Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had one today too and then I checked my email to see 8 rejections waiting for me and the days not over yet.

I have an interview Wednesday. I'm debating to wear a suit or just a shirt/tie. Even though its part time and in Boston which means travel money......I would really really really love it and it's for one of the top companies in the world. OK, so maybe not top company. Fortune 250

May I offer a suggestion: wear the suit to the interview. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why is there no NHL 2014-2015 thread? :(

Although I'm not a fan of big team sports like the NHL, NFL or baseball, I am well aware that there are many sports fans who are also WDW Magic members. My guess is that if you start an NHL thread, people who enjoy hockey will join the conversation. Sometimes, too, new threads start a little slow, but then pick up momentum. I think you might be pleased with your results. :happy:

StarWarsGirl

I only have a gray MagicBand at home because I lost my original pink one at Blizzard Beach and they gave me gray at the front desk of my resort.
awkwardney2.gif
I nearly lost my pink MB on Space Mountain the first time we were using them. Thankfully I had two reservations and therefore two MBs, so even if I had lost it, it would have been fine. My brother nearly lost his as he was coming down the water slide at BLT. He nearly lost his mind when he lost it too. But thankfully he's got a wonderful sister who went searching for it and found it.

StarWarsGirl

I had one today too and then I checked my email to see 8 rejections waiting for me and the days not over yet.

I have an interview Wednesday. I'm debating to wear a suit or just a shirt/tie. Even though its part time and in Boston which means travel money......I would really really really love it and it's for one of the top companies in the world. OK, so maybe not top company. Fortune 250
Ugh, don't ya just love it? Before I got my internship at a Fortune 500 insurance company, I had such trouble getting jobs. I could not get a job at Pizza Hut.

Wear the suit. ;)

trr1

MAHATMA GANDHI, AS YOU KNOW, WALKED BAREFOOT MOST OF THE TIME, WHICH PRODUCED AN IMPRESSIVE SET OF CALLUSES ON HIS FEET. HE ALSO ATE VERY LITTLE, WHICH MADE HIM RATHER FRAIL AND, WITH HIS ODD DIET, HE SUFFERED FROM BAD BREATH.... THIS MADE HIM A SUPER CALLOUSED FRAGILE MYSTIC HEXED BY HALITOSIS.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I would agree, except I'm pretty sure we're going to have to do it again this trip.

I mean, what else is there to do? I can only ride RnRC and ToT so many times by myself.

Star Tours is fun, too. Don't forget about Walt Disney: One Man's Dream--I love that. Another favorite of mine is in the Walt Disney Animation Studios. I think it's either every 30 minutes, or on the hour--people sit a long drafting-style tables, and get to draw a Disney character, by following the CM artist at the front of the room, who guides you through it. You get to take your masterpiece home with you. :happy: If you go early to the park, you'll be in the first group to draw, with no waiting for this really fun drawing class!

Soarin' Over Pgh

@MinnieM123

I promised you Pics of my latest santas and things, so here you go :)

He has silver and gold highlights :)

Antiqued, with a lighter than normal stain. I hand mixed it to be lighter than the usual blend I use. I like the results. Will use it again!

Slightly blurry, sorry about that. These guys are tall and slender. I wish I had more, they were fun to paint.

My personal favorite. Antiqued, medium brown.

Antiqued, medium brown. His coat goes from light green to pine green but kinda got dulled by the antiquing stain. Shouldn't have used it on this one :/ too late now.

Punkin :)

Finally finished these two. Pardon the glare, they're super shiny!

Boo! The inside of the letters are glittery and the whole thing is outlined with glow in the dark paint :)

I have five more santas in the works and a handful of other things.

My hands hurt something fierce :/

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I nearly lost my pink MB on Space Mountain the first time we were using them. Thankfully I had two reservations and therefore two MBs, so even if I had lost it, it would have been fine. My brother nearly lost his as he was coming down the water slide at BLT. He nearly lost his mind when he lost it too. But thankfully he's got a wonderful sister who went searching for it and found it.

I think I am going to be a sucker and buy the limited edition MNSSHP magic band next week.

Soarin' Over Pgh

@JenniferS

I left the "new job" after 2.5 days.

Day one I learned the office staff, as the office manager put it, "don't give no effs bout these aye hole s---bags", referring to the patients.

Day one, the first patient I met was a heroin addict who just learned she was pregnant. Again. With number five.

Day one, patient came in so drunk he puked then passed out in the waiting room. Again, the office staff couldn't possibly care any less.

Day two, on my walk down to the office, I was harassed by a patient who grabbed me, called me a c--t, and threatened me.

Day two I was called a b---h no less than five times.

Day two, the office staff thought nothing of it.

Day three, I was cussed at by office staff, office manager, patients, and after sobbing so hard in the bathroom (pity party, table for one) I went back to my desk only to have a hep b+ patient throw a urine sample at my face. Thankfully, my desk was enclosed in glass (and now I know why) and five minutes later, purse in hand, barely touched iced coffee in the other, I walked out of those terrible doors and didn't look back.

I've never cried so hard over a job in my life.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
@JenniferS

Day one I learned the office staff, as the office manager put it, "don't give no effs bout these aye hole s---bags", referring to the patients.

Day one, the first patient I met was a heroin addict who just learned she was pregnant. Again. With number five.

Day one, patient came in so drunk he puked then passed out in the waiting room. Again, the office staff couldn't possibly care any less.

Day two, on my walk down to the office, I was harassed by a patient who grabbed me, called me a c--t, and threatened me.

Day three, I was cussed at by office staff, office manager, patients, and after sobbing so hard in the bathroom (pity party, table for one) I went back to my desk only to have a hep b+ patient throw a urine sample at my face. Thankfully, my desk was enclosed in glass (and now I know why) and five minutes later, purse in hand, barely touched iced coffee in the other, I walked out of those terrible doors and didn't look back.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry this happened to you! This makes me sad and angry at the same time. Just so wrong.. :(

FutureCEO

Ugh, don't ya just love it? Before I got my internship at a Fortune 500 insurance company, I had such trouble getting jobs. I could not get a job at Pizza Hut.

Wear the suit. ;)

Funny because I had an interview at Target and couldn't even get that. The lady is like you have a bachelor's, why do you want to work here?"

My first job was just staying where I work-studied in college. My second job was a step up but still in the horribleness of the food industry. Which I hated working with food but then I came to the fact that it was the job and my boss was Hitler.

So now almost 30 :arghh:, no where near where I want to be.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@JenniferS

Run, don't walk. Don't look back!

Some day, you'll look back and discover what lesson you learned, or what purpose was served by those 2 1/2 days in H*ll.

Should have shared with us.
A) We would have cried with you.
B) We would have had you out of there a full day earlier.

Hope things turn out better for you real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom