A Spirited Perfect Ten

lazyboy97o

I am curious as to who will be doing the sculpting for the next President considering they canned Valerie Edwards.
Too bad WDI fired his protégé Valerie Edwards.
Walt Disney Imagineering has been plagued with a pushing out of institutional knowledge but its not like there were only ever these two sculptors.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Actually closer to 3 (2.7?).

But...while I totally agree Jurassic World won't, Episode VII has a strong chance. Particularly since a lot of the same outside factors that led to Avatar's success will also be in effect with Star Wars, and on top of it 40 years worth of fandom who is squealing in delight.

Basically, Episode VII had quite a bit of what Avatar had going for it, and way more than Jurassic World had, so it's pretty much a no-brainer. 2/3 of Avatar + JurassicWorld(x2) = it will take an epic catastrophe for it not to be the first film to break 3B.

I agree, also I just saw Jurrasic World and thought it was great. They did a great job reviving this franchise and it's obvious why the movie has been such a hit.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So I just saw a video from a DSMM at the recent social media celebration they had at WDW. She was showing her Club Level, Yacht Club , 2 bedroom lock off room and judging by the info in the video, the room was comped. Her videos had a whopping average of 50-100 views and ZERO comments. I wont link them just because it would give her more views. But good to know that 100 views and zero comments on YouTube gets you a free Deluxe Resort, 2 bedroom, Club Level room.

My favorite was her video of 7DMT that had a fancy scrolling caption that said, "Deven Dwarves Mine Train". Great attention to detail.

BrerJon

My favorite was her video of 7DMT that had a fancy scrolling caption that said, "Deven Dwarves Mine Train". Great attention to detail.

Do you really think Disney *wants* people with a sharp attention to detail and critical mind making videos of them? Of course not.

This Mom is exactly the kind of person they want, the sort who blindly accepts that it must be luxury-standard because they used the word 'Deluxe' in the hotel description and tells everyone else how good things are, instead of filming all the dirt on the skirting boards or wood that's coming away or what have you.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wow! going pretty aggressive today, aren't you?
I have no idea what the hell is your problem, but get down from your mighty tall horse.
Because you seem to rush in a position when you really do not know much, I did my research. Thank you so much! you're the one whos not getting it.

As for my post:
I am not talking about TOTAL money after they ended their theatrical run. My point is THIS:
V3kwafA.png

If the rate continues, JW might surpass THE AVENGERS US total.

but in the 22 day total.. JW stomped PAST the avengers.

As for Avatar, I was looking at the US only figures.
Note that of the 2+ billion of avatar.. 72% came from the foreign market.

also, right now JW is standing at 1.2 Billion.. The Avengers was 1.5 billion.
If the rate of JW stands, they might reach and surpass THE AVENGERS as well.

So much for "sticking the foot", you should follow your advise sir.

have a MAGICAL DAY.
So first off, I apologize. Was a long day, and simply tired of people picking a particular number to make their point. So anywhoo, you NEVER mentioned in your post that you were only looking at a "22-day" total - which is meaningless in the long run. Then you mention that you were only looking at U.S numbers for Avatar - again meaningless in the long run as the U.S. is LESS than 5% of the world's population. EVERY major film has had NON-U.S. box office totals far exceeding that of the U.S totals. What a film does in the U.S is pretty much meaningless for how it will do over-all. And you can bet that every studio loves the international money. Heck, let's pick another one. FF7 is number 4 world-wide - even beating JW and almost beating the first Avengers! Yet domestic it is 30!

I completely agree that JW has the possibility of surpassing both of the Avengers movies in the long run, and as of this weekend, it has surpassed AoU. I guess you're going to throw a party now, since you seem to be so happy that JW is going to "blow" the Avengers out of the water. Hope you have a magical day as well. :D

cdd89

I saw this ad (targeting the UK market) which I was slightly taken aback by:
HXQpWv3.png

(The previous slides said "Visiting Orlando? Why not add a little magic by visiting Disney..." or something to that effect).

This is the marketing strategy you would have expected of Universal... hoping for a couple of days of vacationers' time as part of a larger Orlando vacation. Tickets for vacations of fewer than 7 days were previously almost impossible to find on UK targeted sites.

They are non-Park Hopper tickets though. At an equivalent daily cost of $116 per day, it seems a strategic mis-step not to throw in park hopping at that price, at least while the parks are so unbalanced... after all, who comes out worse if a guest chooses DHS (imagining a Universal style experience) and arrives at 8AM - the guest who is bored (and not spending money) after less than half a day and returns early to their off-site hotel (or to one of the 'Orlando Flex' attractions which this is almost certainly who this is targeted at), or Disney when the guest tells all their friends/family back in the UK that "WDW isn't even worth two days"?

Last edited:

flyerjab

I agree, also I just saw Jurrasic World and thought it was great. They did a great job reviving this franchise and it's obvious why the movie has been such a hit.

I have seen both Inside Out and Jurassic World now and both films were great. Jurassic World actually exceeded my expectations, as it is pretty impressive when the 4th film is as excellent as this one was. The concept behind the main antagonist dinosaur was brilliant and is one of the reasons that the franchise was still able to maintain some degree of originality even in its 4th iteration. I think that this is why Jurassic World was so good: it was more risky in some aspects. Of course there were the usual plot points - children come to island, people get caught in dinosaur areas, dinosaurs break out, etc. The big differences where I felt from a story line perspective the writers took more chances were things like Pratt's character and his relationship with the raptors and the backstory and abilities of the Indominus Rex. And Pratt is now obviously becoming the next big action star in Hollywood (if he wants to be) so Universal was smart to cast him.

The one thing that really stands out to me regarding both films is that each demonstrates the strength of each company. Jurassic World was such an in-your-face, action movie that was so great to watch. It was bombastic in a sense and very reminiscent of how the parks are being revitalized at this moment in time. Huge, impressive additions that are just stealing the limelight away from The Mouse right now (IMHO). With Inside Out, though, it was such a creative and emotional movie that tugged on your heart strings as they say. It reached back into your childhood in an intense way and was able to stir up some nostalgia. This is one of the things that Disney has mastered and it was on full display during this movie. With Disney now moving into some different IPs like Avatar and Star Wars, it should prove interesting to see if they can once again build dominant, immersive and intricate experiences like UNI has been with Potter and what Kong appears to be.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So I just saw a video from a DSMM at the recent social media celebration they had at WDW. She was showing her Club Level, Yacht Club , 2 bedroom lock off room and judging by the info in the video, the room was comped. Her videos had a whopping average of 50-100 views and ZERO comments. I wont link them just because it would give her more views. But good to know that 100 views and zero comments on YouTube gets you a free Deluxe Resort, 2 bedroom, Club Level room.

Was this the famous Fadra Nally, She seems to have the ability to create content no one except Spirit's Minions and TWDC looks at.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Funny you should mention this...

One of my bothan spies checked in. MK missed projections on Friday and Saturday.

For context, I'm down the shore in Jersey this weekend and it seems really slow for July, let alone a holiday.

Up here in the 'frozen' north, We had probably the biggest surge of MA 'staycationers' that i've EVER seen had at one point a 30 mile backup on 93.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Was this the famous Fadra Nally, She seems to have the ability to create content no one except Spirit's Minions and TWDC looks at.
It was not Fadra. Exact same style though. Its like these woman are cast from a mold. Its obvious Disney (or someone) has provided them with intro-level tutoring to help with their production values for their videos, but its also painfully evident these woman have not done any continued learning on their own to improve their skill level beyond basic Windows Movie Maker 101. Their lack of proper editing knowledge shines trough when you notice that over half of their pictures and videos are rendered in portrait orientation. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If your getting a $1,200 per night deluxe room for free (and park admission Im sure) I would think at the very least they would attempt to produce something above the level of what anybody with a 6th grade education level or higher could make on a laptop. Go check out the "Photo of the Day" thread on this very website, we have members who take photos that are 1000% better than what these chicks vomit up on their youtube and IG.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Do you really think Disney *wants* people with a sharp attention to detail and critical mind making videos of them? Of course not.

This Mom is exactly the kind of person they want, the sort who blindly accepts that it must be luxury-standard because they used the word 'Deluxe' in the hotel description and tells everyone else how good things are, instead of filming all the dirt on the skirting boards or wood that's coming away or what have you.
Another one of her videos was showing various parts of their trip and each scene had a caption to describe where they were or what they were doing. So it shows a close up shot of a CM cutting up her sons Mickey Waffle and the caption says, "A Cast Member cutting his food". I was relieved that she explained what was happening because I was extremely confused by the very obvious image of a lady cutting up a waffle. Watch out Ken Burns, these ladies are re-writing the playbook on video documentation!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Can't imagine wasting time watching videos just to write little recaps here.

No one cares about these vloggers so why seek them out?
I was watching videos on the refurbed rooms at BW and I noticed her video on the side column. Wasnt exactly seeking them out. But hey, thanks for being so passive aggressive about it, thats always a sign of a cool person and not a b-hole.

Wasnt your comment just as much a "waste of time" by your own standards?

CaptainAmerica

This is the marketing strategy you would have expected of Universal... hoping for a couple of days of vacationers' time as part of a larger Orlando vacation.
I disagree. UK guests travel much differently than US guests. When I lived in Polk County, I'd say at least 50% of my neighborhood were British retirees who came to Central Florida for a few weeks at a time. Their visits weren't based on Walt Disney World, they just came to sit in the sun by the pool. Getting those folks to spend two days in the parks is a net win.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom