Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterID

The Madame Tussaud's ride was not the best ride ever done, but I have to say, it gave a better picture of a country's history than any of the other World Showcase attractions (Except The American Adventure). If Blackstone Entertainment could do something that well, imagine what Disney could do if they put their mind to it!

I was blown away by the AA's in American Adventure. Really, give the screen market to UNI. The AA attraction is pure Disney. I hate to see them give up on it.

Some things on Maelstrom the day before yesterday:

It was a literal walk on.

I forgot how bad some of the trolls look.

I just realized the end I was riding under an oilrig. Seriously. I thought they were just pillars.

My niece's first time on the ride. Her response when it was over: "That's it?"

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
It's a more simple approach to governing. Better than the one the U.S. is currently under.

Mike S

I was blown away by the AA's in American Adventure. Really, give the screen market to UNI. The AA attraction is pure Disney. I hate to see them give up on it.

I just realized the end I was riding under an oilrig. Seriously. I thought they were just pillars.

Have you told your niece what's coming?

minsmk

Afterwards. She thought it was a good idea. Funny enough, her favorite country was Japan. She made me go back twice. So there is something to say for originality and not needing an IP to sell it to the 14 year old girl crowd.

Everyone has their own opinions.. I have a friend who is almost 2 years younger than me and when she was little we ALWAYS had to ride Maelstrom. It was one of her favorite non coaster rides and still is now. She loves Frozen but was super sad to hear about it closing.

There are always going to be kids(and teens.) that love coasters. And there are going to be kids that like shopping. And there are going to be kids that like nostalgia (Me as a kid.) more than high thrills.

Maybe your niece likes shopping or test track better than a nostalgic trip. But does she like Frozen? (Frozen seems to be a big thing on tumblr/instagram/facebook with girls ages 12-26..)

Bocabear

Exactly... It always feels like the ride is over before it has barely begun...

NormC

In all my years of going I have never seen a wait of more than 20 minutes to get on Maelstrom. Many times it was practically a walk on. I usually go on off-peak times of the year. My family finds it a bit boring. Of course that does not mean it should be frozen but it could definitely be improved.

Bocabear

I have been at many different times of the year...but there is always a wait, and when it says 20 minutes it is usually more like 30.
It is a popular ride, probably more for the fact that there are so few rides in World Showcase than because it is amazing...

Magenta Panther

And Walt is dead. Gone. No longer the man in charge. And no longer the man the current company tries to be like. Today's Walt Disney Company is about bottom line, profits. And Wall Street. If removing the Chinese Theater facade and making it the Ice Castle from Frozen (and thus a Frozen attraction) will increase attendance and profits, then why wouldn't they do it?

I've no objection to that, FWIW - if TDO is indeed planning to move away from the "Hollywood Studio" concept. My objection was with your characterization of the Castle at the end of Main Street as being "stupid". You didn't seem to be aware of its significance, and by the way, WDW is a THEME PARK, with THEMES, not just an amusement park with rides that go REAL FAST. 'Kay?

Mike S

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom