The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Detective @Gabe1 is hot on the case! :p I'll bet people were wondering why you were taking pix of candy packages o_O ;). I think it would have been even funnier, if you brought along an accomplice (your DD), who could provide crowd control: "O.k. Move along, folks. Nothing to see here." :hilarious: (I do think your hunch about seasonal novelties made outside the U.S. may have some validity, though. I started seeing the trend back at Halloween, through Christmas, Valentine's Day, and now with some of the Easter candy as well.) Case closed!

Ha! :happy:

Yeah the store was super empty at the time I was there so naturally you feel more conspicuous. :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Okay, I actually thought she was supposed to look that way.
Many African American women wear their hair very, very short, or shaved completely, and look absolutely stunning.

Here's some trivia - in Canada, black people prefer to be called Black. Very few recognize themselves as African Canadian, as most of our black population hail from the Caribbean (Jamaica, primarily), rather than from Africa.

I've never seen the First Lady look like that. :oops: She tends to always look 'put together' so my guess is she did look great in person or her people would have stepped in. Lighting, angles and photos tend to at times make anyone look odd. My first thought was she looked like a dude does with thinning hair with a bad comb over and that is obviously not the case. Actors/Models tend to know how to position themselves to avoid bad filming or photos.

StarWarsGirl

My first thought when I saw @StarWarsGirl95 pic was suspicious package type thing. In our World these days anything odd not attended tends to heighten awareness.
If there had been anything on it but empty containers, I would have reported it. But people leave their bags in seats all of the time here. Elevator...I'd be suspicious. It was just strange and random. Cart going for a joyride

Though honestly, I'm not worried about that kind of thing happening here. Second school? Yeah. I double check that my car doors are locked and that everything is out of sight over there. Here? No. Especially not at the other campus, which is in a rural area and is surrounded by private schools, churches, and farmland.

Cesar R M

Earthquake?! :jawdrop: Yikes. Hopefully, it was just a small tremor. (I did see on the 5 AM news this morning about a tornado in Oklahoma; Moore was one of the places hit, although they said it was nothing like the huge one of a few years ago, and at this early point, no injuries. Apparently, the tornado season has been slow to start this year. It would be nice if it just never arrived, period.)
kinda hard to see these events because all the attention of the major news sources.. are on the downed plane.

Cesar R M

Oy. I can't believe that co-pilot brought down that aircraft on purpose! :mad:
Agree, I wonder what the hell was he thinking?
reminds me of that other one who deliberately took the plane down (Indonesian?) because he was full of debt and had a serious addiction to misspend money(gambling as well).
but taking who knows how many innocent souls with him? WHAT THE HELL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom