Trip Report What time is it? MICKEY TIME. August 2014

Is it entirely possible to have two extremely amazing Disney trips in a row? One would think the first trip’s fun and happiness could not be duplicated again…

Unfortunately, I am home. Real home. Not my Disney World bubble. Getting over this harsh reality is like a kick straight to the stomach, after eating a really gigantic meal. What is this life I live? Why am I not waking up on property? Oh the harsh truths we must face when exiting that bubble! Writing a trip report will help cure my Disney depression, it’s a statement I keep uttering to myself while I slowly grip the fact that my trip is OVER. WHAT?! Months of planning and excitement and poof! DONE. GONE. Is it time to go back yet? PLEASE?! Peeling the magicband off my wrist was painful.. PAINFUL I TELL YOU!!

imagejpg7_zps1262d39b.jpg

My name’s Nicole and I am a Disney freak. (I’m the girl on the left.) If there ever is a rehab program for people who are overly obsessed with Disney, you can bet some of my friends, my boyfriend, and my family would check me right in. I love the little mermaid, and change my favorite park depending on the day. I don’t know what my favorite ride is, some days it’s Soarin’, some days it’s Splash, sometimes it’s even Tower of Terror. Whatever is the last ride I’ve been on, that’s the one I will probably tell you. Ugh, I’m indecisive!

b02728cf-23d5-46e2-acf1-6a26b9d6b599_zps5fe4c65c.png

For those who didn’t follow along on my pre-trip report, here’s a quick recap. I flew to Disney World August 17th, and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge until August 21st. The lovely people of WDWmagic convinced us to upgrade from Art of Animation since we had a pin code. From there it was off to Port Canaveral, for my first ever Disney cruise, let alone cruise. Had three nights on the Disney Dream, and then back to Orlando for a day at Downtown Disney. I came home late August 24th, which gave me 8 full days immersed in Disney. This trip was the second trip with my best friend; we went last July for 10 days and had a wonderful, unforgettable time. We knew Disney missed us. :)

Originally, we were supposed to go in June and stay at Art of Animation, then go on the Dream, but due to massive amounts of snowstorms in lovely New Jersey this past winter, we had to postpone to August. Now everyone was warning me about the heat, and let me just tell you all, YOU WERE RIGHT. It may have been the hottest, sweatiest (sorry!) trip of my life, but it was one that I will never forget.

Shall I begin?

It all started not too long ago, at the wee hours in the morning.

IMG_1685_zpsa8effceb.jpg

I slept at my friend’s house so her parents could take us to the airport for our flight at 5:59 in the morning. We would be in Disney at 8:30 A.M. Who needs sleep?

Made it though security fairly quickly, and decided it was perfectly acceptable to eat our first meal of the day at 4:30 A.M.

First food picture of the trip! LOL.. and it’s in bags.. Big fail, Nicole.

IMG_1686_zps100779e9.jpg

IMG_1687_zpsca936d7d.jpg

IMG_1688_zps99d8f598.jpg

Probably not a good idea to drink iced coffee when you are aiming to sleep on the flight down, but with all that excitement I guess it didn’t matter! Do you guys remember the commercial with the little boy who says, “I’m too excited to sleep!” Yep, that’s me in a nutshell on Disney eve.

We took so long eating, we didn’t realize our plane had already boarded and as we were walking to the gate, we heard them announce the final boarding call. We booked it! Could you imagine if we missed our flight? Oh the horror! I don’t know why we didn’t realize that you’d need to be on the plane prior to 5:59 in order for it to take off. Hey, it was early. I’m using that excuse :)

IMG_1691_zps52acb54c.jpg

IMG_1692_zps857b0b68.jpg

We made it on and were off! My friend slept for maybe 20 minutes, I didn’t sleep at all. Too much excitement! We read and chatted about what was yet to come.

We landed early (YESS!!!), and navigated our way like champs to the B side of the airport. Last year we got lost…this year we were pros. Haha.

IMG_1693_zpsfabcc90a.jpg

We scanned our matching pink magic bands at the magical express counter, saw that first mickey head light up green, and we’re off! It was time for our first Disney ride of the trip…a bus ride!

IMG_1696_zps0d56d9a9.jpg

Wilderness Lodge, get ready for us!!

bmarkelon

You're such a silly goose! Very impressed with the drinking around the world. That is no small feat, especially in the blazing August heat…yikes!!
Love that Gaston, he's the best!!
Nice morning snack too, totally cool to have a cookie sandwich for breakfast in Disney. I had a Churro one morning. :cool:

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
To me, Dumbo is the quintessential Disney ride. It holds that childhood appeal, where you sit in amazement as you are raised above the ground. At it's highest point, you can look out and see the castle, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

Dumbo has always been a favorite, and we enjoyed our ride in the sky!

IMG_2515_zps3d8a90b1.jpg

IMG_2516_zpsf9e73429.jpg

There she is!! :)

IMG_2519_zps9e6f19de.jpg

I love that they made two spinners, well done Disney! I liked waving to the other people as we flew by. A big theme of this trip including waving to strangers, not many people wave back to you!

IMG_2520_zpsbe96fea5.jpg

AHHH! We are airborne!

34DA5EC0-DB6A-44CE-B3D4-3ABA4363FEC9_zpsdjj9iias.jpg

We enjoyed our flight, this is such a fun ride! I think I like Dumbo a bit more than the magic carpets. I know it's the same concept, but this is Dumbo! If you have time in your busy Disney days, ride Dumbo! It just screams Disney to me. :)

173E95B0-4AFB-4209-8928-80FE94CBA947_zpsxag8c1t2.jpg

We picked the blue one. The CM was laughing at us because we wanted a good color. Such a childhood moment we were experiencing. Some things don't ever change.

IMG_2522_zps5156a83e.jpg

We had yet to go on the train, and this is one of my favorites. Have I said that about everything so far? I'm sorry :) But to just sit and take in the sights really seems like my cup of tea! We decided to do a full lap around the kingdom.

IMG_2523_zps95444dbc.jpg

After our tour around MK, we stopped at Casey's water train and got ourselves soaked! We weren't the only adults partaking in the fun! If you find yourself dying of heat exhaustion, go visit this train! We felt immediately cooler!

We then decided to walk back to "old fantastayland" but couldn't resist getting some photos of the new! Will there be a day when it's just referred to as "Fantasyland"? I prefer that much better! :)

Beast are you home?

IMG_2524_zps2ea332eb.jpg

Me looking not so enthused with the mine train in the back. My friend made fun of this photo so I am including it lol.

IMG_2526_zps18f3502d.jpg

Beast's castle doesn't really give me that forced perspective look in person, but when I look at pictures, it looks like it actually could be there, somewhere in the distance.

IMG_2527_zpsd823a590.jpg

imagejpg16_zps865b3427.jpg

New fantasyland is unbelievable.

imagejpg18_zpsc188fed9.jpg

Rode it's a small world next.. Am I the only one who enjoys this song?! We were thrilled to be sailing on the happiest cruise that ever sailed, but knew come tomorrow, small world would have a run for it's money!

Disney Dream we are coming for you :)

728CAAB9-9E12-4AA0-BBCC-366E84229765_zpsklqske6e.jpg

All that sailing made us hot, so we went to watch Philarmagic! Such a cute attraction. :) This is my friend's favorite, so we must do it every trip! I love watching Donald, and wearing my so cool yellow glasses, so I don't mind one bit!

Trekked over to the other side of MK for lunch! We couldn't decide what we wanted to eat, so we though Cosmic Ray's was our best option. You can get almost anything there! I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries, and of course liquid cheese! My friend had pulled pork, and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

I could go for a bite of that right about now.

IMG_2529_zpsa72fedb6.jpg

All that eating made us exhausted, and we refused to go back to room! I feel as though this report has becoming me telling you what I ate and how tired I become after doing so. Lol.. I swear a 1 ton man inhabits my body.

Since going back to relax was out of the question, we took a ride on the peoplemover! Okay, I lied, we rode the people mover two times in a row! The CM saw us not budging at the end and asked if we wanted to stay on , of course we did! LOL

We waved to people, not one person waved back! :( And we power napped while in the dark confines of Space mountain!

IMG_2530_zps380dd532.jpg

Two trips around and we knew we had to stop being lazy and go have some more fun! Buzz was next, and I don't know why this picture says I'm a galatic hero because I'm pretty sure I lost :(Man I wish I knew right now!!

IMG_2532_zps3b641738.jpg

I know we rode space again, but I guess we didn't get a picture!! Another wonderful trip to the stars and all I have is my memory!

Next up was the laugh floor and again I love this attraction! They put my face on the screen yet again but I can't remember the caption they had!! Ugh! Fail.

It was time to say goodbye to tomorrow land and head off toward the hub. We tried to peek around at the construction but didn't really see much! Online it looks like the construction is a massive eyesore and hassle, but in reality I didn't notice it at all!

IMG_2534_zps6cd2a10a.jpg

I love these next two! We were having such a magical day so far!

IMG_2535_zps8cc06b97.jpg

IMG_2536_zps15848b5d.jpg

I don't think I could have been happier.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
We decided we needed some linner. Lunch and dinner. Like an appetizer to our already planned dinner. We somehow managed to justify going to Casey's.

I got a chili cheese dog and lemonade, my friend had fries and soda!

IMG_2537_zps552a056f.jpg

YES.

IMG_2538_zpsb33e5636.jpg

It was too good to be true! I don't know how I managed, but I finished the whole thing. It was delicious.

We saw there was a castle show going on, so we ran, ha who am kidding, we waddled up to watch it.

IMG_2539_zpsdb94024c.jpg

IMG_2540_zps4ea0cfd8.jpg

Donald is so stinking cute! I love Donald!

IMG_2541_zps9ccb7687.jpg

But my first love will forever be this guy! Sorry Minnie, you have competition!

IMG_2542_zps3b4fd1ac.jpg

AHHH!!!

IMG_2544_zps7078e902.jpg

IMG_2545_zps1c9c104c.jpg

I never ever got to ride on the Carousel, so I convinced my friend it was something we must do! Right away! There wasn't a wait, which was awesome! The CM complimented my crown and asked where I bought it, because she'd never seen an Ariel crown like that. I told her I ordered it off the Disney website a year or so ago, and it must have been around Halloween because I have never seen it since! They only have the green pointed crown for Ariel which I am not a fan of! They have had that for years now! Please make a new mermaid crown!

I connected with my horse and named him Hans.

IMG_2547_zps8b3465e7.jpg

Oh sweet feelings of childhood.

IMG_2549_zps64b95b55.jpg

IMG_2551_zps46c0388e.jpg

IMG_2548_zps2e0861fe.jpg

The carousel was enjoyable, we both had a wonderful time! I will definitley be boarding again in the future! I used to think carousels were everywhere, it wouldn't be special if I rode at Disney.. but trust me, anything in Disney is 100 times more special than real life!

Then took a ride on Pooh, and chatted with a nice man from Wisconsin who was there with his youngest daughter. We discussed the best Disney resorts to stay at, isn't it the best talking to people who just get it?!

I was dying of thirst, so went to buy a water and somehow ended up with this. I think I saw someone in front of me getting one, and got jealous, so I had to have one too! Not that I was hungry! LOL

IMG_2552_zps29375abe.jpg

We sat for awhile and took turns scarfing this down. While we were eating, a private tour guide came over with a family and they sat and ate ice cream. How do you get that?! We keep staring at them to see if they were famous, but we couldn't recognize anyone. Total creepsters we are, I know.

It then was time for our fastpass for mine train! Visited our friends the seven dwarfs again, and screamed like little girls!

IMG_2555_zps6334c15a.jpg

IMG_2556_zpsbb572085.jpg

The mine train is a super cute ride for the whole family. I hope the wait times aren't always so long, because I'd love to ride it multiple times! Thank goodness for fastpass!

Big Thunder only had a twenty minute wait, so we decided what the heck! That ride may have the hottest queue in the history of the world, but it's a price I'll pay for the wildest ride in the wilderness!

IMG_2557_zps81756f01.jpg

We also had another fastpass for Splash! We were hoping to change the timing to when it was dark out, but riding during twilight is still beautiful. There was some commotion down stream, and our logs got backed up a bit, but I think this just adds to the fun. When you are worried if you are going to slam into another log just adds to the anticipation!

IMG_2560_zps155394da.jpg

The lady behind is awesome!

We hopped on board the train to make it back to Main Street fast, it was almost time for dinner! Couldn't resist some of these shots on the way!

IMG_2561_zps0c108e25.jpg

IMG_2563_zps63989ad2.jpg

How is it possible that Main Street is so picturesque at every possible time of day?

IMG_2564_zps75b58825.jpg

I felt as though I'd been painted into a Thomas Kinkade painting. There was no way these views were real! Real life cannot be so breath taking!

That Disney bubble is my heaven on earth. :)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Me looking not so enthused with the mine train in the back. My friend made fun of this photo so I am including it lol.

IMG_2526_zps18f3502d.jpg

Your friend is right to make fun of this picture, because its so effing odd.

You see the picture above is a normal photo for most people --- However it looks so incredibly weird because it's you and you're not smiling ear to ear and acting like a complete goofball (that's a compliment by the way).....
So therefore it just doesn't fit in with the rest of your report......... yet... juxtapose to rest of your snapshots..it's completely making me laugh and therefore fits perfectly in with the rest of your trip report...wait what just happened???
....I think you may have created a paradox....

Uhmm..I'm confused but very happily reading along.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
More gorgeous sky shots!

IMG_2565_zps0ea844b6.jpg

IMG_2566_zps570d2b3b.jpg

Mmm, this is my favorite place and yet I didn't get anything here this trip! So much to eat and so little time!

IMG_2567_zpsa21e08ed.jpg

IMG_2568_zpsb176b9e9.jpg

IMG_2571_zps0b51a03f.jpg

The night time toys were coming out! We didn't want today to ever end. We had been here about 10 hours already, but it wasn't enough!

IMG_2574_zps811a452f.jpg

Time for our real dinner! It was my first time at Tony's! :) Everyone has mixed reviews on this place, but I LOVED it.

IMG_2575_zpsb60cd748.jpg

IMG_2576_zps43ea5324.jpg

Can you find me? LOL my friend wanted to take a picture of me with the sign, but I guess the smell of food got the best of me and away I went.

IMG_2578_zps4c0ea6aa.jpg

Lost Disney soul! I swore my friend had left me. Soon I was found.

IMG_2579_zps04777953.jpg

This picture enticed me to order something special for my meal later on in the evening.

IMG_2581_zpsd77a8eea.jpg

We were pretty upset that this was our last ADR of the trip, but we put on our brave faces to enjoy this wonderful last night in the Magic Kingdom.

Menu shots!

IMG_2584_zps36903db4.jpg

IMG_2585_zps49ff4c18.jpg

Crazy Disney freak right here!

IMG_2589_zps1fee87e4.jpg

I had a mixed greens salad, so good! And it felt amazing to eat something that wasn't a carb, or a sweet! Greens! Finally, Nicole!

IMG_2590_zps99b8d0a1.jpg

But we can't stay good for too long, this bread was to die for! Carbs own my heart.

IMG_2591_zps5c91a80c.jpg

My bestie tried the Cesar salad. We both felt rejuvenated after eating some lettuce. :)

IMG_2592_zpsafd73096.jpg

And then came dinner.

She had the cannelloni, and I had spaghetti and meatballs.

IMG_2593_zpsdbb2d3df.jpg

IMG_2594_zps3ce389c8.jpg

Yes, it was as good as it looks. I usually only like my mom's meatballs, and these were stiff competition. I wanted to eat it all, but I couldn't do! I ate until I thought I would burst. I would FOR SURE eat at Tony's again. We watched the main street electrical parade from the window, and stuffed our faces for the last time in Magic Kingdom.

I would love to hop on a flight right now for some Tony's. That seems sensible right? I mean, it's dinner time here where I live! :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
And now with cheese! You can never have a enough cheese, that is a fact.

IMG_2596_zps7b7b3e1f.jpg

We thought dinner made us full, but we couldn't skip out on dessert! How often do you have the privilege to dine in the magic kingdom? My friend ordered the chocolate cake and I had the pistachio creme brulee.

IMG_2597_zps324aa459.jpg

IMG_2598_zpsb9ebdd72.jpg

I think we enjoyed it, here's photographic proof of the taste. :)

IMG_2599_zpsf72523e0.jpg

We were both a bit loopy at this point, over indulging makes my inner crazy person come out!

IMG_2601_zps8e1d9b80.jpg

IMG_2602_zps59fed368.jpg

I tried to block my friend from taking any more photos and look what happened! It looks like I am a creepy ghost!

I must return to my home at the haunted mansion! Maybe I am the next wife haha

IMG_2603_zpsd8b91673.jpg

We left dinner just in time to get good seats for the castle show and wishes!! How could we not end a magical day with the best firework show on the face of the planet?

IMG_2604_zps4fcb7f23.jpg

IMG_2608_zpsd7cbd2c6.jpg

IMG_2616_zps66c3a9ba.jpg

We didn't get any good firework shots, sometimes it stinks to be so short! We kept joking that next trip we would bring one of those camera sticks we kept seeing.

IMG_2641_zpscd54b0ba.jpg

We laughed and cried, and enjoyed Wishes! Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight!!

I wish we'd never have to grow up, off to never land!

After an emotional firework show, we decided to sit on a bench and watch as traffic flowed out of magic kingdom. We wanted to stay as late as we could!

We caught another castle show! And look at this view.. Haha we were too lazy to move!

IMG_2650_zpsbc256086.jpg

IMG_2652_zpsc3007e67.jpg

We made our way down Main Street, shopping and taking in all the sights. Magic kingdom has become a place I know as well as the back of my hand, it just gives me that feeling of home. We were pretty bummed out we only had spent two days here, but we kept reminding each other, tomorrow we'd be on a cruise!

My boyfriend always tells me I love my best friend more than him, so I had to bust his chops and send this picture to him lol!

After a 15 hour day in magic kingdom, in 100 degree weather, I don't think we look half bad!

93C35AF1-904D-476F-9799-B2290E573429_zpsjxz7hehc.jpg

imagejpg19_zpsf25a08c3.jpg

Show you're disney side! Not sure what we are doing :)

imagejpg21_zpsb3e934a1.jpg

With full bellies, happy hearts, and a mind full of new memories, we said goodbye to the first part of our vacation. Would a disney cruise compare to the parks?

We didn't know what we were in for!!

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You have some really good pictures with the different princesses that now my daughter has me planing all the meet and greets so she can do the same as you two have. Thats all good but the ice cream cookie sandwich looks really good for breakfast. Waffle with nutela is to die for. Keep the great food pictures coming.

The princesses are awesome! They really know their stuff! And I'm disney you can eat whatever you want no consequences! I swear lol

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You're such a silly goose! Very impressed with the drinking around the world. That is no small feat, especially in the blazing August heat…yikes!!
Love that Gaston, he's the best!!
Nice morning snack too, totally cool to have a cookie sandwich for breakfast in Disney. I had a Churro one morning. :cool:

Mmm churro!! I know I missed something on my food list!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Your friend is right to make fun of this picture, because its so effing odd.

You see the picture above is a normal photo for most people --- However it looks so incredibly weird because it's you and you're not smiling ear to ear and acting like a complete goofball (that's a compliment by the way).....
So therefore it just doesn't fit in with the rest of your report......... yet... juxtapose to rest of your snapshots..it's completely making me laugh and therefore fits perfectly in with the rest of your trip report...wait what just happened???
....I think you may have created a paradox....

Uhmm..I'm confused but very happily reading along.

I think I may have been being a goofball at this moment, it's just that this photo lies! I am not a serious park visitor! It was a rare moment to be captured. I'm not sure I even recognize the girl in the picture! Definitely not Disney Nicole :)

awheartsdw

Day four video! :)

We returned from our trip in early August and while my husband doesn't get the Disney blues, my 11 year old daughter and I do. I can't even check the My Disney Experience app to quiz her on ride wait times now that we are home. Anyway. She wasn't feeling so great tonight so I showed her this video and she definitely cheered up a bit. She said she couldn't wait until she was older to visit with her best friend. Great report!

JenTen1585

Yay!!! I've sooooo enjoyed your trip report so far! I'm really excited about the next part because we have our first ever Disney cruise booked for June in Norway! So I'm so excited to read about your take on the Disney Cruise!!!! Love your excitement and love for Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom