The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I am very careful not to make fun of names, be they current or old fashioned, because of what happened to me.

Very early in my first pregancy, before we had shared the news that I was expecting, we were at a family barbeque on Hubby's side.
Conversation turned to our having kids and what we would/should name them.
I mentioned that I liked the name "Spenser".
My 6' 4" muscle-bound cop BIL piped up - That's a f** name. Why wouldn't you just tattoo "Kick Me" to his back permanently.

I was devastated! :(
You see, I was just 8 weeks along, excited beyond belief, and in the privacy of our home, snuggled in bed, Hubby and I had agreed to name the baby Spenser, if it were a boy.

I guarantee you that there are some people here on this forum that love the name "Albert", and may in fact, have named one of their offspring such. Tribute name or not.
I never liked my name, my aunt Betty was ...let's just say not playing with a full deck, and I thought I would grow up to be like her. Scared me to death, as a kid.

donaldtoo

So, this Friday we're havin' our annual spring office event. We're goin' to a place called Hill Country Golf & Guitar. It's a restaurant with an upscale mini-golf course and an outdoor live music stage.
The theme is Caddyshack, and we are encouraged to dress accordingly. Also, they decided to show the movie in our main conference room for the last coupla' days during lunch for the youngins' here that may have never seen it before. Could have some fun pics to post later that evening...!!! :joyfull: :)

donaldtoo

And to you as well.

spaceballs.jpg

May+The+Schwartz+Be+With+You+Spaceballs.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am very careful not to make fun of names, be they current or old fashioned, because of what happened to me.

Very early in my first pregancy, before we had shared the news that I was expecting, we were at a family barbeque on Hubby's side.
Conversation turned to our having kids and what we would/should name them.
I mentioned that I liked the name "Spenser".
My 6' 4" muscle-bound cop BIL piped up - That's a f** name. Why wouldn't you just tattoo "Kick Me" to his back permanently.

I was devastated! :(
You see, I was just 8 weeks along, excited beyond belief, and in the privacy of our home, snuggled in bed, Hubby and I had agreed to name the baby Spenser, if it were a boy.

I guarantee you that there are some people here on this forum that love the name "Albert", and may in fact, have named one of their offspring such. Tribute name or not.
True. It is an opinion. Just like we had various members that liked Charlotte yesterday and others did not. I like the idea of renaming oneself as a tribute it is a genuine act that person will own vs having someone else own the tribute. My one pup I adopted came with my fathers name. I renamed the dog.

donaldtoo

In our early years we all had fannie packs in our family until they fell out of favor. Beyond useful though, I miss wearing mine.

Yep, I wore a pack too, and didn't give a rip what anyone thought, and still don't. They're handy dandy.
Then, I discovered cargo shorts. Everything I need goes right in my front pockets/compartments, and it's one less thing to hafta' mess with. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yep, I wore a ***** pack too, and didn't give a rip what anyone thought, and still don't. They're handy dandy.
Then, I discovered cargo shorts. Everything I need goes right in my front pockets/compartments, and it's one less thing to hafta' mess with. :)
My dh has cargo shorts with pockets that snap or button, but doesn't trust them on some of the faster rides.

betty rose

Good afternoon all.....To Gabe and all I posted my new introduction, husband approved! If you are interested. I'm pretty much an open book, with a typical life, except for a couple occasions , the funeral home era, and the farm era with one really funny story. Thanks for letting me start over.:joyfull:

Gabe1

My husband is still so slow, I just point and shoot, and hope for the best.

Yes, that is me to, aim and shoot, done. Admittedly I admire all the great photographs on this sight 'cause I can't hold a candle to their skills. Still I don't want too either, I don't have that passion for photography that others do, plus I never find a reason to criticize others photo's since I don't have that critical eye for photography. I have that critical eye for color combos in clothing, homes, decor etc and also with plants and flowers. That is enough for me.
Who knows, if I didn't always have a camera pointed at me my whole life with my Dad maybe I would have enjoyed the hobby.

Gabe1

Yep, I wore a ***** pack too, and didn't give a rip what anyone thought, and still don't. They're handy dandy.

I understand cargo shorts in the parks but haven't seen a pair as a female I'd wear nor one of those cargo vests either. I either carry a very small cross body purse of an almost empty string backpack that also holds a waterbottle in a net on the side, it works well especially if I am carrying an umbrella in the parks or need to stash a poncho. There are times when I just put my mini wallet in one pocket, my cell in the other and bring nothing else besides some Advil-just in case into the parks. It is very liberating after those diaperbag/backpack days gone bye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom