer just because our women won the World Cup? 'Cause I still don't.

Caught Humans for the first time this weekend, and I liked it. But I didn't love it. It didn't grab me the way Mr. Robot did.

Is this the thread that has been trolled about Small World ( I dunno, I just was 'warned' by a minion)?

How many Lifestylers are going to Comic Con? Just Mrs. Ricky's MealTicket?

OK, today was a record day for me. I saw at least 10 gators in a two-mile stretch of canal that I drive by between my house and the local Dunkin Donuts. Two were feasting on an unlucky bird of some kind (likely a duck). I'm sure climate change and the fact that it has barely rained in a month during the wettest time of the year in paradise has nothing to do with them swimming further out from the real swamps. (Yes, I did think that there are a few people here I wouldn't mind throwing in the water with them and seeing if they could swim out!)

I may well be a Faux Top One Percenter, but in the last week I've dined at McDonald's, Arby's and Denny's and I'm not at all ashamed of that. I also did my twice weekly Chipotle where all the hipsters and 19-year-olds on 'roids dine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom