Hatbox Ghost is Disney World?

180º

Or, OR-replace Constance with Beating-Heart. And all will be right in the world. Other than the Dreamworks rejects in the HHG Mirror Scene.
Good point. ;) I should say, axe Constance and put Beating Heart where Beating Heart was.
Aren't the third and fourth brides at Disneyland the same figure? I thought they just put a veil over her face?
Yup. Dan (better known as HBG2) of Long Forgotten counted them as two different incarnations because the second dressing of that bride was enough of a change to suggest it was deliberate attempt to alter her look. But yes, it's the same figure. Sort of how I wished they had altered Connie's look given the chance they had.

Phineas

Then and only then will I accept your bringing New Hatty to the East Coast Attic.[/QUOTE]
Good point. ;) I should say, axe Constance and put Beating Heart where Beating Heart was.

Ah, fighting bad puns with bad puns. Good move.;)

"I do...I did. {Shing!}"
"Heeeere cooomees the briiiide! {Shing!}"

:facepalm:

WildcatDen

I do not like this post. Where's the hate button???
Please, tell me how you really feel.

Actually, the rumor today is that the Hat Box Ghost will be making his debut in Florida, except is will be a slight homage to the infamous Stewart Smalley sketches from SNL.

Hatty will have his back to the Doom Buggy, facing a floor length mirror repeating the phrase, "I'm Good Enough, I'm Scary Enough, and Doggone it, people in Florida like me. . ."

iheartdisney91

Having Hatty exclusively to DL is a nice idea, and I totally understand people's feelings towards it.

But I don't see myself traveling to CA anytime soon... We visit WDW quite often, and we'd love to see him here in our mansion as well.

ght

More like there is more of a demand by tourists at WDW MK and many of them only go once, so that is why the mansion does not get the NBC layover.
I can understand why WDW regulars would want the overlay, since it is something new. However, as a DL regular (who I am sure is in the minority) I HATE the Christmas overlay at DL. It was neat the first time I saw it, but after that is just ruins the ride for me. It makes the lighting too bright and some of the effects really bug me (i.e. the dancing ghosts in the ballroom scene dancing in the middle of a Christmas tree). We usually end up going for fall break, so it ends up being the version that I experience the most. :depressed: I know I am one of the few that doesn't love, love, love it, but I don't think the east coast is missing much by not having it.

Stevek

I can understand why WDW regulars would want the overlay, since it is something new. However, as a DL regular (who I am sure is in the minority) I HATE the Christmas overlay at DL. It was neat the first time I saw it, but after that is just ruins the ride for me. It makes the lighting too bright and some of the effects really bug me (i.e. the dancing ghosts in the ballroom scene dancing in the middle of a Christmas tree). We usually end up going for fall break, so it ends up being the version that I experience the most. :depressed: I know I am one of the few that doesn't love, love, love it, but I don't think the east coast is missing much by not having it.
I loved HMH when it debuted and enjoy riding it each year...but it's just installed for far too long. 5 months is crazy for an overlay and just installing it before Christmas would be plenty.

mouse_luv

While I like NBC, I hate that overlay. I'm a WDW regular and hope it stays far far away. Plus, I really don't think WDW is going to risk having the HM down for the amount of time it has to be to install and take down the overlay.

Communicore

The Haunted Mansion can have all new haunts made on the cheap and people would still ride it. It does not matter if they have Hatbox etc. It's the frikkin' Magic Kingdom, people will go no matter what.

Progress.City

Please, tell me how you really feel.
Perturbed.

Compounding the situation are all these posts, "oh, such a good idea, give DL exclusively"!

What?!?

Oh, gee, DL was the original... Let them have all the upgrades and exclusive attractions... MK is but an afterthought so we don't deserve it. We should feel so privileged to have Mine Train... Oh, thank you, oh Tiki gods for giving us more of what we already have and nothing really new such as Dumbo and TSMM. Oh thank you, oh Tiki gods, for giving them real E Tickets in their MK Park that we will never have, such as Indiana Jones. Oh, thank you O Tiki gods for giving them superior versions of Space Mountain, Big Thounder, Smallish World, Pirates, Buzz, etc., etc., etc. Ugh

Last edited:

HMF

While I like NBC, I hate that overlay. I'm a WDW regular and hope it stays far far away. Plus, I really don't think WDW is going to risk having the HM down for the amount of time it has to be to install and take down the overlay.
They won't risk having anything down for that long and it shows.

tirian

You know how Disney deals with the fact that nearly every ride at DL is better than its WDW counterpart? They deal with it by making even more improvements to its DL versions, while barely maintaining its counterparts at WDW. And people here are OK with that?!?!
That's because it's easier to close your eyes and pretend everything is okay than to be realistic. "I still had a fun time, so I don't care that Disney is overcharging and underdelivering."

Bairstow

Also, why does our Constance always look so much better than Disneyland's? They're both terrible, but the effect always worked better for me on WDW's figure. Are the mannequins different?

I noticed that too.
Just speculation here, but maybe the angle of the projection on the California figure is less than ideal? It might be a situation where the position of the projector unit is dictated somewhat by the geometry of each attic, which would account for the slight differences and the "muddy" look of the California one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom