Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

GiveMeTheMusic

jrh1985

An exciting high-energy nighttime parade.. coming very soon. Very exciting indeed :D

"The Disneyland Resort is seeking male parade performers with strong dancing skills for an exciting and high-energy nighttime parade that winds its way through the heart of Disneyland® Park."
http://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?aud_id=6445
Not the Parks Blog but.... That sure looks like a confirmation!!! Finally!!!!! That's all I wanted for now! The rest will come with time I'm sure.

Is PTN high energy? Or will DL have a different soundtrack?

mharrington

Here's the official rehab schedule for both parks, as of Dec. 16:
sfDlMmS.png

As you can see, Peter Pan is still off the list. Have they given up on that?

TP2000

I DUNNO DISNEY HASNT ANNOUNCED IT YET ARE U SURE

;)

Yeah, this isn't proof. Even though Al Lutz Miceage Updates have been talking about this new parade for a year, and trusty folks like yourself have been backing up that Miceage info, and now it's on the Disney audition calendar.

I won't believe it until there's a cheesy Disney Parks Blog post about it from a corporate and soulless cubicle drone typing propaganda 3,000 miles away in a Celebration, Florida business park. Only then will I believe!

Oh, heck, who am I kidding, Miceage convinced me a year ago. I'm looking forward to this parade! :D

TP2000

Here's the official rehab schedule for both parks, as of Dec. 16:
sfDlMmS.png

As you can see, Peter Pan is still off the list. Have they given up on that?

Fantastic list! Thank you very much for sharing it with us. Luigi's Flying Tires is also missing from that info. Perhaps Peter Pan and Luigi's begin after late January, as this list only seems to be the attractions who begin their refurbishments during December/January.

Two thoughts struck me:

1. A refurbishment calendar like this, with more to come in February thru May, would absolutely astound a WDW fan who only ever goes to WDW where annual refurbishments are very rare, and when they do happen they are often measured in days instead of weeks. Bravo to TDA for having the guts to keep up with regular refurbishments to keep the Anaheim parks sparkling and fresh year after year!

2. I know I'm a Disney Dork when one of the things I'm most excited about is seeing how they refurbished and changed the Boudin Bakery Tour. :rolleyes:

Sage of Time

I REALLY hope the parade isn't a lift from Hong Kong. That parade is nice, but far too much pop music and pixar. There need to be more MSEP in MSEP for it to really shine.

GiveMeTheMusic

I REALLY hope the parade isn't a lift from Hong Kong. That parade is nice, but far too much pop music and pixar. There need to be more MSEP in MSEP for it to really shine.

Well - this isn't the MSEP. DL's new parade will feature most if not all of the floats from Paint the Night, as well as several new ones. At one time, HKDL and DL were set to get individual, separate light parades but DL drug its feet after some creative problems arose. By the time DL decided to get serious about a new light parade for the 60th, the option that made the most sense was cloning Paint the Night and adding onto it. MiceAge was indeed correct when they reported that our version will not have show stops like HKDL's.

On the note of music, MSEP was created using the most cutting edge electronic synth music available at the time. Paint the Night did the same thing by creating a soundtrack using the most current electronic sound available, and personally, I think the soundtrack knocks it out of the park. The soundtrack will be different for DL's show as there will be other units involved, but from what I understand it will use most of the Paint the Night soundtrack as its basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom