Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

As I had a boy and a girl as my kids aged up we either got two rooms or we stayed in the Contemporary as it had a Day Bed. Nobody wanted the roll away or a sofa bed. I have to say the Murphy Beds are a good solution to trundles, couch-beds or cots. Murphy at least has a real mattress, just like the daybeds do at Disney.
The newer sofa beds that they are putting in the DVC rooms have real mattresses. No bar across your back. The only location so far that they don't have them is BCV. My brother and I never shared a bed either. He gets an air mattress and is quite content with it. No way would my dad ever consider getting two rooms unless for some reason we need to stay at All Star for a night since those beds and rooms are smaller. The way I see it, we've put in all that money for the DVC (and my parents invested in it initially before they knew that they were going to have a second kid) so we may as well use it. And we could get a two bedroom (and quite often do in Hilton Head or Aulani) and my brother and I could have real beds...but the trip would be half the length. I'm quite fine on the sofa bed since it's pretty comfortable and since it means the trip is longer.

donaldtoo

Yes you are right. We had a lovely long Christmas vacation one year and that area was quite a memory maker.
By day it was still the full Backlot tour and by night the homes were the area of the Osborne Lights that moved through the NY Street and pretty much ended outside the Steamroller area with a nativity scene near the courtyard. It was nice that there was a gentle reminder of what Christmas was really about in the middle of all the magic of WDW.

My DS was only a toddler when he went through Catastrophe Cannon and already had this enormous fear of any form of fire so it was also filled with that learning curve for parents as it was a brand new park for us too and no forums to research and the tour books just outlined what was to be attractions vaguely. Good times back there on the lot.

When we rode the Backlot Tour, 'cause we knew it would go soon Walt's plane had 'Cars' eyeballs pasted on the front of the plane. I'm not sure why I took exception with that but it did rub me the wrong way. We took one last walk through the prop room too and the after museum. Way back the Backlot also had a show to demonstrate inside a warehouse how they used illusion in filming. We have pictures of my DH riding a bike on set during the show and my DS riding the bumble bee also during the show. Pretty much any connection to the park being a Studio is gone now and I'll miss that theming.

On our first family trip in '01 it was still completely intact and we all loved it. By our next trip in '04, they had already blocked off and torn down residential street to bring in the one-and-done stunt show. And yes, with the other things they've done to it since then, it's just a shell of it's former self. Sad.

donaldtoo

Yes!! I'd be tickled pink if you showed up at my open house!

And in my context, my one house means literally that... I'm opening my house to friends and family to see my crafts and buy if they're interested. I'm having cookies and tea, coffee, and hot chocolate (because why not, right?) and I'm so excited! I've never had one before and I've been cleaning like a madwoman the whole weekend.

I'll post some new Santa photos later, after I get home...today is job interview day. I had a fantastic one his morning (pretty sure the job is mine) and another this afternoon, both with well respected, huge companies...hope one of them pans out!

Best of luck with both the interviews AND the open house!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, it was weeks ago. I'm old. Get over it.

ETA - I added an iOS 8 smilie, but it didn't show up. Without it, my answer seems terse; which of course it was not.
So ... pretend there's a big old winkie smilie there.

Ha! I never got past the first paragraph and was like Wow, Miss Jennifer is cranky today.:eek: 45 minutes later I read the second paragraph.

donaldtoo

So I just had a really big, "No duh" moment. I have this project for my IT class on Big Data, which is essentially collecting and storing consumer information by large companies. We needed examples of companies that were implementing Big Data. Then it suddenly occurred to me that what Disney is doing with MyMagic+ is Big Data and would fit right in with my project. Why it didn't occur to me, ya know, last week when we were starting the project, is beyond me.

Hahaaa...!
The very first thing I thought of when I saw the words "Big Data" was Disney...!!! :joyfull: :)

MOXOMUMD

On our first family trip in '01 it was still completely intact and we all loved it. By our next trip in '04, they had already blocked off and torn down residential street to bring in the one-and-done stunt show. And yes, with the other things they've done to it since then, it's just a shell of it's former self. Sad.
LMA was one and done for us too.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The newer sofa beds that they are putting in the DVC rooms have real mattresses. No bar across your back. The only location so far that they don't have them is BCV. My brother and I never shared a bed either. He gets an air mattress and is quite content with it. No way would my dad ever consider getting two rooms unless for some reason we need to stay at All Star for a night since those beds and rooms are smaller. The way I see it, we've put in all that money for the DVC (and my parents invested in it initially before they knew that they were going to have a second kid) so we may as well use it. And we could get a two bedroom (and quite often do in Hilton Head or Aulani) and my brother and I could have real beds...but the trip would be half the length. I'm quite fine on the sofa bed since it's pretty comfortable and since it means the trip is longer.

I understand that, once your parents have invested that type of money in a DVC there is no going back. At this point even selling it is not wise as it is finally the profit era of the contract. Wonder what he will do when your brother is in a complete Mans body, that has to be coming up soon, that is when we ran into trouble. We weighed all this for years when deciding to buy in or not. We did many years ago rent points from owners and got all the perks without the need to make that commitment.

I am curious though, cause I do not understand the new sofa beds, do they not fold up into a sofa anymore?
Cause I know none of our real mattresses would fold or any of the mattresses that we slept on in resorts. Can't wrap my brain around what the system is for these new ones.

StarWarsGirl

I understand that, once your parents have invested that type of money in a DVC there is no going back. At this point even selling it is not wise as it is finally the profit era of the contract. Wonder what he will do when your brother is in a complete Mans body, that has to be coming up soon, that is when we ran into trouble. We weighed all this for years when deciding to buy in or not. We did many years ago rent points from owners and got all the perks without the need to make that commitment.

I am curious though, cause I do not understand the new sofa beds, do they not fold up into a sofa anymore?
Cause I know none of our real mattresses would fold or any of the mattresses that we slept on in resorts. Can't wrap my brain around what the system is for these new ones.
They fold up. The mattresses are just designed to fold up and still be comfortable. They are much thicker and nicer than older sofa beds.

And as he gets older, either A. I won't be going with them, so there will be more space B. They will get a one bedroom (many of them have sleep chairs that pull out like the sofa beds) which my dad has been talking about or C. we'll continue managing as we do now.

FutureCEO

Watching Craig Ferguson on his debut of his new game show Celebrity Name Game. Not bad, lots of explaining when new show is intro'd. Still seems way beneath him and step backwards.But if it turns to a hit like Wheel of Fortune it could be a great decision.

I can't wait to see what James Corden does with his late night show. Not that I watch late night but it would still be interesting. I only know him from Doctor Who so.

FutureCEO

today is job interview day. I had a fantastic one his morning (pretty sure the job is mine) and another this afternoon, both with well respected, huge companies...hope one of them pans out!

I had one today too and then I checked my email to see 8 rejections waiting for me and the days not over yet.

I have an interview Wednesday. I'm debating to wear a suit or just a shirt/tie. Even though its part time and in Boston which means travel money......I would really really really love it and it's for one of the top companies in the world. OK, so maybe not top company. Fortune 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom