Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOXOMUMD

They do. The ESB one is signed by all the major stars of that movie. The RotJ one is signed by David Prowes. I was just curious to know.
:confused: Unless you purposely chose not to take a pic of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher or James Earl Jones autograph to post here, your ESB poster was absolutely NOT signed by all the major stars of The Empire Strikes Back.

PeterAlt

Not to forget he has the tendency of writing nosense in the middle of a conversation.
I've seen him, randomly jumping during a conversation in the spirited threads with nothing relevant.
Sometimes with completely unwarranted derailings with links his own posts or threads elsewhere.
This does not do good on him.
It makes people ANNOYED AT HIM for his "hey look at me!" type posts.

so Peter, a tip for you.
You really need to learn what is relevant to the thread and what not.
Posting links that have little to do with the conversation and adding text or lines that completely ignores the conversation.. will only get people angry at you. DO NOT DO IT.
I do appreciate the constructive criticism.

Honestly, if you read the style of my posts from 10 years ago, you will see I was very serious and even researched my material to make sure I had all my facts right. I was highly respected by everyone.

Then, a few years ago, I began my monorail threads and unexpectedly encountered the circus of all those detractors for the first time. It drained me. Then, I just stopped being serious all together (my way of dealing with them). My attitude was, hey, if I'm being disrespected, don't sweat it; play along. Then, I got rebellious and wanted to just disappear. Now, I just speak my mind. Some will like what I say and some won't. I used to be very concerned about that and went out of my way to make sure everyone liked everything I had to write about. Now, I just don't care. I write for me and anyone who wants to read it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You're right. Guilty as charged. But I've been conscious about that recently and have a handle on it now. I think I do, any way.

Based upon my own experiences in life, if I'm trying to change a situation, I just take it one step at a time. As long as you keep trying, this issue will eventually cease to exist. Another thought might be to utilize those little (emoticons?) faces, etc., that are available for us to use on our posts. So if you're kidding or being silly about something, just add a little smiley face and no one will be confused. Like this—:)

PeterAlt

:confused: Unless you purposely chose not to take a pic of Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher or James Earl Jones autograph to post here, your ESB poster was absolutely NOT signed by all the major stars of The Empire Strikes Back.
I thought I took a closeup pic of all the signatures? I don't care any more. I was interested in this yesterday.

donaldtoo

Oh Dear. I'm afraid to see what has happened now so maybe it is time to make dinner and not read on.

Me, I've never put anyone on ignore (yet) but I can and do just scroll through a dozen or so members posts that tend to rub me the wrong way on a regular basis, rather than fight or challenge the same members every time they post something, it comes off as stalker-ish.

You are correct sir, it can go from a healthy difference of opinion on a topic to cyber bullying along with trolling quickly. But I do have respect for that ignore button. One would think if any member takes up that much energy and requires anyone's constant attention the Ignore button would be a great alternative because one member can be annoying and the other becomes the bully, who needs it...scroll or ignore.

I have no need to put anyone on "ignore".
I'm capable of just, quite simply, ignoring them. :)

donaldtoo

I will miss Off Kilter and a few of the other Entertainers that have now left us, just like I missed Elliott when he left the FQ and would miss Bob at POR. Many are very distraught, I'm not quite at that level. I tend to be sadder when Disney messes with attractions and theming over switching entertainment but admittedly that is a personal spin, my own likes and dislikes.

I understand where Disney was coming from when they made this decision to remove the popular bands. They had a nice cult following with the local guests which was peacefully colliding with the tourist guest. The bands outgrew their original intent of guests stopping for a few minutes enjoying a song or two and moving on. The nightly and especially weekends, volumes of guests staking ground for hours became an issue for Disney logistically and with illuminations. It is a fine tribute to the bands that they became so beloved to draw this many locals so many times a week. Hopefully the bands will find gigs elsewhere given their talent and their loyal fans will still be able to enjoy their music. It will be odd for the bands not to be their in the evenings. I made a point of seeing both in April since the rumor had been floating long before it was announced. The Lumberjacks will be a very different type of entertainment but I enjoy humor so it is likely to be a cute addition, just very different.

My DS comment that I took to heart was Fans are always saying that Epcot is Stale and needs to be refreshed with new things and when Disney does this they are scorned. He was speaking to me about Frozen and then went onto the bands. I'm more annoyed with the Frozen in that venue than the balance of changes but that is more to theming that missing the previous attraction that Frozen will replace and my concerns of the venue being to small for all Disney wishes to squish in Norway.

Blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes: Tell DS to quit spouting The Company line. ;) Remember, I worked for TWDC for 4+ years myself... :bored:

PeterAlt

Sorry if I'm sounding snarky today but I came on here after being off all day ready to talk about whatever is on today's menu of topics and I'm deluged in drama over a post I wrote yestrrday, discussed yesterday, and had reached a satisfying conclusion to yesterday. My head hurts. Some people love drama because of all the gossip the comes with it. Personally, I hate drama. I hate gossip. I hate judging. I hate second guessing. I hate looking for fault. It's childish and it's unfair to whomever you talk about. Always assume the person has the best at heart with the best intentions, especially if the person isn't there to clarify things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom