Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yah, the new entertainment will be a switch, alright . . . I hope you like their replacement. As for me, I'm completely distraught over the loss of Off Kilter. :(

I will miss Off Kilter and a few of the other Entertainers that have now left us, just like I missed Elliott when he left the FQ and would miss Bob at POR. Many are very distraught, I'm not quite at that level. I tend to be sadder when Disney messes with attractions and theming over switching entertainment but admittedly that is a personal spin, my own likes and dislikes.

I understand where Disney was coming from when they made this decision to remove the popular bands. They had a nice cult following with the local guests which was peacefully colliding with the tourist guest. The bands outgrew their original intent of guests stopping for a few minutes enjoying a song or two and moving on. The nightly and especially weekends, volumes of guests staking ground for hours became an issue for Disney logistically and with illuminations. It is a fine tribute to the bands that they became so beloved to draw this many locals so many times a week. Hopefully the bands will find gigs elsewhere given their talent and their loyal fans will still be able to enjoy their music. It will be odd for the bands not to be their in the evenings. I made a point of seeing both in April since the rumor had been floating long before it was announced. The Lumberjacks will be a very different type of entertainment but I enjoy humor so it is likely to be a cute addition, just very different.

My DS comment that I took to heart was Fans are always saying that Epcot is Stale and needs to be refreshed with new things and when Disney does this they are scorned. He was speaking to me about Frozen and then went onto the bands. I'm more annoyed with the Frozen in that venue than the balance of changes but that is more to theming that missing the previous attraction that Frozen will replace and my concerns of the venue being to small for all Disney wishes to squish in Norway.

MOXOMUMD

I need a nice vacation. Apply for jobs...blah. People think its a vacation but its really not.

I hate the question: 'what have you been since you're not working."

I feel like saying: "what do you think I've been doing. Dancing naked and boozing it up."
I understand the need to ask some applicants that question but I always wanted to answer "Watching tv and eating bonbons". :rolleyes:

MOXOMUMD

I will miss Off Kilter and a few of the other Entertainers that have now left us, just like I missed Elliott when he left the FQ and would miss Bob at POR. Many are very distraught, I'm not quite at that level. I tend to be sadder when Disney messes with attractions and theming over switching entertainment but admittedly that is a personal spin, my own likes and dislikes.

I understand where Disney was coming from when they made this decision to remove the popular bands. They had a nice cult following with the local guests which was peacefully colliding with the tourist guest. The bands outgrew their original intent of guests stopping for a few minutes enjoying a song or two and moving on. The nightly and especially weekends, volumes of guests staking ground for hours became an issue for Disney logistically and with illuminations. It is a fine tribute to the bands that they became so beloved to draw this many locals so many times a week. Hopefully the bands will find gigs elsewhere given their talent and their loyal fans will still be able to enjoy their music. It will be odd for the bands not to be their in the evenings. I made a point of seeing both in April since the rumor had been floating long before it was announced. The Lumberjacks will be a very different type of entertainment but I enjoy humor so it is likely to be a cute addition, just very different.

My DS comment that I took to heart was Fans are always saying that Epcot is Stale and needs to be refreshed with new things and when Disney does this they are scorned. He was speaking to me about Frozen and then went onto the bands. I'm more annoyed with the Frozen in that venue than the balance of changes but that is more to theming that missing the previous attraction that Frozen will replace and my concerns of the venue being to small for all Disney wishes to squish in Norway.
The thought of the masses waiting in that former Maelstrom queue is scary.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Careful you two. You are skirting the envelope of being reported as cyber bully's.

Oh Dear. I'm afraid to see what has happened now so maybe it is time to make dinner and not read on.

Me, I've never put anyone on ignore (yet) but I can and do just scroll through a dozen or so members posts that tend to rub me the wrong way on a regular basis, rather than fight or challenge the same members every time they post something, it comes off as stalker-ish.

You are correct sir, it can go from a healthy difference of opinion on a topic to cyber bullying along with trolling quickly. But I do have respect for that ignore button. One would think if any member takes up that much energy and requires anyone's constant attention the Ignore button would be a great alternative because one member can be annoying and the other becomes the bully, who needs it...scroll or ignore.

MOXOMUMD

Oh Dear. I'm afraid to see what has happened now so maybe it is time to make dinner and not read on.

Me, I've never put anyone on ignore (yet) but I can and do just scroll through a dozen or so members posts that tend to rub me the wrong way on a regular basis, rather than fight or challenge the same members every time they post something, it comes off as stalker-ish.

You are correct sir, it can go from a healthy difference of opinion on a topic to cyber bullying along with trolling quickly. But I do have respect for that ignore button. One would think if any member takes up that much energy and requires anyone's constant attention the Ignore button would be a great alternative because one member can be annoying and the other becomes the bully, who needs it...scroll or ignore.
@Goofyernmost wasn't being serious.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ahhh, yes. I remember these babies... :)

3671__Antenna.jpg

I always wondered if those things attracted lightning strikes? (If I'm wrong, don't laugh, I'm not a scientist, so I assume my hunch is probably incorrect. It was just something I used to think about years ago, when I'd see these on people's roofs.)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I always wondered if those things attracted lightning strikes? (If I'm wrong, don't laugh, I'm not a scientist, so I assume my hunch is probably incorrect. It was just something I used to think about years ago, when I'd see these on people's roofs.)
They required a grounding rod with a large copper wire leading to it to dissipate a lightning strike. There are also other methods to keep the lightning from entering through the cable to your TV.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

That was well stated, and it helps that you know some of the "inside" backstory, about why some of these cuts were made. I guess I'm just ticked off with Disney about it; I loved quality, "live" entertainment and was particularly drawn (for years) to Off Kilter, Mo Rockin, Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps, and World Showcase Players. To me, these were a major part of the festive atmosphere of Epcot. Even if the intention was not to create a following of these performers, it did happen—so, I, and many others, are not happy about it.

There will be other seasoned visitors (as well as first-timers) who won't even notice these great acts are gone, and will embrace whatever performers replace them. Happy for them, I guess. I just won't be in the crowd anymore. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They required a grounding rod with a large copper wire leading to it to dissipate a lightning strike. There are also other methods to keep the lightning from entering through the cable to your TV.

Thank you! In a (funny) way, you remind me of "The Professor" on Gilligan's Island. The Professor knew everything, and he was a genius! You're kinda like our Professor on the WDW Magic forums! ;) :happy: :happy: :joyfull:

PeterAlt

I mean this with respect, but you've admitted that some of your posts were written as jokes or your own musings that go way to deep that you are the only one to understand them and then apologize for the oddness of your content. How can you be taken seriously when a majority of the forum know this is your pattern of posting?
As I said, I will follow-up and let everyone know I was kidding. I really don't have to because, when I'm joking, it's just funny and, if it made you laugh, it's a joke. To be on the safe side, in case people don't get it, I always now add the "I'm kidding" bit.

PeterAlt

Without documentation that they were actually "originals" they AREN'T worth thousands. The "Revenge" poster is one of the most faked ones out there. As for the autographs, they aren't really rare ones and not worth that much. David Prowess (I noticed you had that) charges $50 a signature. The other autographs you have are quite common guests at different events.

To make this worths "thousands" the would have to be documented originals from an expert with an autograqh collection of the big names--Ford, Hamill, Fisher, Jones.
They do. The ESB one is signed by all the major stars of that movie. The RotJ one is signed by David Prowes. I was just curious to know.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I need a nice vacation. Apply for jobs...blah. People think its a vacation but its really not.

I hate the question: 'what have you been since you're not working."

I feel like saying: "what do you think I've been doing. Dancing naked and boozing it up."

Yes, unemployment can be stressful. When I was unemployed years ago, it was very hard for me to relax, because I was always worried about money and surviving. You're right; it was far from a vacation, in the traditional sense of the word.

As for people asking the usual, "Anything (a new job) yet?" and, "What have you been doing since you're not working"—I think they just don't know exactly what to say. They want to start a conversation, but it comes across awkward. They don't mean to aggravate you; rather, they are more concerned about you.

I used to just roll with it, and I'd tell people that I'd let them know when I did find a job (that way, they wouldn't keep asking . . .). As for the people who'd want to know what I was doing (besides looking for jobs), I let them know that I had been figure skating at a college rink, a few times a week, and improved my skills! I'd also go to things like "free" days once a week, at local museums, discount days at the zoo, etc. Those were just a few examples, but I tried to balance out the angst of being unemployed, with other positive activities. It helped. :)

Note: If a prospective employer asked what I had been doing while laid off, I'd have a completely different spin to offer. I didn't mention the figure skating part! :happy:

Last edited:

PeterAlt

Not to forget he has the tendency of writing nosense in the middle of a conversation.
I've seen him, randomly jumping during a conversation in the spirited threads with nothing relevant.
Sometimes with completely unwarranted derailings with links his own posts or threads elsewhere.
This does not do good on him.
It makes people ANNOYED AT HIM for his "hey look at me!" type posts.

so Peter, a tip for you.
You really need to learn what is relevant to the thread and what not.
Posting links that have little to do with the conversation and adding text or lines that completely ignores the conversation.. will only get people angry at you. DO NOT DO IT.
You're right. Guilty as charged. But I've been conscious about that recently and have a handle on it now. I think I do, any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom