The Spirited Back Nine ...

draybook

Personally, I think WDW and Uni do a poor job decorating for Christmas (or is it "Winter Holidays"?). And the decorations have just gotten more limited at WDW over the years.

In fact, the best Orlando park for Xmas decorations and entertainment is SeaWorld, which has numerous seasonal shows available to day guests.

I dunno, Seussland during Christmas is pretty nice.

Nemo14

Personally, I think WDW and Uni do a poor job decorating for Christmas (or is it "Winter Holidays"?). And the decorations have just gotten more limited at WDW over the years.

In fact, the best Orlando park for Xmas decorations and entertainment is SeaWorld, which has numerous seasonal shows available to day guests.
I totally agree! There are decorations and music throughout the park.
But the best park for Christmas spirit is definitely Dollywood. Shows are great, lights and music everywhere, and just lots of good spirit there.

Goofyernmost

Ahhhhh my old ( not your age...) Goofyernmost, how did I know this was coming? Of course I am reacting to my own imagination. Isnt that what we do here? You are a smart guy so I wont even drop the "its a discussion board" on you. I would say its three things. My imagination, the information which was given to us by 74 and what WDW history has happened. Its no secret I don't have a positive POV where it comes to TDO.....you do. That's fine.

Financially or practically? isn't that a summation also? You seem to take it at face value. I am not buying it. There are many attractions and entertainment that you can not link a financial statement to as being worthy of existing. Come on we all have had this discussion before. Now the studio at the park may have not been a profitable studio but it was a part of the experience as you mentioned.

I am not cursing them because they are doing something. Trust me I want to applaud them. I want to love what they are doing. Carnival rides under ANY circumstance is not OK with me. Ok with you? That's fine, agree to disagree.

There were those that were OK with the Carnival rides if they were "well themed" . Do you want me to name names?

side bar: Seems the PML is living up to their well deserved reputation. If someone who reads and participates in a Spirited thread they are considered to have contracted the "Spirited virus".

The information given to us by Spirit? What pray tell is that information other then vague references to things that we pretty much already knew were happening. The degradation of an attraction because it appears to be a carnival attraction is just plan nonsense especially when you consider how many of those attractions not only have been in Disney Parks, but are legends of Disney Parks. Also, Spirit made absolutely no identifying comments concerning what they might be or, for that matter, if he was talking about DHS or Universal.

Also, yes this is a discussion forum. But if you are going to discuss something make sure you say that it is your opinion and not necessarily fact. When you say it burns you, What burns you? Something that doesn't even exist and hasn't happened yet. Your going to break a leg, jumping to conclusions like that. You may be right, and what they deliver may be crap. But, you have nothing, at this point, to be burned about except your own thought patterns.

I'm sure that you can see the difference between an attraction and an entire park purposing. When Disney/MGM started it was a working studio and that was the absolute essence of the park. The financial and practical I was referring to was that concept that they could maintain complete working studios on both coasts and be able to make a profit for the park. Obviously they could not and you think that they should continue to throw money at something just to satisfy a alleged craving just to maintain that essence. We all like to think that Disney exists just to make us giddy, but, even in Walt's time that wasn't the case. In Walt's time if something wasn't working it was gone a whole lot faster then is happening now.

Until just a few minutes ago, I had never heard of PML. Now that I know what it is, I am even more puzzled by that statement. In other words, I don't have a clue what you are attempting to say. What reputation? Living up to what? Seriously, I really don't have even the foggiest idea what is being implied.

lazyboy97o

Absolutely, I am shocked they would go through all the effort to move it such a small distance. It's not like it really opens up a ton of space. Wouldn't if have been easier to just build the new Alice stuff beside Space Mountain instead? I assume and hope it gets a major overhaul and update to the 20th century as a result.

Certainly gives a little bit more credence to @RSoxNo1 eternal wish of moving IASW to Epcot. It's actually a less ridiculous proposition than a 5th gate now.
It is sort of curious. You would think moving a restaurant would be easier than moving an attraction. I really hope they don't go the Where's Waldo? route with the rebuilt attraction.

Animaniac93-98

It is sort of curious. You would think moving a restaurant would be easier than moving an attraction. I really hope they don't go the Where's Waldo? route with the rebuilt attraction.

I was just about to post this and then I remembered the teacups as well.

Still, moving both would be simpler than relocating a major boat ride, and they're already moving Dumbo.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Absolutely, I am shocked they would go through all the effort to move it such a small distance. It's not like it really opens up a ton of space. Wouldn't if have been easier to just build the new Alice stuff beside Space Mountain instead? I assume and hope it gets a major overhaul and update to the 20th century as a result.

Certainly gives a little bit more credence to @RSoxNo1 eternal wish of moving IASW to Epcot. It's actually a less ridiculous proposition than a 5th gate now.
You mean someone else thinks moving it's a small world to further expand Fantasyland is a good idea? And those people run the best Disney resort on the planet? I'm shocked.

FigmentJedi

Absolutely, I am shocked they would go through all the effort to move it such a small distance. It's not like it really opens up a ton of space. Wouldn't if have been easier to just build the new Alice stuff beside Space Mountain instead?
No, because then the Alice ride wouldn't be anchored by the existing Alice Restaurant.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I totally agree! There are decorations and music throughout the park.
But the best park for Christmas spirit is definitely Dollywood. Shows are great, lights and music everywhere, and just lots of good spirit there.

Have to agree with that - Dollywood at Christmas is amazing, Once again it's a small business operated for the dual goals of having a great show and providing employment for Dolly's hometown people because of that the staff CARES about their guests and you can FEEL that vibe when visiting.

asianway

I believe you. I just don't trust the current powers that be over at whatever passes for Imagineering these days. Safe could mean that the basic structure will still stand but the inside will be turned into well..what they did to Imagination over in Epcot.
If you're going to gut GMR you may as well level the building. It's placement in the park is one of the biggest problems there in terms of making it "feel" like a Disney park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom