The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Those games look pretty awesome. I love playing board games. Fortunately so does my husband. Growing up my sister rarely wanted to play with me, so I had to hound my mom or by myself. If I was by myself I would pretend the dog, there was usually one next to me, was playing the game with me. I was very honest in "helping" the dog take its turn, and sometimes the dog won. I know, I was a strange kid. But I didn't live in an area where it was easy to have my friends come over to my house just whenever.

I think that's a cute story. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok, here is a nature question for you. A bird has built its nest in the area right near where our front door opens. We use this as our primary door for entering the house, so this could pose a problem. I didn't notice it yesterday so I doubt there are eggs in it yet. Should I knock it down or let it stay and see what happens?

Can you just relocate the nest nearby?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
After the Hasbro show the plan was to go swimming before dinner. I was feeling out of sorts and I had that feeling if I didn't lay down I was going to fall down. :( My friends took my daughter to the pool so I could get a NAP. They'd come back in time for everyone to get dressed for the Cruise Elegant dinner.

I never did sleep but the more I laid there the worse I felt. The rocking of the ship was becoming less intermittent but was still bothering me. :depressed: When everyone returned I began feeling more ill and had to tell them to please go without me. (I know I'm not with it if I pass on a free steak! ;) )

My friends took my daughter to dinner and entertained her for most of the evening by exploring the ship. (The night's movies were Divergent and Interstellar so I knew those were a no go.) I took ibuprofen and wished for my head not to explode. :in pain: Eventually I slept for an hour then ordered room service to stop my stomach from growling--side salad, BLT and chips. Everyday on the ship's tv one family movie and one action movie plays continously for 24 hours (before moving on to different featured movies) so I got to watch Alvin & The Chipmunks:Chipwrecked. :cat: I also started packing a suitcase since our time left on the ship was dwindling. :cry:

Eventually the girls came back and dropped my daughter off. She had shrimp cocktail, steak, mashed potatoes and chocolate ice cream for her dessert. I guess the wait staff put on another dancing show to I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas too. She also told the head waiter I wasn't feeling well and he made me a flower. :happy: (That made me feel better than a chicken. :hilarious: )

View attachment 90134 I still wasn't quite up to par but hoped a good night's sleep would help cure me. Especially since we had to be up early for the Dr. Seuss character breakfast the next day. :geek:

TO BE CONTINUED with green eggs and ham, "Look mom, I'm on tv!" and packing procrastination.

Oh dear, sorry to hear you were under the weather for a while there. :(

Glad your friends could join your daughter for dinner, though, and that she had a fun time. I was so impressed that that head waiter made you a cute flower to cheer you up!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK, so DWifey is channel surfin' and comes across a show on Animal Planet called "Treehouse Masters". WTH does that hafta' do with animals, other than displacing them, and creating (as per the prior nest conversation) human nests...?!
Then, during the commercial break, they advertise a new show called "Flipping Ships" about refurbing old sail boats and houseboats. And, the tag line at the end is... "Animal Planet. Surprisingly Human."
Yea, kinda' like the History Channel is surprisingly unhistorical, these days.
What the flippin' flip...?!?!?! :confused:

Oh don't even get me started on the "programs" on quite a few of those cable/satellite channels. The one that breaks my heart is the destruction of the Home and Garden channel. They turned that one into a real estate channel, and got rid of all my favorite design and craft shows. I HATE it now.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh don't even get me started on the "programs" on quite a few of those cable/satellite channels. The one that breaks my heart is the destruction of the Home and Garden channel. They turned that one into a real estate channel, and got rid of all my favorite design and craft shows. I HATE it now.
Ugh, I am right there with you.

They made separate channels for separate interests, and pretty much all of them have veered from that.

The most dramatic, though, is AMC...which USED to mean American Movie Classics.

Now it's shows about Zombies and Meth.

Not that I mind Walking Dead and the like.

Goofyernmost

Mustard and relish (and sometimes, diced onions, and our Midwest pals like celery salt) goes on hot dogs, no ketchup required. :)
Culturally, I am very diverse. My preference is what is known as "the Works". That would include absolutely everything you mentioned including ketchup plus cheese and occasionally chilli. I like to think that I fit in everywhere. Not Canada, of course, who wants to fit in up there!;)

Goofyernmost

More downsides to the warmer weather:
- critters "sleeping" on the side of the road :(
- raccoons, skunks, and possums in my back yard :jawdrop:
- flies, mosquitoes, and other flying pests :arghh:
- the gag-inducing smell of the outdoor garbage bin :hungover:

But hey, it's not snowing!
Man, it didn't take long before the "complaints" of warmer weather appeared. All we've heard for the past 8 months is "Oh, it's so cold, I hate the cold, when is it going to warm up". Now that it has we get to deal with critters, bugs, rodents and odors. It is really hard to make people happy isn't it.

That is so true. Some of the channels that I actually bought cable for were Comedy Central which is almost nothing now but Tosh O., and Futurama once had a lot of stand-up shows that were great. Travel Channel from real life possible destinations to Bourdain and his obnoxiousness doing things that none of us will ever be able to do and the other guy, Andrew something, that would eat a decayed lizard if someone put it on a stick and grilled it. How I long for the days of Samantha Brown. And don't get me started on the swamp people or any other reality show. (Also don't tell me that stuff is reality other then the shear foolishness of it)

History Channel 2 is still pretty good, but HC 1 has been taken over by aliens.

MOXOMUMD

Oh dear, sorry to hear you were under the weather for a while there. :(

Glad your friends could join your daughter for dinner, though, and that she had a fun time. I was so impressed that that head waiter made you a cute flower to cheer you up!! :)
He was a really nice guy. A few times we walked past the restaurant while he was setting up for dinner he would blow kisses at us and we'd run away like little school girls. :oops: :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom