Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

donsullivan

Premium Member
Don't be absurd. There's barely room enough in those Space Mountain cars for human knees. You'll never fit a tripod in there. :)

I assume the above was somewhat sarcastic but I've actually ridden Space Mountain with a tripod attached to my backpack many times over the years. Much like with 7DMT I just put the backpack on top of the lap bar and pull one of the straps around the lap bar for security. As long as the tripod is attached to something they have always let you take it on. If however you are just carrying the tripod, they will not let you ride; never have.

Last edited:

dstrawn9889

well let me throw my .02 in. my canon t1i stayed attached to my monopod for the entirety of my last trip (inc on BTMRR and Space) only person that said anything to me was a Gracey Manor Butler during an E-stop and i was in a buggy waiting to depart load.

brb1006

I'll smile (laugh) even more once I see a picture of A) someone getting their stick taken from them, and/or B) someone crying at the gate because they can't take it in with them.
I'm already expecting to see a few videos of people return home or at the gate compaling about the Selfie Stick ban.

KDM31091

Honestly, the selfie sticks annoy me, so I'm not sad about the ban. What is wrong with just actually talking to someone and asking them to snap the photo? Most people will oblige.

I have and use a smartphone, but sometimes I feel like they've gone too far, they rule every aspect of our lives it seems. Selfies are of course a thing even without the stick, but it just added to the ridiculousness lol

Jlasoon

Not surprising. Its impossible to stop every person who tries to enter with one. However, CMs are supposed to enforce it as soon as the offending device is spotted (even if it isn't currently in use).

I was at the MK last night. There's just too many vain sticks floating around. I have no idea how there going to enforce this. But good luck to all CMs.

Heck I saw one that must have been extended 5 feet. The guy was 3 rows back during the parade and had his elongated stiffy stick over everyone's head taking snapshots. Serious president Comacho moment.

The worst part is people are getting hit by these things. And the idiots don't give a crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom