Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

DinoInstitute

I also hope something is in the works to start soon. Closing it to start construction years from now would make absolutely no sense. 20,000 leagues all over again.
Completely agree, and while I would usually have no faith, it seems rather odd that they make the announcement 8 days away...they probably have something planned they want to go with. Plus, I would imagine it takes up some good capacity, but that I do not know

DinoInstitute

I could take a well done Pixar Land, but don't clone Radiator Springs. I'll go to CA if I want to see that. How about a full blown Monstropolis with a Monsters Inc door ride?
We all would like to see that. But we can't be picky, I would want anything at this point! Plus, not everyone can just go to CA

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would take Star Wars Land over Pixar expansion any day.

If I had to pick I'd probably go Star Wars, but I don't think it's going to be an either/or. A Pixar Place expansion is probably almost needed before they close a large section of the park for 3+ years to build SW land. Plus the added attendance from SW would overwhelm the rest of the park with its 6 rides. It makes sense to expand capacity first before a major upgrade that will draw huge crowds. Of course this assumes they actually have a plan and are looking a few steps ahead.

DinoInstitute

If I had to pick I'd probably go Star Wars, but I don't think it's going to be an either/or. A Pixar Place expansion is probably almost needed before they close a large section of the park for 3+ years to build SW land. Plus the added attendance from SW would overwhelm the rest of the park with its 6 rides. It makes sense to expand capacity first before a major upgrade that will draw huge crowds. Of course this assumes they actually have a plan and are looking a few steps ahead.
I have no reason to assume though they wouldn't have a plan, I don't see how they could have never considered this.

toolsnspools

We all would like to see that. But we can't be picky, I would want anything at this point! Plus, not everyone can just go to CA
Yeah, come to think of it (since I'm armchair imagineering here) the could beef up the parks kids offerings with Pixar here, and then move on to bigger rides in the SW section.

YodaMan

Yeah, come to think of it (since I'm armchair imagineering here) the could beef up the parks kids offerings with Pixar here, and then move on to bigger rides in the SW section.

I assume/hope that Disney has some sort of game plan. My personal bets? Oaken's moves to AFI on the 29th so work can begin on SSI to expand TSMM. Backlot closes on the 27th so work can begin on removing/archiving/relocating anything of importance. When January rolls around and holiday crowds are gone and Osborne Lights are gone and Frozen is gone, then SoA and Premier and LMA and HISTK and Backlot can all be closed off and demolished for a major Pixar expansion. If the Sing Along needs to stay, it can be relocated to the Superstar Theatre (what's the current status of this building? Will it be used for the Comedy Warehouse?)

Again, all speculation. But it seems like Disney is getting ready to do something major in one fell swoop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom