Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

So, went to the dermatologist today. The mole is not cancerous. I do need a full body skin check once a year though. The results were suspicious. I didn't get to talk to the doctor about the poor experience, but when they asked if I would like to schedule a visit for next year, I told them that I had a poor experience and would be finding a different dermatologist. We were going to write them a letter, but I've taken to the far-more-effective "share your experience online!" approach. I've written a review on Yelp and Facebook. I was respectful and laid out the facts and didn't name names except for the doctor who treated me (but I also only had positive things to say about him). There are several other dermatologists within 20 minutes of me. I'll ask my doctor which one he recommends, and if he can't name one, I'll call my brother's doctor and see if they can give me a name.

I'm just glad it's over and I can go to WDW in peace.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I never liked Bieber, even when he was popular. Neither did my friends. We all thought he was a jerk. Comforting to know that there are girls out there who see right through some of these guys.

Yeah, as a kid I was never very impressionable and neither has been my DD. Yet there are so many naive young girls who have parents that will dish out a thousand dollars for 4 tickets to see the Biebs. Go figure parenting styles.

PUSH

Original Poster
Remember how I told you guys (and if I didn't, then you're hearing it here) how our manager was leaving at the end of the month? Well, he did. So now we have our assistant manager doing his work along with the manager duties. Then we have 3 "managers", but really they're just kind of higher ranked employees who are full-time, also helping out. When we'll get a new manager, nobody knows! We could be without one for a few days or a few months. August is supposed to be a busy month, though, as we are taking inventory of our entire store, I believe, among other things.

On top of that, we have two of our more experienced workers leaving. One, who I've know prior to working there, put her 2 weeks notice in the other day and is leaving. She dealt with all the money, so I have no idea who's doing that now. Then a service desk person is planning on putting in her 2 weeks notice as soon as she is hired elsewhere, so it's only a matter of time. Service desk people aren't easy to come by as they have to have worked there long enough to know the ins-and-outs of checkout, returns, layaway, and all that fun stuff.

So who knows, by the end of August I could be the longest tenured employee. :p That is, if I decided to stay on for a while yet. I'm planning on going to the end of summer at the least, after that I have no real plans to go elsewhere, but I'll keep my eye out for other potential places. Once school starts I plan on limiting my hours to only certain days and times. As of now I'm thinking of saying no to Sundays and Wednesdays. From there I'll just play it by ear.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So, went to the dermatologist today. The mole is not cancerous. I do need a full body skin check once a year though. The results were suspicious. I didn't get to talk to the doctor about the poor experience, but when they asked if I would like to schedule a visit for next year, I told them that I had a poor experience and would be finding a different dermatologist. We were going to write them a letter, but I've taken to the far-more-effective "share your experience online!" approach. I've written a review on Yelp and Facebook. I was respectful and laid out the facts and didn't name names except for the doctor who treated me (but I also only had positive things to say about him). There are several other dermatologists within 20 minutes of me. I'll ask my doctor which one he recommends, and if he can't name one, I'll call my brother's doctor and see if they can give me a name.

I'm just glad it's over and I can go to WDW in peace.

Sigh of relief! Amen woman!

I so agree with you finding a new Doc. It be good to have a second opinion of suspicious that they wish a full body check every year. Needed or roller coaster $$$. I've had to pluck my Mom out of 2 Docs that had her sucked into their little webs after scaring her half to death over non issues.

So glad you are OK.

StarWarsGirl

Sigh of relief! Amen woman!

I so agree with you finding a new Doc. It be good to have a second opinion of suspicious that they wish a full body check every year. Needed or roller coaster $$$. I've had to pluck my Mom out of 2 Docs that had her sucked into their little webs after scaring her half to death over non issues.

So glad you are OK.
It's probably not a bad idea to get my skin checked every year. It's weird that the mole suddenly changed, and since I have a history of blistering sunburn on my shoulders, I've formed freckles that I didn't have before, and it's not a bad idea to get them checked every year. I just won't be going back there. The main thing that irritates me is the whole thing with the lab. The lab had the results and no one from the office followed up. I'm not putting my trust in an office with employees that aren't doing their job when my life could potentially be in their hands. I do want to research the results a bit further to see exactly what it meant.

StarWarsGirl

I got this joke. And laughed. Very hard. Too hard in fact.

I am a nerd. There's no way of getting around it

10489927_1032466090103229_4480370823860358254_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom