TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

Next Big Thing

Something similar. Screens and LPS.

What's worrying - apart from a single IP as the parks headliner, and an IP that may be forgotten in years to come - is it would not use the entire building.

Of course there's no reason this and the GMR couldn't both exist. If they wanted to build a new show building.
And there's certainly no excuse for replacing rides - especially headliners - in DHS right now.

YodaMan

Something similar. Screens and LPS.

Of course there's no reason this and the GMR couldn't both exist. If they wanted to build a new show building.

How cool would it be if they could pull off two rides from the same entrance? I know it would be a logistical nightmare with signage and explaining to guests, but it would be cool to enter the Chinese Theatre and have one auditorium be a "History of Cinema" that leads to GMR and the other auditorium is the GOTG2 premiere that leads to a new show building built in the general area of Jack Sparrow that's the LPS ride.

djlaosc

Although, as someone from the UK, I have no idea who TCM are or who Mr Osbourne is! That might just be me but I'm guessing quite a few Europeans are thinking 'who's this guy?'

The UK version of TCM is on Sky 317/418/341 and Virgin 415/416/417.

I am unsure if Robert Osbourne is on our version of the channel though...

Rasvar

As a videographer and photographer I think the new finale is very well done, new, fresh and has a bit of nostalgia not only for the older movies, but it includes many clips that have been in the finale for decades. I come away from viewing it, wanting to see those movies featured.
Saw it this weekend. It was actually a nice job on the film. The rest of the ride still needs some help. Interesting that they managed to squeeze in Guardians of The Galaxy (a Marvel product they can apparently use in the WDW parks) and a shot from the new Star Wars movie that isn't even out yet.

JimboJones123

Few quick notes:

Episode VII - WOW, a movie that has not even come out yet!!! This should be the theme for 25% of this park. It is free advertising to millions of guests a year. Even the Back Lot Tour was getting props like Lone Ranger, but only weeks after it was already out in theaters. Parks and Marketing are missing some HUGE opportunities.

Barbara - Hello Gorgeous! My most missed bit.

Tara's Theme transition to Star Wars theme - It was really cool how they could take two of the most iconic themes and wipe between them so seamlessly.

Stella makes the cut!!!

The added horror bits, including Poltergeist, were fantastic adds. Probably the best of the lot, including "You best be believing in Ghost Stories, Miss Turner...."

Tangled: BEST DAY EVER should have been the clip. I agree with most posters here, strange bit to add.

Lots of new stuff though. Honestly, one could updated this film annually with little to no effort. 20-40 man hours of editing annually is being VERY generous.

Cannot wait to see it in person next week.

Figment2005

Just got off and while the tour guide was less than spectacular (no sense of timing) the overall experience was excellent. Sat through the gangster scene and Mugsy was top notch. The final montage was even better in person and the on ride narration was great.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Bubbles, scrims and lighting now tries to hide the fact it looks rather boring static.

I still can't believe they haven't replaced that scene over the years. Its so self-contained you could do it with minimal consequence... yet it's been such a broken window for so long. The apathy that scene's existence over all these years represents is so sad.

FoozieBear

Quick question about the ending film:

Does anyone know if The Incredibles was in the original version of the finale or was that added with the new update?

Victor Kelly

I remember seeing it fully functional, but it was only 1 time. Been static after that. Just a scrim with rotating images on it after that.

VJ

Treasures from the Disney Vault - July 2, 2015
8:00 PM Beach Picnic (1939), The Simple Things (1953) and Hawaiian Holiday (1937)
8:30 PM Johnny Tremain (1957)
10:00 PM The Liberty Story (1957)
11:00 PM The Living Desert (1953)
12:15 AM The Great Locomotive Chase (1956)
2:00 AM Treasure of Matecumbe (1976)
4:00 AM Rascal (1969)

Source and more info: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/monthly.html?tz=est&sdate=2015-07-02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom