The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Cesar R M

Darth Vader is Luke's father.
k4zDfiD.jpg

AEfx

FWIW, I think it has more to do with the wide number of Android devices the team has to ensure compatibility with rather than the time it takes for Google to approve the update for the Play Store. I just upgraded from an old phone I had the MDE app on since inception to the LG G3 (and also bought an LG G Pad tablet to complement), and I cannot install the MDE app. Disney Parks App Support said that due to the wide variety of devices, screen sizes and resolutions on the Android platform, it's a "comprehensive process" to make the app available on "large screen phones" and tablets.

This is one place where Disney really doesn't have a lot of control and they are really being honest. Android phones by and large have somewhat unique OS implementations that you are dependent upon the manufacturer of the phone to customize to be compatable for your phone, and they aren't really eager to do it. They aren't going to pay folks to create installs to support every older model of phone (even if that phone is perfectly technically capable of running it) so you are often stuck with few OS updates.

That's the Achilles heel of Android. Just like the walled garden is Apple's. That's why neither is really an ideal solution - it comes down to what devil you can deal with the easiest.

71jason

So kids, back onto the topic of theme park social media ...

On a competing forum, a contibutor to a defunct lifestyler/rumor site posted how he was confronted at Universal and kicked out for his association with it. (Shortly after they posted rumors of Star Trek coming to US, for what it's worth.) The ban was lifted when the site was taken down.

Interesting anecdote, and raised all kinds of red flags for me. This isn't the first time* I've heard UNI has a team of G Gordon Liddy like "plumbers" who take what I can only describe as an unhealthy interest of social media bloggers/Tweeters/posters. It's troubling on many levels to me--they're pushing around teen kids in some cases, but do they pull the same sort of thing with the Sentinel? If Seth Kubyerski put out the real reason Bayou of Blood show was killed, would he continue to get such good access? Really, I'm not sure Celebration Avenue is the most corrupt game in town right now.

*The first time guy occasionally posts on here; won't out him, but if he wants to share I think his story is even more interesting.

Nemo14

On a competing forum, a contibutor to a defunct lifestyler/rumor site posted how he was confronted at Universal and kicked out for his association with it. (Shortly after they posted rumors of Star Trek coming to US, for what it's worth.) The ban was lifted when the site was taken down.

Interesting anecdote, and raised all kinds of red flags for me. This isn't the first time* I've heard UNI has a team of G Gordon Liddy like "plumbers" who take what I can only describe as an unhealthy interest of social media bloggers/Tweeters/posters. It's troubling on many levels to me--they're pushing around teen kids in some cases, but do they pull the same sort of thing with the Sentinel? If Seth Kubyerski put out the real reason Bayou of Blood show was killed, would he continue to get such good access? Really, I'm not sure Celebration Avenue is the most corrupt game in town right now.

*The first time guy occasionally posts on here; won't out him, but if he wants to share I think his story is even more interesting.

That's so wrong on so many levels...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Simply protecting their IP - Our legal system makes this kind of heavyhandedness necessary, Because if they do not there are legal pathways to say they have 'abandoned' their IP.

Disneyhead'71

I have been confronted and my camera inspected to make sure there were no construction shots. There were. They made me delete them and within 24 hours BriMan and I rented a chopper and posted about a thousand high res "over the wall" shots of Potter 1.0. They have also strong armed a friend of mine for info. They do seem to have backed off of the in park stuff and focusing more on insider info. But to be honest, their shop has been leaking like a sieve.

Last edited:

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
A quick question, Disney Cruise Lines, which is the best ship going out of Port Canaveral? I've got my three year old coming and a trip to WDW as part of a winter holiday is not looking like the place I want to visit anymore, which is sad.

While I have enjoyed all 4 ships over the years, (2 ships many times) I would say they all have great features and differences. The newer ships, however, have won me over. Regardless of what ship you board, (Disney or any other) be even more mindful of hygiene issues. There is nothing worse than a 2 or 3 year old with Norovirus and a stay at the hospital post cruise. Hand sanitation is über critical and splash pads on the ships have their own issues.

Have a great time on the boat....

*1023*

asianway

Simply protecting their IP - Our legal system makes this kind of heavyhandedness necessary, Because if they do not there are legal pathways to say they have 'abandoned' their IP.
Not sure of the whole story there but Disney doesn't do enough to shut down the bloggers running tours, selling band covers, reposting hub info and web scraping of wait times, open reservations for profit. The latest was classic icon pennants. Good grief who is buying this crap it's a whole underground economy. A few trespasses should get people to know where the line is and not to cross it but right now it's a free for all

asianway

That's not IP. Like it or not, it's legit corporate news. Even if it is reported by teenagers.
IF there was credibility to the rumor and IF a connection could be established to someone under an NDA and this person then it falls under proprietary info and you could even be getting into insider trading stuff. By all means trespass.

I doubt that's the case here as you are an expert. By themselves fan boy wet dreams shouldn't be grounds for hassling a teen.

Cesar R M

While I have enjoyed all 4 ships over the years, (2 ships many times) I would say they all have great features and differences. The newer ships, however, have won me over. Regardless of what ship you board, (Disney or any other) be even more mindful of hygiene issues. There is nothing worse than a 2 or 3 year old with Norovirus and a stay at the hospital post cruise. Hand sanitation is über critical and splash pads on the ships have their own issues.

Have a great time on the boat....

*1023*

I wonder, if the Ebola thing gets serious... would the Cruise industry get a hit and reduce prices?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Thursday Musings:

I bash Big Business a lot, but some (very few, but some) CEOs actually do care about their consumers and will reach right out to them. In hospitality and travel sectors, I have found two things this week: USAir (which also means the 'New American') absolutely views you as cattle and themselves as the butcher (see premiere of Season 5 of The Walking Dead if you don't get the reference), while La Quinta (a budget chain that I have used maybe four times in my entire life) actually cares about their product, their guests and feedback (of any kind).

Just back from the local Starbucks where a lawyer was sitting behind us and had UNI receipts in his hands, a client at a table and was emailing ...

(EDITED FOR YOUR PROTECTION --)

Speaking of which, you are really scraping the bottom of the toilet for material when you decide to go for a 'mythical fifth gate' rumour. Seriously, it ain't happening. Not now. Not in the next decade. Very likely not ever. Sorry. You look stupid and desperate when you state otherwise.

Anyone know if Georgie K was at the groundbreaking at Flamingo Crossing today? If not, who was the highest level Disney rep on site?

No, I don't read a thing into Soup & Salad Sandra's story here: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/us-world/ about the owner of these franchises Marriott suite hotels wanting to have seven total on site. The guy simply feels that he can corner a market (one that doesn't exist, but is an easy enough sell) there because no one else (and that covers well ... a whole lot of folks) has had any interest in a project that was announced in 2007. In case you didn't notice, we're 2.5 months away from 2015 now.

Speaking of calendars, fall officially arrived in SoFla at the Spirit Cave in the early hours of today (Oct. 16th). It's so beautiful outside that it almost reminds me of California. Almost. The humidity and highs close to 90 aren't due back until Sunday.

This Ebola Hysteria is absurd, totally. I saw a headline that said schools in Cleveland and Dallas were closed today. ?!?! Seriously, how many people have died of the flu this month in the USA? How many have died of simply not getting adequate medical care (don't tell anyone in Texas, but we aren't in the Top 10 of medical care in our wittle capitalist society here!)? ... One thing that is abundantly clear, though, and that is if a real crisis happens from ebola to terrorism to natural disaster, we are not at all prepared and chaos and anarchy will rule. Sorry, that's just reality. ... To see how totally unprepared for an ebola patient this hospital was and to see that workers who came in contact weren't prohibited from getting on a commercial airliner, speaks volumes. ... I am sure heads will roll as surely as Wall Street bankers went to jail after our economic collapse.

So, yeah, those oil companies are really panicking at the thought of gas being under $3 a gallon for most of the country come November.

Don't know if you saw, but Alain over at Disney and More had a long report on the future plans for Euro Disney/DLP and they are dead accurate (and much of what I have told you before). Not saying they are all going to happen, but there currently are more long-term plans for DLP than there are for WDW. Take that for what it is worth. BTW, when will the Twit fanbois get it through their thick skulls that this has always been the plan, that DLP has never been in danger of shutting down?

So, someone sent a note saying MM+ was ''dead in the water again'' and I see a thread about it, so I guess we crash together again. MAGICal.

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, I see the new BW eatery has a menu out. Nothing like $20-something pasta dishes when Il Mulino is a short walk away (if you haven't eaten here and you like Italian food and visit WDW regularly, then shame on you!)

And nice to see Disney thinks that pizzas that serve one are now worth an average of $18-19 a piece. Nah, that's real world pricing (maybe in 4-5 of the biggest cities in the USA).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom