Once again, another video with Disney showing the yeti moving.

sonoma15

Original Poster

It kind of annoys me about how it's misleading, and their advertising with the yeti moving, yet it's not in reality. Their doing this a lot and it kind of annoys me a bit.

Is anyone else getting annoyed by this or thinking that they should not show it moving?

MKCP 1985

Yes, it is annoying.

To me, an ad showing the yeti in motion at the Disney's Animal Kingdom park is knowing deception. It would be equivalent to Disney running a new ad showing a double decker bus taking guests around the World Showcase at Epcot...

Or showing guests riding in Swan Boats around the lagoon in front of Cinderella's Castle...

Or an ad showing backlot tour cruising down residential street at the Hollywood Studios Park!

For better or worse, you are as likely to see and experience any of those other events as to see the Yeti moving like he does in that ad.

cw1982

I wonder do the typical day guest and those not familiar with with the modes of the Yeti - do they even notice or pay attention?

What is also deceptive is how empty the parks are. They need to show the real magic kingdom with all those people.

While I agree it is annoying, I too think that the average guest, who doesn't read about these things, doesn't notice the yetti, or any other malfunction that they don't know to look for. My husband didn't notice anything wrong with the yetti... and he's pretty detail-oriented. But he also hasn't been coming here to read up on these things like I have.

FettFan

I'd be more worried about how DAK is handling the impeachment spy elephants. o_O
dakimpeachment_zpscd695f77.jpg

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It's pretty bad. As is the whole "running through Cinderella Castle and hugging a waiting Minnie and Mickey" cliche. We've been conditioned to accept it, but it's really just a lie.
There's a difference between showing an area in an ideal state and showing something that literally never happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom