Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

So last night I took the kids to see a junior high school production of Mary Poppins. I went into it thinking I was going as a favor - since my mom wanted to go she bought 6 tickets and told us "we're going". I honestly couldn't believe this production was put on by 13, 14 & 15 year olds. These kids obviously have talent - but I think the ability to watch YouTube videos of performances incessantly in preparation for a role has changed the end product from the caliber of performance when I was younger. They had tap dancers for step in time - and both Mary & Bert were harnessed and Mary flew and Bert danced up the walls! A very fun night was had by all. The end.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So last night I took the kids to see a junior high school production of Mary Poppins. I went into it thinking I was going as a favor - since my mom wanted to go she bought 6 tickets and told us "we're going". I honestly couldn't believe this production was put on by 13, 14 & 15 year olds. These kids obviously have talent - but I think the ability to watch YouTube videos of performances incessantly in preparation for a role has changed the end product from the caliber of performance when I was younger. They had tap dancers for step in time - and both Mary & Bert were harnessed and Mary flew and Bert danced up the walls! A very fun night was had by all. The end.
Cool. I wonder how they managed to afford the flying. Cake sales just won't pay for stuff like that.

NYwdwfan

There's a Superman musical? Why come you didn't tell me about this earlier?

eek...just searched youtube...nevermind

This post is hilarious to me. The drama surrounding that show dominated the entertainment news up here for what seemed like FOREVER. It was awful in previews, they had to rewrite the whole thing, people got seriously injured in rehearsals and possibly even a performance. - and now it's gone.

I have no idea where a junior high school had the budget to get flying cables. They just went back and forth across the stage in the air but it was quite impressive nonetheless.

Oh and every time Bert sang Chim-chiminee it reminded me of that guy ChimneySweep49 that used to post here. He hasn't been around in a while.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This post is hilarious to me. The drama surrounding that show dominated the entertainment news up here for what seemed like FOREVER. It was awful in previews, they had to rewrite the whole thing, people got seriously injured in rehearsals and possibly even a performance. - and now it's gone.

I have no idea where a junior high school had the budget to get flying cables. They just went back and forth across the stage in the air but it was quite impressive nonetheless.

Oh and every time Bert sang Chim-chiminee it reminded me of that guy ChimneySweep49 that used to post here. He hasn't been around in a while.
Didn't that Chimney Sweep guy get banned for TOS violations or something like that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom