The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Three options on the table for dinner last night - all places that are not available in our city. Five Guys, Opa, and the Pickle Barrel.

Hubby dined at PB during his weekend tournament a few weeks ago, and suggested I might like it. He had me at "ginormous shakes".

They were indeed, ginormous!
View attachment 91893
32 oz. While I absolutely, positively could have finished this beauty on my own, I would not have been able to eat a single bite of food. Ergo, we split it. He had the cherry. I had the rest. :joyfull:
(Honestly though, we pretty much split it 50/50.)

I was here for brekkie. I love brekkie for dinner.
View attachment 91894
I had the P.B. Big Breakfast.
Please note how we do not call it "Canadian bacon". You guys do. We call it "peameal bacon".
Irrelevant though, as I didn't have any. ;) I ordered all bacon and sausage.

View attachment 91895

Close up of the bacon. It was soooooo darn good.
View attachment 91896

Hubby went with his usual go-to meal - Caesar salad and chicken parm.
View attachment 91897
View attachment 91898

He ate every single bite. I ate less than half of mine.
View attachment 91899
Once I knew I wasn't going to make it, I ate the stuff that doesn't "travel well".
That strange looking thing on the right is what they call a latke. Not what I was expecting, but jeepers, it was good.

Not sure which of the boys will eat my leftovers, but if they skip the latke, it's mine!

We arrived about 45 minutes prior to the restaurant closing, and the person who seated us made sure we knew it. The food was good, but the service was decidedly lacklustre. I didn't feel at all bad about only leaving a $5 tip on a $40 check.

Yummy food pics!! I also like brekkie for dinner. I just had a bowl of cereal!! :D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have 3 tomato plants that have been in the ground for 3 weeks now. One looks a bit goofy but the other two are growing well. Another few weeks I will plant some more. When I am gardening I will eat sweet 100's off the Vine or pull off a large tomato and eat it like an apple. Slurp. :hungry:

You know, there's really nothing better than home grown tomatoes, fresh off the vine. I can't grow anything where I live (landlord put in a concrete backyard . . . :rolleyes: ), but I do have friends that will share their bounty when everything ripens at the same time. That's another reason why I remember (years ago) how much I enjoyed eating at the Garden Grill in The Land pavilion at Epcot. They had grown the veggies and harvested fresh that day--YUM!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sci Fi - food is not great. Too dark. Like being in a space fishbowl. Now if they make a Guardians of the Galaxy restaurant, I'll be the first one in line.

Prime Time - Style is cute but gets old fast. Food is not that great either. For something that is supposed to be homecooking, surely its not. I just don't like the waitresses acting like your 'mom.'

Ha! I love your comments above, and you crack me up sometimes. SciFi is a blast!!! I ate there last year, and I got to sit in the back seat of another family's "car" and the waitress announced to them that a hitchhiker had joined them! HAHHAHA! We all had a couple of good laughs, and they rather enjoyed having me in their back seat. I also love the cheezy sci fi movies. The food wasn't great, but the atmosphere was fun. :happy:

I haven't been to Prime Time, but have read about it and seen pictures. I think it's hilarious that the wait staff take on familiar family characters like a mother, for example. It's all part of the "fun". You only go around once in life, so enjoy! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow. Chicago is asking teachers to take a 7% pay cut. Wooba. And this is the City that thankfully failed to win an Olympic bid. I don't live there but it makes me sad.

Rumors are though there will be a presidential library in Chicago.

I'm really struggling with this one. Teachers provide a critical service to the community. What a shame they're asked to take a pay cut. A new presidential library doesn't interest me in the least. I do realize that the funds/budget for the library are probably very different from the funds/budget for the teachers in the city. Still, it's a bit of a turnoff to hear about some big new fancy schmancy presidential library, when the teachers are being asked, at the same time, to take a pay cut. I dunno . . . just doesn't sit well with me.

MOXOMUMD

So, this Friday we're havin' our annual spring office event. We're goin' to a place called Hill Country Golf & Guitar. It's a restaurant with an upscale mini-golf course and an outdoor live music stage.
The theme is Caddyshack, and we are encouraged to dress accordingly. Also, they decided to show the movie in our main conference room for the last coupla' days during lunch for the youngins' here that may have never seen it before. Could have some fun pics to post later that evening...!!! :joyfull: :)
I watched Caddyshack last night. :D

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Eeewwwweee.

*reaches through the screen and pinches @donaldtoo really hard. I see a bruise forming.*

Vulcannervepinch.jpg

FutureCEO

I'm really struggling with this one. Teachers provide a critical service to the community. What a shame they're asked to take a pay cut. A new presidential library doesn't interest me in the least. I do realize that the funds/budget for the library are probably very different from the funds/budget for the teachers in the city. Still, it's a bit of a turnoff to hear about some big new fancy schmancy presidential library, when the teachers are being asked, at the same time, to take a pay cut. I dunno . . . just doesn't sit well with me.

AAA baseball team just got new owners. They want to move to team to downtown Providence which would probably cost more to go. They want taxpayers to pay $120 million over 30 years for an $85 million stadium. I don't get the math either so don't ask.

I hate it when millionaires and billionaires that owns sport teams that can easily pay for new stadiums ask taxpayers for money. And then they still get their money by threatening to leave or some other city pays them. The only stadium built ever with all private money is Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA.

Goofyernmost

I am very careful not to make fun of names, be they current or old fashioned, because of what happened to me.

Very early in my first pregancy, before we had shared the news that I was expecting, we were at a family barbeque on Hubby's side.
Conversation turned to our having kids and what we would/should name them.
I mentioned that I liked the name "Spenser".
My 6' 4" muscle-bound cop BIL piped up - That's a f** name. Why wouldn't you just tattoo "Kick Me" to his back permanently.

I was devastated! :(
You see, I was just 8 weeks along, excited beyond belief, and in the privacy of our home, snuggled in bed, Hubby and I had agreed to name the baby Spenser, if it were a boy.

I guarantee you that there are some people here on this forum that love the name "Albert", and may in fact, have named one of their offspring such. Tribute name or not.
Maybe so, but, you have made fun of my name many times. I haven't bothered to tell you the hours of thought and indecision that my Mother went through to find just the right name. I think she struck gold. I am Goofyernmost... Goofyernmost am I! And proud of it.:happy:

Goofyernmost

Ha! I love your comments above, and you crack me up sometimes. SciFi is a blast!!! I ate there last year, and I got to sit in the back seat of another family's "car" and the waitress announced to them that a hitchhiker had joined them! HAHHAHA! We all had a couple of good laughs, and they rather enjoyed having me in their back seat. I also love the cheezy sci fi movies. The food wasn't great, but the atmosphere was fun. :happy:

I haven't been to Prime Time, but have read about it and seen pictures. I think it's hilarious that the wait staff take on familiar family characters like a mother, for example. It's all part of the "fun". You only go around once in life, so enjoy! :joyfull:
The very last time I went there, the waitress simply put their lunch on my bill. That's carrying it too far, I think. When I told her, she just said... Oh, I saw you ask them for the Ketchup so I figured you were together. OK, wild as that is, I suppose I could believe it, however, what made her decide that I was the one that was paying the bill? It must have been the bedazzle on my f anny pack!

donaldtoo

My Dad loved to take photos. Us growing up, then my kids. Took him forever to snap a photo to as he fiddled. Likely why my kids and I use an iPhone for photo's or a little digital camera.

My pop was similar, but, not in an annoying way. He worked for Fox Photo in San Antonio (where it was founded) back in the 50's, so he was an avid amateur photog. He still has (although he doesn't use it anymore) his old 35mm camera with the brown leather case and the fan flash unit that used the old bulbs that would be all hot and melty after they went off.
Good memories. :)

Eric1955

Does anyone else feel there has been no noticeable change in music, fashion, or interior design since the last decade? Technology has changed but that's about it. There have been slight changes but it's not like the changes in music and style that occurred during the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. My professor of American pop culture brought this up but I didn't buy his explanation as to why there have been no significant changes since the last decade.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Doesn't sit well with me either, but I'm biased being a teacher. In a nearby town, the district was/is facing a 2-3million dollar deficient and the answer was reducing staff, giving teachers and other staff pay cuts, and taking away some promised retirement benefits. Many of the citizens at the board meetings were in favor of the pay cuts and taking away benefits. One of the quotes from the newspaper was "if the teachers love their jobs and the children this shouldn't be a hardship for them" I guess that person forgot that the teachers/staff still have their own families to provide for. :(:mad: Oh and this district is already remodeling the high school too...Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom