Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

I actually had to look up javelina to see what that was (don't laugh at me . . . we don't have any of those up in my neck of the country; we've got lots of crazy people like me :p, but no javelinas!). The pictures of them look kinda scary; I wouldn't want to accidentally startle one of those while walking alone. :eek:

As for bobcats, I don't have any around here. They are found more up north (VT, NH, Maine) and sometimes out in western (more rural areas) of MA. They tend to be shy and hide from peeps, but they can attack if rabid. Up north, we have catamounts that also tend to be more reclusive, but I still wouldn't want to be in an area that they inhabit.

Yep, the bobcats we saw much less of. They generally avoided human contact in any way.
But, happen upon, and startle an old boar javelina or a mother with her young brood, and that could make for a bad day for you.

seahawk7

We get the occasional black bear and and cougars. Coyotes love to devour small dogs around here. You need to take them out on a leash even in fenced yards around here. :cautious: We are in Skunk season now. :arghh:
He_loves_to_love_by_EarthToMe001.jpg

Ah, skunk season

seahawk7

I liked her in "An American Werewolf in London".

She was actually, also, in 2 Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color episodes back in '66...
Ballerina: Part 1, and Ballerina: Part 2.
"An American Werewolf In London" was a good movie. The best scene in my opinion was with the folks from the Slaughtered Lamb and the Moors. I love any story with the Moors. So creepy, and gloomy and supposedly supernatural.

donaldtoo

Yeah, @donaldtoo and I have had many a conversation about time in nature. While I love my flowers and my gardens and a walk for exercise on our concrete riverwalk I have little tolerance for looking at mountains, climbing mountains. I too love the picture and I could stand up there and admire the beauty for about 5 minutes and I am out. A day let alone a vacation and I'd be anything but relaxed. Camping is beyond torturous to me and I won't do it.

It isn't that I have not done the nature vacationish thing. I've done a two week wilderness canoe trip down the Wisconsin river. I've camped at places like Yogi campgrounds where at least there were toilets unlike my canoe trip.
I've done fishing excursions. I've chaperoned youth to the National Youth Christian Conference in Aspen, rock climbing included and plenty of nature in July. Camping I've done multiple time but it has been on the taboo list for over 20 years. Done all these things, been there done that not going back. I even did sleep away camp for many years as a kid. It was OK but I wasn't a fan of cabins and bunkbeds out in nature and no A/C. My DS said no to camp, my DD went one year and was out. My DH in his young adult years did Wilderness canoeing through Minnesota and almost died in a massive rain and mudslides. Wet clothes, soaked food, cold, water ran through tent. 3 days later they hit a town and left the canoe somewhere out there. Done.

Now put me in Aspen in a lovely resort in early Spring. I'll ski down that same mountain a week and return to my room, go out to dinner, sit in the whirlpool surrounded by snow and a nice adult beverage. My idea of a vacation is a moderate on up resort at WDW where I am fed 3 meals a day that I do not cook and snack around the world, preferably not in the dog days of summer heat.

Vacation Me:

6778769208_d1ac1926ba_z.jpg

Yourself and my DWifey have VERY similar concepts of what a vacation should be...! :D ;) :)

seahawk7

We are still in squirrel season....we are always in squirrel season.

There have been recent reports of coyotes eating the family dogs lately, which is quite out of the ordinary
Yikes. Is there a food scarcity since this is out of the ordinary? Do they go after larger dogs too? I assume so if the coyotes travel in packs.
But for squirrel season...

chip-n-dale.jpg

Shoot. They are chipmunks. Are the the same? Well points for trying I guess.

Here. It was bugging me.

eiMdxrRin.gif

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Don't want to jinx myself, but I finally feel like "me".

For the first time in months, my bladder isn't on fire.

My new meds only made me severely nauseated for 4 days. (Could have been a week or more!)

And oh yeah, I'm down 14+ lbs for the month.

I'm back, Baby!

So VERY glad to hear!!!!! :joyfull: :)
My pop always says, the best part about bein' sick is when ya' start to feel good again...! ;) :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yikes. Is there a food scarcity since this is out of the ordinary? Do they go after larger dogs too? I assume so if the coyotes travel in packs.
But for squirrel season...

chip-n-dale.jpg

Shoot. They are chipmunks. Are the the same? Well points for trying I guess.

Here. It was bugging me.

eiMdxrRin.gif

It's out of the ordinary to hear ANYTHING about coyotes around here.

I've always heard that squirrels are nothing more than rats with bushy tails!

donaldtoo

My take is it more Disney changing who their projects would please more, stockholders or guests of WDW.

I don't believe it is Disney doesn't understand what guest want or appreciate. I don't believe it is guests stuck in the olden days either, I hear comments about some of the 21st Disney decisions and these young'ns were not even around in the olden days.

I believe the imagineers would love to go over the top and their final design be what we expect for WDW. But by the time the plans are sliced and diced, final budgets, we get the type of end products like the Dole Whip counter with an industrial roll up window, white municipal pool chairs. Done. I felt this way about the new Poly lobby. They could design a new amazing waterfall rock wall. Cost won, a dramatically smaller fountain in the lobby for a fraction of the cost. Done.

SPOT ON, Gabe.

MOXOMUMD

Finally home from swimming. We decided to skip the lake and go to my friend's pool which closes for the season on Monday. We had a picnic too. Now that we're home I'm just plum tuckered out. My daughter is happy beyond being happy because there's an Indiana Jones marathon on Spike. (She loves IJ as much as I do Star Wars. :D)

I see there were quite a few posts for me to read. I'd say we're starting out @Cesar R M's welcome home present pretty well. ;)

StarWarsGirl

We have seen in our backyard squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, fox, groundhogs, birds (including hawks), barn cats, deer, rabbits, bats, mice, and many, many bugs. Chipmunks and deer have been the worse for us. Chipmunks have caused all kinds of damage, including to my car. Deer are the next worse. Not usually when they are in the backyard, unless they are eating the plants, but they are not smart enough to get out of the road. My bff actually had a deer hit her car. She was sitting still at a red light and the deer rammed into her car. I've nearly hit them on several occasions. Thankfully, the squirrels haven't caused much damage to us, but we know they cause damage to other people's homes, so I can understand why some may refer to them as rats with bushy tails. Kind of the way I feel about chipmunks.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Can I PLEASE be @Soarin' Over Pgh's assistant?!?! :geek:
I have a few ideas, myself. Maybe, even a rough sketch, or two... ;) :)

Yes sir, you're hired!

Indeedy!!! And, you two are just for starters; we need some new blood in their design department. And maybe we also need some more money from Disney to fund this department back to it's old glory!

Im good with working on a tight budget. I also dream big. Id love nothing more than to have a go at it.

You guys would make a great design team.

I agree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom