A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

It also gives them a reason to talk about Nintendo, Volcano Bay, new resorts, etc. whenever they bring it up. That was also the point of Transformers. They are both used as "bait" or a reason to talk about themselves even more.
With all the rumors about King Kong, and if it's just "bait," I can't wait to see everything else they have in store......

Come on Nintendoland, wow me :D

Disneyhead'71

With all the rumors about King Kong, and if it's just "bait," I can't wait to see everything else they have in store......

I believe that Nintendo Land is the sleeper in all of this. Disney is all about interactive these days. We got your interactive. In a very short span, Universal is going to prove themselves as a major player in the market.

As I said before, we look at it as some sort of real life chess game. Comcast isn't playing games. They are investing billions of $$$. They smell an opportunity. Disney, in their arrogance, is playing right into their hand.

No, Universal will not out draw the MK. It is an American institution. An American middle class rite of passage. Red state red meat. There is nothing Universal can do to combat the legacy of WDW. The damage that arrogant leadership has done has paved the road to success for a competent and aggressive (and well funded) competitor.

That should have never happened. Walt would have LISTENED to JK Rowling, not talked at her.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Skull Island: Reign of Kong is going to be like the Main Street trolley with TV screens. It won't even be waist high to classic Disney attractions like Laff Floor and "Elementary School Showcase with Belle and her Cardboard Cohorts. Sponsored by Elmer's Glue".

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Soarin Will have 261 people per cycle after they build the third theater. Five minutes per cycle with 9 to 10 cycles per hour because you have a load unload time. So realistically, 2500 people per hour. Assuming it's open for 12 hours, you're looking at 25,000 people per day. Assuming of God daily attendance is 40,000 after frozen opens, that's using the 20% growth projection the Disney somehow was expecting… means two thirds of your audience can actually ride soarin.

My numbers for frozen were off yesterday. I was assuming it would be open for 12 hours a day, not the current 11 to 9 that world showcase is. As it currently stands at 900 guests per hour, 10 hours is only a mere 9000 guests per day or one quarter of the current audience.

If frozen stays at 900 guests per hour and if they get a 20% increase in guest traffic that would be somewhere in the vicinity of 42,000 guests per day if you use the 2013 numbers. That means more than three quarters of your audience will Not be able to ride the brand-new headliner attraction of frozenstrom.

Simple math says somebody in parks and resorts didn't do their due diligence.
I don't buy for a second that they open up a Frozen ride that only accommodates 900 guests per hour. Also, I'm willing to bet that the ride will open with the park and not at 11.

RSoxNo1

Where are they going to find the extra capacity?
Well first and foremost, I've heard different numbers for Maelstrom's capacity, but let's assume that 900-1000 is what it regularly clocked in at. The attraction will be down for at minimum 16 months. @marni1971 has indicated that there will be track changes in the old queue area, I could see other changes to the ride system/track to eliminate those bottlenecks that limited capacity. If I had to guess, I'd say that worst case scenario the Frozen attraction would have a capacity in the 1200-1400 range.

Last edited:

StageFrenzy

Well first and foremost, I've heard different numbers for Maelstrom's capacity, but let's assume that 900-1000 is what it regularly clocked in at. The attraction will be down for at minimum 16 months. @marni1971 has indicated that there will be track changes in the old queue area, I could see other changes to the ride system/track to eliminate those bottlenecks that limited capacity. If I had to guess, I'd say that worst case scenario the Frozen attraction would have a capacity in the 1200-1400 range.
The attraction probably will not operate at an optimal rate due to the stroller and scooter brigade. Does anyone know how many attractions still get near the capacity?

Funmeister

Well first and foremost, I've heard different numbers for Maelstrom's capacity, but let's assume that 900-1000 is what it regularly clocked in at. The attraction will be down for at minimum 16 months. @marni91 has indicated that there will be track changes in the old queue area, I could see other changes to the ride system/track to eliminate those bottlenecks that limited capacity. If I had to guess, I'd say that worst case scenario the Frozen attraction would have a capacity in the 1200-1400 range.

1400? That is only 400 shy of doubling the current capacity. Sorry, I just don't see it. They are not going to be able to load the boats any faster than IASW, Living WIth the Land or Pirates. The extended flume will allow more boats but that could actually decrease dispatch times in certain circumstances.

It will be interesting but I do not see how they will almost double capacity.

spacemt354

Chili's
1400? That is only 400 shy of doubling the current capacity. Sorry, I just don't see it. They are not going to be able to load the boats any faster than IASW, Living WIth the Land or Pirates. The extended flume will allow more boats but that could actually decrease dispatch times in certain circumstances.

It will be interesting but I do not see how they will almost double capacity.
Well 1200-1400 which was his estimate, from 900, is not that close to double the capacity, which would be 1800 per hour.

That being said, I would lean more on somewhere in-between 1100-1300. Even with an additional scene or two, it's just too small of a space to have any more than a modest increase.

Cesar R M

Just because the attendance has increased 32% in 10 years, doesn't mean the parks were unable to handle it with current capacity. You could say that all those periods of low attendance were days where capacity was underutilized.

EDIT: Therefore, there should be a factor applied to those attendance increases to account for operating hours and park occupancy.
I hope you're being sarcastic there..
specially the part about capacity.

doctornick

Well 1200-1400 which was his estimate, from 900, is not that close to double the capacity, which would be 1800 per hour.

That being said, I would lean more on somewhere in-between 1100-1300. Even with an additional scene or two, it's just too small of a space to have any more than a modest increase.

Increasing the ride time doesn't increase capacity in a "throughput" sense (i.e. riders per hour), though it increases the riders on the ride at any given time.

In order to increase ride capacity, you need to make load faster and dispatch more guest more quickly. Changing the boat configuration might help if new vehicles hold more passengers but are able to be dispatched at the same speed (or faster) as before.

Cesar R M

I'm more optimistic about Epcot surviving Frozen than others in this thread. I don't think it's that obviously the case that a superstar attraction causes adjacent attractions (in this case countries) to be overrun. The type of guest who makes a beeline for the attraction with the longest wait time in the park couldn't be more different from the type of guest who likes to drift idly between the countries snacking and letting time tick by whilst taking in the odd circle vision or two. I think Norway will become an unpleasant place to be in the short-medium term, but in truth it's my least favourite World Showcase country (and the one I'm least disappointed to see destroyed, and make no mistake, I don't see any silver lining here).

But I wonder if we're missing a potential move here. Given the lower capacity, limited interior queue space and anticipated extreme popularity, is there a chance WDW would look to make Frozen the first FP+-only attraction? That would be an improvement over the thought of queue line extensions being set up trailing out of the Norway pavilion.
until the FP systems fails again and you will see furious crowds .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom