Free Dining 2015?

CaptainAmerica

That was the big problem I found with the delux dining plan...never again. However, after pricing a room/ticket package w/o the offer and then again with the offer, both came out to the same price. So why not get some food?...
Oh certainly, it's definitely better than no offer at all. But there are times when you have a choice between a 30% room offer OR free dine, and depending on your resort and travel party the room only offer might be a better deal since the DDP option is at rack rate.

ninjaprincesst

At lunch i went online and booked (even though I already had one since January I just couldn't get anything but a busy signal) so booked and got confirmation email but it stated QS plan (which wasnt checked the regular dining plan is what was checked and it's WL) still couldn't get thru at lunch to confirm, finally home from work and lines are still busy. Did a disney chat and the lady told me im not the first one saying it's showing up as QS but basically not to worry as WL only offers the regular dining plan (and up)
finally got the phone to ring and the wait is about 2 hours still :( would you wait on the phone or just wait til the lines are less busy.
online the reservations says (which leads me to belive it is the regular dining? this is how it's worded on our orginal reservation too)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge MYW Pkg + FREE Dining 2 Adults, 2 Children Dining Plan: 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child
What you are looking at will change on a daily basis (mine has both this year and last year) What you need to look at is at the top of your reservation page it should say Wilderness Lodge for whatever date + free dining. If it says + free QS Plan you got QS.

joanBatianagal

Oh certainly, it's definitely better than no offer at all. But there are times when you have a choice between a 30% room offer OR free dine, and depending on your resort and travel party the room only offer might be a better deal since the DDP option is at rack rate.
Oh okay, I see. Thanks! Do you happen to know the Decemeber free dining time is offering discounted rooms...? I did not come across it. I thought discounted rooms was more in the Aug-October time?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Neither one is particularly "worth it" unless you use every single credit without forcing yourself and you order the most expensive menu items at each meal. I find it much less stressful to just order what I'm hungry for rather than spend my whole trip trying to "beat" the dining plan.
I disagree. Value is subjective.

Financially, it can easily be made to work...but it does involve eating a lot of TS (at least for the Deluxe).

The thing I like about using it is also part of the value...I don't have sticker shock at the end of the meal. As a result, the plan shoves a LOT of food at me. Things I probably wouldn't order or try if I wasn't on the plan.

I crunched the numbers for a 4 day trip I have coming up, and I actually come out ahead. Granted, I have two signature dines in those plans...but, we do come out ahead.

That said, I've had it every trip since 2010 (DLX plan), and I've NEVER used all the credits...not once.

firecatgirl

What you are looking at will change on a daily basis (mine has both this year and last year) What you need to look at is at the top of your reservation page it should say Wilderness Lodge for whatever date + free dining. If it says + free QS Plan you got QS.
It doesn't say QS it says
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult

joanBatianagal

I disagree. Value is subjective.

Financially, it can easily be made to work...but it does involve eating a lot of TS (at least for the Deluxe).

The thing I like about using it is also part of the value...I don't have sticker shock at the end of the meal. As a result, the plan shoves a LOT of food at me. Things I probably wouldn't order or try if I wasn't on the plan.

I crunched the numbers for a 4 day trip I have coming up, and I actually come out ahead. Granted, I have two signature dines in those plans...but, we do come out ahead.

That said, I've had it every trip since 2010 (DLX plan), and I've NEVER used all the credits...not once.
Thanks for sharing!

CaptainAmerica

And you STILL came out ahead? I'll admit that I have no experience with the Deluxe plan but that's very surprising.

I "beat" the regular dining plan on a ten day trip a few years ago and I became an anti-DDP evangelist immediately thereafter. Just way too much food. The pressure I felt to make every credit count, combined with the intricate management of who's eaten how many snacks and all that was more than any value I derived from lack of sticker shock. My way of avoiding sticker shock is to just way over budget. I'll usually plan $100 per person per day of food even though we never come close to that. We charge everything to the room anyways and pay the balance with gift cards every few nights.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And you STILL came out ahead? I'll admit that I have no experience with the Deluxe plan but that's very surprising.

I "beat" the regular dining plan on a ten day trip a few years ago and I became an anti-DDP evangelist immediately thereafter. Just way too much food. The pressure I felt to make every credit count, combined with the intricate management of who's eaten how many snacks and all that was more than any value I derived from lack of sticker shock. My way of avoiding sticker shock is to just way over budget. I'll usually plan $100 per person per day of food even though we never come close to that. We charge everything to the room anyways and pay the balance with gift cards every few nights.
I did a day by day breakdown last trip in my trip report (2013). And, no, we didn't come out ahead. It was about break even (I think we were $50 shy, something like that). In 2011 we came out ahead (there was a group of 4 and we did several signature dines). 2012 was break even, iirc. 2010 I didn't pay attention.

But, each trip is different.

For example, the upcoming one...I'm planning 4 days before a cruise. It breaks down something like this.

Total Cost w/ package - $438
Meal Credits - 18

Day 1

Jikos Credits - 18 - 4 = 14
Cost - $438 - $170 = $268

Day 2
Cindy's Breakfast Credits - 14 - 4 = 10
Cost - $268 - $118 = $150

QS for lunch Credits - 10 - 2 = 8
Cost - $150 - $40 = $110

Be Our Guest Dinner Credits 8 - 2 = 6 (if I can get it)
Cost - $110 - $100 = $10

See, halfway through the trip of dining would pay for the plan, plus some...

It was more affordable before my kid turned 10. A much better deal. $110 + $30, it was pretty easy to eat $140 worth of food and snacks throughout the day, if you did TS and Signatures littered in there. But, now she's an "adult".

We'll have a LOT of food, but it will pay for itself. And, as I said, there are two things that bring added benefits to me (personally). And, it is a subjective value assessment. I would probably avoid a lot of the TS options were I paying out of pocket, and I certainly wouldn't order appetizers and desserts on a regular basis.

Like a Cruise, it gives me the "feel" that I have "free food" during the stay, and as a result, it's not a concern. And, to me, there is value in that. I probably would spend a lot less (either on DP or OOP) as well.

That said, I do totally understand why many prefer to pay OOP. It's just not something I care to do.

tony&mistyw

I was able to snag OKW for my Oct. dates 2 bedroom villa w/ free dining. There are 7 adults and 1 infant, originally booked for 3 rooms at POR but couldn't get the promotion there the FD rooms were already gone. With the FD at OKW it wound up saving us money.

lighteningqueen

The thing is this year is not worth it. You HAVE to purchase the hopper to get it .. So they get back part of their free by you buying their hopper. We have the last three times NOT used the hopper If you plan your parks out to the longest day one you dont need to hop plus so much time is wasted waiting for buses getting into the park then waiting for bus again. So at first I was sad ur dates Oct 6-15 were not included we always have had the free dining but now that I think on it my air fare will go up way up now its 80 each way for 2 seats 2 of us.. staying at Music park tickets and party came out to 1900.00 so for 9 nights 10 days I think we will be ok. Just eat once a day and be good with it..

GrimGrinningGhost15

Did not realize the free dining plan was released until 5pm because I was so busy at work (I usually get to check this site several times a day!). I have been on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes! Trying to add free dining to already existing reservation at coronado sept. 5th-13th. It will save us quite a bit. More than the room discount by about $500. Wish me luck!

jengrey

Alas, I was unable to get a Riverside room with free dining BUT my travel agent was able to apply a late-summer room discount and upgrade our room at POFQ from standard to river view! I'm very appreciative for that! :D

Mickey81

It's disappointing that FQ is excluded, but not surprising as it was last year. Oh well, I love FQ way to much to move. I guess I'll look at the other deals, but I booked the package before ticket increases, so I doubt I'll benifit much. Anything is better than nothing though.

ninjaprincesst

It doesn't say QS it says
MYW Pkg + FREE Dining
2015 Quick Service Meals, 2015 Table Service Meals - Child, 2015 Table Service Meals - Adult
Just pay attention to that MYW Package+ Free Dining at the top
The part under dining plan changes all the time I stressed about it last year for no reason. I would call to confirm everything is as it should be on your reservation but I would at least wait until tomorrow when the free dining has subsided some.

bee

This all looks like a mess! I'm glad that DW and I have concluded that the DDP is not a good deal for us since we are vegetarians are prefer bigger meals at breakfast as opposed to dinner. Plus we are hoping to go during F&W and most of our "meals" would be considered "snacks" and it just wouldn't be worth it. Good luck to all trying to book free dining!!

firecatgirl

Just pay attention to that MYW Package+ Free Dining at the top
The part under dining plan changes all the time I stressed about it last year for no reason. I would call to confirm everything is as it should be on your reservation but I would at least wait until tomorrow when the free dining has subsided some.

I have AKL and mine says the same thing....you're good.

Thank you guys :D

draybook

This is ludicrous. Thirteen hours after the phone lines open the wait time is STILL over 90 minutes. Hopefully we will be able to modify our BB and not have this FD madness effect us.

MissingDisney

This is ludicrous. Thirteen hours after the phone lines open the wait time is STILL over 90 minutes. Hopefully we will be able to modify our BB and not have this FD madness effect us.
Hoping for you!!!...hours trying to get through on the phone, hours more on the website, finally got through on a Spanish line (AGAIN-I have no idea why) and literally pushed any button until a person came on the line and spoke. I immediately said I do not speak Spanish but PLEASE do not hang up. The CM started laughing and said it was ok, she spoke English too. Thank God. She was great and literally searched every resort for me for my Nov dates. No mod avail, only ASSp for value, very limited deluxe...NUTS!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom