The Spirited Back Nine ...

BrianLo

If a Monsters Inc. door coaster was included and TSPL was swapped out for Bug's Land, I might be a little more excited.

I'm curious why a Bug's Land excites you over TSPL? They aren't even close in my books, the former is aimed squarely at Toddlers. TSPL has a much broader offering, is more kinetic and vibrant by far. Bugs Land is also disconnected from the main attraction (the film in Animal Kingdom) and based on likely Pixar's most forgotten franchise at this point.

Lee

Adventurer
I wouldn't say Gringotts is mediocre at all. You want a mediocre ride at Universal? Look no further than Dr. Doom's Fear Fall.
And Storm Force, a ride completely unworthy of being in such a great park.

As for Gringotts being mediocre....not for me. It's firmly my second favorite ride at that resort, behind Forbidden Journey.
Yes, I like it better than Spiderman.

BrerJon

I'm curious why a Bug's Land excites you over TSPL? They aren't even close in my books, the former is aimed squarely at Toddlers. TSPL has a much broader offering, is more kinetic and vibrant by far. Bugs Land is also disconnected from the main attraction (the film in Animal Kingdom) and based on likely Pixar's most forgotten franchise at this point.

I can see RC Racer having enormous lines if they built one in DHS, and not just from people with kids.

BrianLo

If only TWDC was like OLC this says they are investing another 4.5 billion in their parks through 2023

http://asia.nikkei.com/Life-Arts/Life/Frozen-attraction-to-open-at-Tokyo-Disney-Resort

About time! Tokyo, while keeping on top of entertainment refreshes and running on a lot of goodwill, has been pretty lax this decade with new attractions.

Small World moving to Disney Sea though......? That sounds like the eternal fanboi dream of moving it to Epcot.

It is however consistent with height test balloons from the Spring, which never quite made sense to me as there is no real space there without ripping out an attraction. Splash, Haunted Mansion and Pooh are clearly not going anywhere anytime soon, so Small World + Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall makes sense.

Last edited:

BrerJon

If only TWDC was like OLC this says they are investing another 4.5 billion in their parks through 2023

http://asia.nikkei.com/Life-Arts/Life/Frozen-attraction-to-open-at-Tokyo-Disney-Resort

Because there's one thing the Tokyo parks were in need of it was more investment and quality attractions.

TWDC should read that and feel thoroughly ashamed at the pathetic levels of investment in the American parks. While some are getting excited by the prospect of DHS getting 2 billion over 10 years, the end result will likely be nowhere near as amazing as the parks we would already have if investment been consistent since the 90s, and if people who knew theme parks had been put in charge of the theme parks.

Rteetz

About time! Tokyo, while keeping on top of entertainment refreshes and running on a lot of goodwill, has been pretty lax this decade with new attractions.

Small World moving to Disney Sea though......? That sounds like the eternal fanboi dream of moving it to Epcot.

It is however consistent with height test balloons from the Spring, which never quite made sense to me as there is no real space there without ripping out an attraction. Splash, Haunted Mansion and Pooh are clearly not going anywhere anytime soon, so Small World + Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall makes sense.
I also read that they are supposed to have an announcement within the next day regarding a new project but that was on Twitter so now entirely sure how reliable that it.

NowInc

Agree with Spirit on this past week being awesome weather for Orlando park visits...as long as you weren't taking pictures. No clouds = no depth.

I don't see a retheme for RnR coming any time soon (even if the preshow will turn seriously morbid once one of them dies in real life), even if its to make it a Guardians Rocket-Roller coaster. No...I think Marvel will be added in far better ways..especially after the phase 3 movies are all out and more and more characters are at their disposal to be used in FL parks.

I said in the BaH thread about us not seeing the last of it. It being moved is a likely scenario...which could maintain it as the park icon instead of going back to the earfull tower. Putting a giant hat at the entrance would be an icon. At least i've heard it mentioned once or twice (although not recently)

So many rumors have been going on about GmR, but no one has been able to provide any information hinting at a change. Personally, I see it as safe, but in serious need of updating. The show building is HUGE, so I can understand why many would assume its prime for repurposing.

Heard a faint (and likely untrue) whisper of bi-coastal tie ins with regards to SW land (ie: FL gets tattoine and Cali gets coruscant) with Star tours being a themed "portal" between them (obviously not literally). Cool idea if true, but armchair imagineering, me thinks.

Uni does get complaints regarding DA. One ride (plus one you can only ride if you park hop) and tons of shops does not a full expansion make in the eyes of some guests...as impressive the land may look. This doesn't make it a BAD expansion by any means, but to assume its perfect or that everyone loves it is sadly untrue.

Makes me sad to hear that budgets are getting cut on that side of I-4. Things were just getting interesting...especially if you realize that the competition was a factor in some of the improvements we are seeing at WDW.

Final note from me: I miss the days when things like "The kiss goodnight" weren't well known. This past week, thanks to internet popularity, it has been pretty well attended (as much as 50 the other night). Seems less magical to me in a way when so many are there pretending to know some sort of obscure "secret".

BrerJon

I read the article as saying Frozen may end up in DisneySea, instead of replacing IASW.

My main takeaway from that article was that past attractions cost up to 20B Yen, that's less than 200M. So a $4B overhaul at those prices could cover at least 20 attractions, halve that to be more realistic and that still gives the possibility of 10 major rides over the next decade. I wonder how many Orlando will get in that time?

And as for the amazing Frozen ride... oh dear, this is Pooh's Hunny Hunt/Mr Toad again, isn't it? Tokyo will get an amazing ride while WDW closes a much loved classic ride to build a cheap-assed knockoff with the budgets slashed at every turn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom