Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A few thoughts...before we start uncorking champagne that the BAH is leaving...the reason Disney stated for putting in where it was put has not changed. MGM and Disney still do not have a close relationship and MGM is not going to just let Disney use the theater as the center piece of the park. I think we will be walking down Hollywood BLVD looking at something other than the theater ...which probably means the end of the GMR.

I have also been thinking that Star Wars Weekend might not be in DHS this May, with so much of the park closed for construction and such, they will not have the space to do all the activities they have done in the past. I wonder if they would move SWW to EPCOT or MK for a year or two until they have made some progress on the park to be formerly known as HS. I do not believe they have announced SWW dates, so this might be something to keep an eye on.

MGM has no rights to the theater, and the idea that the hat was put there for legal reasons has been long de-bunked.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO, they should use this statue as a basis of a new Walt model, placing him in the hub in perfect position as if he is directing Mickey, who happens to be atop the Crossroads of the World.
View attachment 71352

That would be great...Would love Oswald in it standing next to him...But, that's just me...
9f999d35f5f1980badb17c1dddc0d8c1.jpg

PhotoDave219

A few thoughts...before we start uncorking champagne that the BAH is leaving...the reason Disney stated for putting in where it was put has not changed. MGM and Disney still do not have a close relationship and MGM is not going to just let Disney use the theater as the center piece of the park. I think we will be walking down Hollywood BLVD looking at something other than the theater ...which probably means the end of the GMR.

I have also been thinking that Star Wars Weekend might not be in DHS this May, with so much of the park closed for construction and such, they will not have the space to do all the activities they have done in the past. I wonder if they would move SWW to EPCOT or MK for a year or two until they have made some progress on the park to be formerly known as HS. I do not believe they have announced SWW dates, so this might be something to keep an eye on.

I checked on GMR. I've been told not to worry about it.

zarpman

One would think that if the Chinese Theater were being removed, the hat would have stuck around a bit longer to hide construction.

Now the attraction inside is anyone's guess...

ProfSavage

i hate this. i love the hat! it has been there since i started going to disney. now i'm twenty and it's just gonna be gone?! that's like taking away cinderella's castle or the tree of life!

Plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose.

First thing I see on Facebook is the Hat on the trending area. I'm very pleased and surprised by this. I'm not sure people who grew up with the hat will feel though...

Look at the post above you...

redshoesrock

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if the Uni/Disney contract does indeed say something to the effect of, "If 'Character X' was ever a member of The Avengers, they cannot appear in an American Disney park east of the Mississippi", then Guardians of the Galaxy will never appear in Disney World. The GotG were made honorary members of The Avengers in the late 1970's. Now if Disney really wants a GotG attraction at WDW, I'm sure they've considered lawyering-up by saying, "But they were only 'honorary members', not 'real members'!" I don't know if it's worth the cost, but just sayin'.

Oh, and here's my source: Marvel's official list of every superhero who has ever, at one time or another, been a member of The Avengers: http://marvel.com/universe/Avengers

Relevant quote from the page: "the group attracted associates such as the aging speedster Whizzer, Wonder Man, the robotic Jocasta, the time-spanning 31st century Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ms. Marvel (later Warbird), all of whom helped the team oppose the mad man-god Korvac and his wife Carina."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom