Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Phineas

i am so mad at you for posting this. i don't know what i find more offensive: all the jump edits, or the term "bloggy bestie"...
I'm having a similar struggle: On one hand, the video is just over 3 minutes and there's no reason for those irrational cuts. On the other, "bloggy bestie" is such a cringe-worthy choice of words.

"While my family is off doing whatever a family does without a mother..." kind of rubbed me the wrong way too...

Edit: Of course her lip syncing Let it Go made the cut. Of course it did.

TP2000

i am so mad at you for posting this. i don't know what i find more offensive: all the jump edits, or the term "bloggy bestie"...

I just want to share our pain. Last year when she burst onto the scene with her videos from Disneyland that garnered dozens of views, she became famous here. I once watched her review a Chevrolet Impala that General Motors gave her to use and blog about. After a week's use she created a 3 minute review video in her driveway where she talked about the car and miraculously she did the entire review without using the following words: engine, drivetrain, powertrain, transmission, brakes, handling, suspension, tires, performance, mileage, horsepower, torque, fuel, or motor.

She didn't even open the hood, or mention that the hood could be opened on an Impala. But she gets free loaner cars to use and review. I haven't decided if she's really just a hapless housewife who stumbled into this free buffet, or if she's actually a brilliant performance artist making fun of corporate America.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Same with lots of characters, in multiple parks, Pluto for example, who at this point does not command a triple digit wait time.

It would be crazy to take the girls out of PFH until the wait times are more in the 30-45 minute range.

Most parents would not be happy waiting in line with a preteen child for longer than that, it just isn't enjoyable for anyone, if Disney can reduce the wait time they really should as guest satisfaction is a major concern. The one thing that they don't want people to remember is the 5 hour wait for Anna and Elsa like we had initially when they were in Norway.
I would say there were just plain stupid for wasting that amount of time to meet a college kid in a costume. at $100/day, that is a lot of time to waste for a photo opportunity...The M&Gs are out of hand...stop building the expectation that you WILL definitely meet every TV and movie character when you go to WDW....there are more tings to do than that...(well not at DHS)..
I grew up going to WDW...we would occasionally see the characters walk around Fantasyland... it was fun when it happened but we never expected or demanded to meet the characters... Unfortunately Disney has built up the expectation... which is resulting in the 5 hour lines...

dumboflyer

While I agree on a personal-use-of-time with several of the M&G detractors, I do think they have their place. Bringing us back on topic, I even hope they go into the new DHS areas. Can you imagine the popularity of some SW M&G possibilities?

I happen to enjoy rides, both thrilling and not-so-thrilling. I hope both are present in strong numbers in whatever new areas DHS has to offer. But I also recognize that there is a demand for M&Gs, even if they are not my "thing". And if there is a demand, I hope WDW supplies it. Not everyone likes thrill rides. Or shows. Or slow rides. Having something for everyone just makes a park or area more well-rounded.

Mike S

While I agree on a personal-use-of-time with several of the M&G detractors, I do think they have their place. Bringing us back on topic, I even hope they go into the new DHS areas. Can you imagine the popularity of some SW M&G possibilities?

I happen to enjoy rides, both thrilling and not-so-thrilling. I hope both are present in strong numbers in whatever new areas DHS has to offer. But I also recognize that there is a demand for M&Gs, even if they are not my "thing". And if there is a demand, I hope WDW supplies it. Not everyone likes thrill rides. Or shows. Or slow rides. Having something for everyone just makes a park or area more well-rounded.
A C3PO that could speak multiple languages could be cool.

FrankLapidus

The wait times for M&G's when we've been to WDW have often been ridiculous in recent years. For me the fun of meeting the characters was lost when Disney made the process so regimented and it lost all sense of spontaneity; when I was younger the characters could pretty much turn up anywhere and the variety of them made it something of an enjoyable challenge to meet all of the ones you found.

I can remember a time when we met characters like Stromboli, Philoctetes and Meeko on Streets of America. That would never happen now. Now its the same characters at the same places at the same times every day. To me that just doesn't seem like much fun. When I was younger part of the thrill of walking through the turnstiles into Magic Kingdom was the possibility that there might be a character somewhere in Main Street Square. Sometimes there weren't, on other days we met Robin Hood and the Seven Dwarfs. Do those characters meet guests anywhere at WDW today?

That was just one of the nice little touches that WDW used to have and one amongst a few that I think has been a real shame to lose. It probably won't matter much to the kids waiting in M&G lines today, as long as they get to meet Mickey, Anna an Elsea I'm sure they're happy, but I think they missed out on a time when the whole process of meeting the characters was a lot more fun and spontaneous.

disreport

God bless you for remembering Fadra Nally! I'd almost forgot about her.

She's up to 74 (ironic number) views for her Day 2 video from the fabulous free WDW vacation her family received. As an East Coast girl she seems far more comfortable in Florida than she did when Disney flew her family out to Disneyland last year; she didn't seem to like it that much and the California culture seemed a bit foreign to her. But she's had a great time at the Beach Club Resort this year, and for her part she did this type of stuff.

Let's see if we can get the little lady up to 100 views.

Not to pick on her too much, as I'm sure she's a genuinely nice person when she's not holding an iPhone in front of her face. The point here is that this is a purposeful marketing strategy by Disney management. And it's horrifying the resources, money and energy that's poured into these women and their mommy blogs.

Should be 75. I gave her another view...and left a comment or two. Couldn't resist.

Goofyernmost

The prize has to go to the final scene in CoP for the most embarrassingly outdated technology. It's almost, so out of date, that it has become entertaining in its own right, due to its "out-of-dateness". A bit like Pop Century, remember when?
As stated before... CoP, as of the last incarnation, is strictly an historical attraction. You will not ever see the last scene change because Disney wisely stopped trying to guess the future. What you see now is a history of the last 100 years. You already know what is here now because you live in it and no one has a clue as to the future of anything.

So please everyone stop with the "last scene" righteous indignation. It is what it is, just like the songs in the Tiki Room haven't been sung by anyone outside of the building in two generations. Just go see it for what it was... a great show that was done with technology that was just a dream back then. It was the precursor to what we expect at theme parks now and should remain just the way it is. It is there to be appreciated by people that recognize just how great it was, in it's day. It can be called many things, but, embarrassment is not one of them.

Like the Model T Ford was in it's day, none of us want to currently own one as our primary car, but, we can appreciate what we do have because of it. Besides even after the last scene, there is still a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow to experience starting at the end of everyday.

SYRIK2000

Jar Jar M&G

SYRIK2000

As stated before... CoP, as of the last incarnation, is strictly an historical attraction. You will not ever see the last scene change because Disney wisely stopped trying to guess the future. What you see now is a history of the last 100 years. You already know what is here now because you live in it and no one has a clue as to the future of anything.

So please everyone stop with the "last scene" righteous indignation. It is what it is, just like the songs in the Tiki Room haven't been sung by anyone outside of the building in two generations. Just go see it for what it was... a great show that was done with technology that was just a dream back then. It was the precursor to what we expect at theme parks now and should remain just the way it is. It is there to be appreciated by people that recognize just how great it was, in it's day. It can be called many things, but, embarrassment is not one of them.

Like the Model T Ford was in it's day, none of us want to currently own one as our primary car, but, we can appreciate what we do have because of it. Besides even after the last scene, there is still a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow to experience starting at the end of everyday.

Me and the Kids love CoP, Drives the wife bonkers.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member

I was 45 before I was able to ride in a Doom Buggy by myself. The mere thought of actually standing beside Darth Vader makes me light-headed. And yes, I know it's just some tall guy in a costume, but Darth Vader terrifies me. It's the breathing thing. (Reminds me of when I was 9 years old, and my best friend's dad lived in an iron lung in their dining room. I used to scoot past those doors as quickly as I could with my eyes closed.)

When my niece was performing in the Jedi Training Academy, Vader saw how scared I was (ducking behind random strangers in the crowd) and I swear he kept tormenting me by pointing at me in the crowd and doing that terrifying raspy breathing thing.

Pics of me and Darth Vader? Ain't gonna happen!

pajammies

She's up to 74 (ironic number) views for her Day 2 video from the fabulous free WDW vacation her family received. As an East Coast girl she seems far more comfortable in Florida than she did when Disney flew her family out to Disneyland last year; she didn't seem to like it that much and the California culture seemed a bit foreign to her. But she's had a great time at the Beach Club Resort this year, and for her part she did this type of stuff.

Not to pick on her too much, as I'm sure she's a genuinely nice person when she's not holding an iPhone in front of her face. The point here is that this is a purposeful marketing strategy by Disney management. And it's horrifying the resources, money and energy that's poured into these women and their mommy blogs.

I don't know who this person is or why she gets free vacations, but I would like my 3 minutes and 14 seconds back please. :bored:

CDavid

Inside-Out is already interviewing for the job currently held by a purple dragon.

That is perhaps the one thing I potentially don't like about the current crop of rumors and conjecture. Figment was evicted once; It didn't go well. If the attraction is well done fans will not complain as before, but its not like there isn't another empty, abandoned spot in Epcot where Inside Out would feel right at home.

That's partly my fault, I referenced her in a previous post but couldn't remember who it was that introduced us to her in the past.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-spirited-perfect-ten.894588/page-1061#post-6757724

At the time, day 1 of the 2015 Social Media Conference had a mere 87 views. It now has 94.

I just want to share our pain. Last year when she burst onto the scene with her videos from Disneyland that garnered dozens of views, she became famous here. I once watched her review a Chevrolet Impala that General Motors gave her to use and blog about. After a week's use she created a 3 minute review video in her driveway where she talked about the car and miraculously she did the entire review without using the following words: engine, drivetrain, powertrain, transmission, brakes, handling, suspension, tires, performance, mileage, horsepower, torque, fuel, or motor.

She didn't even open the hood, or mention that the hood could be opened on an Impala. But she gets free loaner cars to use and review. I haven't decided if she's really just a hapless housewife who stumbled into this free buffet, or if she's actually a brilliant performance artist making fun of corporate America.

Have you seen her Fiat 500X review? If so, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. ;)

AEfx

And to any Toy Story Playland haters, if they only built E tickets and theming for 2 billion dollars, we would be lucky to net 3-4 rides. With cheaper additions in the mix, we get probably 2 new marquis attractions (E) and a dozen smaller rides (A-D) and shows (and dining and merch). DHS has been neglected for so long that it needs the whole package. Not just a new ToT and a RnRC.

I think I might be the only one that has been "anti-Toy Story" - but just to clarify - I'm fine with some cheap things in DHS so all the good money goes to the good stuff (STAR WARS!).

That said, I just wish they'd theme those cheap things to something Pixar other than Toy Story. There are like a dozen other Pixar films that if you walked around WDW you wouldn't know existed because there is little to no representation in the parks.

Bocabear

Problem is, you won't get both.... It is becoming less rounded, more toddler and princess skewed than ever in it's history... So while you applaud more opportunities to meet obscure characters from The Aristocats,They will continue make the real attractions and rides cheaper or non existant ....it was brilliant marketing to get kids hooked on the cheapest thing they could possibly offer in order to minimize their investment in the parks , while still raking in a butt load of cash...
So enjoy more shuttered attractions and price hikes along with your Baymax and Hiro M&G....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom