Trip Report Go west they said. The weather is so perfect you'll never want to leave they said.

Greetings to all my Disney-fied, Pixie Dust-fried friends! Yep, it's that time again...moving on to the next adventure. This time we finally went west for our glorious (or not-so-glorious?) return to Disney parks.

The particulars:

Who? Me, Tracey (DH, @Sweetpee's Sugar Daddy), Chandler (DS18, @casutton96), & Brian (DS16)

What? Disneyland Resort family vacation

Where? Disneyland Hotel / Disneyland / California

When? April 26, 2104 - May 3, 2014

I'm not feeling extra wordy at the moment (rare, I know) so let's get started....

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I'm loving your trip report! I remember you stating on Instagram how hot it was, and I'm with you, I would have had big ol' pity panties on. I hate, hate, hate being hot.

I've only been to Disneyland twice, and the last time it was super crowded and we didn't have much time. As I'm reading through your report I keep remembering all of the things that we didn't do on that trip. It makes me want to plan another trip out there but far away from any Santa Ana winds.

I always love reading your trip reports and seeing all of the cool things your family does when it comes to vacationing and thinking about how I hope I'm able to do those same things with my kids. While I had a good upbringing and was able to travel (to WDW) a lot, it is so different when you have to pay for it yourself. I really appreciate that you always include stories from several years back and the struggles your family went through to get where you are today. It really does show that hard work and perseverance will pay off!

And Tracey, what a sweetheart! So thoughtful of you to make sure those ladies got back to their resort safely.

Thank you so much! OMGosh! I think this is one of the sweetest posts ever!

As "small" as everyone claims DL is, there's so much stuff packed in there. Like WDW, you have to keep going back to get around to things and even then you'll never do it all. That's what makes DL so incredible. As WDW vets we see the smaller size and think, "Yeah....(chuckle-chuckle)....piece of cake." Yeah, right! It doesn't work that way.

I'm so glad you like seeing all the stuff that our family does together. It's so much fun. All the struggles or challenges to get to where we are is what makes us who we are. Right? I love to write on any ordinary day. Telling our stories takes my love of writing to a whole 'nother level. ((Have you ever read or listened to StoryCorps stories??? I LOVE those!))

Tracey's parents always took their family all sorts of places. His parents had times of good fortune and times that were thin. The kids never felt like they missed anything, tho. They did stuff together and could have a blast on little to nothing. Hearing their stories, the adventures they went on all over the country, it's awesome! We always tell ourselves 20, 30, 40 years from now when we look back it won't be the money we remember. It's the life we lived and the memories. The rest is just details. That's true.

As the years go by the amounts we've spent to do what we wanted to with our family seems to become more and more just a fuzzy insignificant detail. Was it a big deal at the time? Yeah. I sold every doll in my tiny collection, most of them gifts, and Tracey sold every piece of fishing tackle he had just to scrape together enough money to take our boys to WDW the first time in January 2004. Since then it's been a strange dance to get where we wanted to go. Sometimes it was harder. Sometimes easier but we always made a way. Sometimes times were thin and other times we had money like we'd never had before. It's all part of the journey. Shouldn't we embrace that? Even now, the past several big trips we've taken I've questioned the wisdom in going forward with them so heavily. It's been a LOT of money, far more than I ever dreamed we'd spend. As the family bookeeper, financially I see that some things aren't the wisest and I second guess everything. I worry so much. But the boys are growing up so fast and each trip is more and more precious. We're so close to not having the luxury of time with them anymore. We see that. Tracey says, "Well if I have to work more, I will. If I have to put off retirement a few more years, I don't care. These are our opportunities and we can't let them pass us by. If we do, we might not have them again." He's right. So maybe at the end of this life we won't have much of anything but I promise you we'll be rich as any royalty with love, family, and memories. Most importantly we won't have regrets. We will have always done our best. There's not much more anyone can ask, really.

Tracey IS a sweetheart! He's a great caretaker at heart. He's always helping random people whenever he can because he enjoys it and it's what people should do. I've always loved that in him. :inlove:

Y'know, Rachel, that's so true. I'm really glad you put that out there.

I think lots of people have an attitude that either "other people are so lucky" or that "it comes easy to some people" or "I want what I feel I'm entitled to", and our girl Kelly just lays it out and shows that it's not lucky, or easy, and if you work for what you want, that's what gets you entitled to it. That explains why she's beloved around here, and I am proud to call her friend. :inlove:

Oh my! Siobhan! You made my eyeballs leak! :bawling:

Of course I'll sit here and say, "I don't care what anyone thinks of me", but that wouldn't be entirely accurate. A comment was recently made to my mom by a relative that insinuated that we were somehow bestowed with money or good fortune. Yes, we're blessed (by God to have each other!) but it's not in a way that anything has been handed to us. I know logically that this relative who has a nasty habit of puting on the poor-mouth to fish for handouts (because she feels like if you have something she doesn't then you should give to her) was just doing her usual song-n-dance. BUT, it bothered me. I'm not rich. I don't come from money. Tracey's parents certainly aren't wealthy and he didn't grow up with financial opportunity at his feet. Our parents have helped us a few times when things were critical just as we would do for our children, don't get me wrong. We weren't given an education. We married young and started our life together with not a whole lot. We had our clothes, our childhood trinkets, hand-me-down bedroom furniture, a pair of simple gold wedding bands, and an 11 year old beater of a pick-up truck. We started with each other and our dreams. The first 8 months or so we were married we lived in a converted garage room behind his parents house then with his grandparents. Just getting our first tiny 2 room apartment was an accomplishment, but, ya know, those were the best times, too. We had our whole lives yet to live, wishes, dreams, and each other. That was all we needed. When we thought we had nothing we already had all we needed. Everything we have, everywhere we've been, everything we've done we've worked for. I tell people all the time if there's a road less traveled, I'll find it. The path I seem to take at any time in my life typically will be the toughest. That's fine. It makes me who I am. It gives me perspective that I need. Our lives aren't fairytale perfect. We've fought and struggled through the years financially and within our marriage. That's all okay, tho, because we're stronger for all of it. I don't whine about what I don't have or how hard the road through life has been. I wear these battle scars like a warrior. I'm proud of all we've done. For a relative to insinuate any less is something I find personally insulting. Regardless of her purpose in making such comments (which really...talk about entitlement issues!) I feel like it belittles my life's achievements. I'm not a successful career woman. I'm no scholar. Not an athlete or any other special kind of achiever. I'm a mom and I'm a wife. Those are the things I've done right. My greatest accomplishment is my family and the life we've made.

So, yeah, for you to say something so sweet..... :bawling: .... Thank you, friend. I dunno about all that "beloved around here" stuff. :p I think recently I've been a bit of a thorn for some. :cautious: I've certainly found wonderful friends, tho. That I have.

Okay, I gotta quit with all this gushy-mushy stuff or I'm gonna start leaking out of my eyeballs again. :inlove:

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I just started following along with this AMAZING TR!!!

Your family reminds me so much of my family. My sister and I are huge dorks, and our parents tend to join in on the fun too haha.

I'm also dying to one day go to DLR :)

I'm so glad you're along for the ride! I love when people get to come along with us through the writing of the trip reports. It's like sharing!

Families with random self-labeled dorks, humor a-plenty, and passion to spice things up are the most fun! Dontcha think???

Don't die before you get to DLR! All Disney Freaks need to get there someday! :p

lbrad

FINALLY caught up ... phew:D What a fabulous TR!!! I don't even know where to start.
1-Not a fan of any burgers ... weird I know ...I'm a chicken & salad gal :hungry:
2-LOVE the wood carved headboard! "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" is one of my absolute favorites!!!
Next to "Danny Boy" (aka DH):inlove:
3-Your family is adorable!!! I ALWAYS enjoy reading your TR's!!! Love your DH ... my hubby is truly just as sweet as yours ... my DH would have called for a taxi too OR walked them to their destination!! We are blessed.
4-We vacationed in DL 2004. One of our BEST vacays ever!!! We all still talk about it & hope to go back ... I need to see Radiator Springs & Disney Family Museum ;)
5-How awesome to meet up with WDWMagic peeps/friends:cool: One day I will meet fellow WDW Magic peeps!!!
6-LOVE your honesty!!! That's what makes your TR so fun. Hate that you had hot/windy weather but you were a trooper!!
7-Can't wait to read/see more ... thank you for bringing us along & helping me to relive some good times:)

PolynesianPrincess

The BBQ'ing goat! I soooo wanna tell you but it's kinda @derelicte19 & @TiggerLuv18 's story to tell so I don't wanna kill it for them. Hilarious, tho! I'm sure Darolyn will tell it at some point. We're still totally having fun with that one. And "Five Guys is BETTER!!!" :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

@Tiggerish since I don't know if I'll get my TR done before the turn of the next century (haha) I'll tell you the goat story now:

Ashley and I went on BTMRR the second night of our trip. I think Kelly explained that as you climb the second lift hill, there is a goat on the rocks to your right. He is holding a stick of dynamite in his mouth. Well when we got off the ride, we were discussing it and how cool it was and I said "That goat though on the second hill, I thought he was holding a carrot in his mouth!" which might actually make SOME sense (do goats like carrots?) because the end of the dynamite looked kind of like the stem of a carrot. Well, without skipping a beat Ashley goes "Well, I thought he was holding prongs for the grill!" and she holds her pointer and middle finger out like prongs. I stopped and looked at her with a total blank stare like did she say what I think she just said? And then Ashley goes "he was ready for a BBQ!" and we both burst out laughing! Why the heck would a goat be holding grill prongs?!?! I suppose with all the explosions in the mine and stuff he could grill up a tasty burger or something!

Goofy6294

Tracey read your response and was all, "OH! Where do they live?!" We miss Louisiana soooo much! It's been a few years since we've been to San Antonio. We took the boys over to Sea World one summer. I guess that was 2008. It was like maybe a month later we had to evacuate for Hurricane Gustav so we went over to the Hyatt Hill Country. They gave us a killer rate and that's a super nice resort. One could vacation there without ever leaving! We've also been to the Alamo and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Riverwalk. On a seperate trip we went to New Braunfels where the originial Schlitterbahn is located. It was just a short trip just to spend a full day at the waterpark. New Braunfels is actually more in between San Antonio and Austin. I personally thought it was okay. I understand why it gets such raves on the Travel Channel. The park is actually split into 2 sections. The first section is the original park location. Some of the original slides are fed naturally so the water is crazy cold. My inlaws pointed out which ones and I didn't do those. Schlitterbahn wanted to expand the park at some point so they bought another plot nearby but it's not linked the way you would think. You have to take a little tram to the other half or hike it. Well, on a hot day the last thing I want to do is get inside a damp, hot little tram. It wasn't fun to hike it. I wasn't overly pleased because of the limitations of the layout. In fact, it was irritating to me. We ended up spending more time relaxing with the inlaws and other family in the cabana my mother-in-law rented and letting the kids go do whatever. I really like the layout of the Schlitterbahn in Galveston near us much better. It's smaller, granted, but everything is more accessible and there's no divide between the park sections. It's all right there. And I love that I can get on the "river" and float to all sides of the park. You just hop out near whatever you want to do or hop back and to float back over to the entry point nearest your "camp spot".
"

We live in Thibodaux. I remember for Gustav we evacuated "north" to Baton Rouge which ended up having more damage than back home. We're actually going to stay at one of the Schlitterbahn resorts for a night while in San Antonio to take advantage of the extra hours available to those that stay on-site. It's funny how you can take the tips learned from a WDW trip and apply to them to so many other events. We even did "rope drop" at our local fair recently to hit the rides before the lines got too long!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
FINALLY caught up ... phew:D What a fabulous TR!!! I don't even know where to start.
1-Not a fan of any burgers ... weird I know ...I'm a chicken & salad gal :hungry:
2-LOVE the wood carved headboard! "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" is one of my absolute favorites!!!
Next to "Danny Boy" (aka DH):inlove:
3-Your family is adorable!!! I ALWAYS enjoy reading your TR's!!! Love your DH ... my hubby is truly just as sweet as yours ... my DH would have called for a taxi too OR walked them to their destination!! We are blessed.
4-We vacationed in DL 2004. One of our BEST vacays ever!!! We all still talk about it & hope to go back ... I need to see Radiator Springs & Disney Family Museum ;)
5-How awesome to meet up with WDWMagic peeps/friends:cool: One day I will meet fellow WDW Magic peeps!!!
6-LOVE your honesty!!! That's what makes your TR so fun. Hate that you had hot/windy weather but you were a trooper!!
7-Can't wait to read/see more ... thank you for bringing us along & helping me to relive some good times:)

I ate a ton of salads on our trip to California. With the heat I found that I didn't want anything heavy.

That headboard was awesome. I loved that room. It was perfectly us.

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy our trip reports. I love having people along. Yep, our gentlemanly hubbies are the bestest!

You DO need to see Radiator Springs. There's no other way to describe it other than it feels like you stepped into the movie. I want to go to the Disney Family Museum, too!

WDWMagic friends + vacation is soooo much fun! We love it!

Well thank you. I appreciate honesty when I read so I hope others appreciate it when I write. I still get miffed when I think of our misfortune with the weather. Maybe next time we'll get that perfect wonderful SoCal weather!

I've got to get this thing finished, I know! Thanks for sticking with me!

Just spent the past couple of hours reading the TR. DL looks awesome! I really need to get out there and see it

Yes, Joanna, you DO need to get out to California! It's amazing!

We live in Thibodaux. I remember for Gustav we evacuated "north" to Baton Rouge which ended up having more damage than back home. We're actually going to stay at one of the Schlitterbahn resorts for a night while in San Antonio to take advantage of the extra hours available to those that stay on-site. It's funny how you can take the tips learned from a WDW trip and apply to them to so many other events. We even did "rope drop" at our local fair recently to hit the rides before the lines got too long!

Cool! We know some folks from Thibodaux! Yeah, Gustav was the hurricane that turned and missed us. I was like 2 days post-op when we had to evacuate. I was not happy. Then a few weeks later Ike got us. We had more damage from Ike than we did with our house in Covington for Katrina. Go figure.

I guess I didn't know the New Braunfels Schlitterbahn did the extra hours for onsite guests. Or maybe I did and forgot. After that one time going there I've never looked at going back. We have season passes to the location in Galveston. And, YES! We use our Disney parks lessons all over. On cruises we're usually waiting at the doors for the theaters to open for the shows. Gotta get the seats we want. We do "rope drop" at Schlitterbahn in Galveston all the time. Get in, stake our spot, hit the popular slides that will get the long lines, then relax on the river or nap in the shade until the crowds start to thin. In fact, I'll prob'ly be hitting up Schlitterbahn a few days next week. ;)

Love it. Makes me wanna visit Cali even more now <3

Go if you can! It's definitely worthwhile!

Waiting...... waiting for an update...... :rolleyes: LOL! I want to read more adventures about my favorite Texans!

Okay okay! I'll get this thing done. We're only sorta Texan. We've been here for 7 years now and I'm just now getting where I might be okay with being Texan. Real Texan's will say we're not. Well, Tracey is since he was born here. Getting to work....

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Thursday, May 1, 2014 - I went to hell and walked back out like a boss!

I woke up early and immediately wished I was dead. All those yummy cocktails from last night were dancing in and on my head mercilessly. I had a terrible headache and my stomach was not well. All the dust in the air had my sinuses throwing fits, too. Tracey gave me sinus meds, 4 Advil, and made me choke down a full bottle of water. Forcing down the water made me feel super pukey. Ugh.

Brian was no more anxious to get up than I was. We stayed in bed while Tracey & Chandler took off to Tangaroa Terrace for breakfast then to Disneyland.

Brian and I got moving around 10:00 or so. I definitely was taking it slow. We were out of the room just after 11:00. We took the monorail from DtD over to Tomorrowland. But first lemme take a selfie! Instagram of me & Brian on the monorail:

The inbound monorail ride circles over the Nemo Subs which were down for refurb. The lagoon is empty and the subs are all sitting near the load area. I snapped some pics with my iPhone.

Oddly, we never saw a single worker in this area in all our rides on the monorail all week. Weird.

We met Tracey & Chandler by the monorail exit then made our way towards Fantasyland.

Oooooh, a yeti footprint casting from the mountain! Oooooooohhhhh....

We got right into line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The rest of my family had no memories from the Mr. Toad in Florida but I sure did. I was so psyched to finally get to ride this again. We had about a 20 minute wait which I happily spent sipping more bottled water and taking entirely too many pictures.

The facade in Florida was never this cool!

I love the statue! And Tracey, too, of course!

Too cool toadin'...

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I loved the details just in the front load & entry area.

Behind the vehicles at the load area.

Oh yes. I remember these.

I failed miserably at getting any pics while we were in motion. It is a wild ride, ya know. This is pretty much the craptasticness I got:

Our wild ride took us to hell.

And riiiiight after I took my crappy hell picture the ride stopped. We sat there a few minutes and I started thinking about how of course it would be MY luck that I'd get stuck in flippin' hell because it's not hot as hell enough outside....I can't escape it even INSIDE.... We sat there a few minutes then the lights came on. See?

So we're sitting there in hell with the lights on and I whip out my cell phone because the thing to do while stuck in hell is, of course, selfies!

Instagram! Selfie with Brian in hell!

Then, we got an evac! Yep. I went to hell and walked out like a boss. My cool factor knows no bounds. Bask in the glory. :cool::cool::cool:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
This is behind the exit/unload.

I hadn't thought of Mr. Toad in a long time. I kinda miss the fella. I know the story in the attraction probably doesn't mean a lot to my kids but it meant a lot to me that we all were able to ride that together.

Next we hopped in the Snow White line. I wanted to wait for the wicked queen to open the curtains in the window up here but there were people behind me wanting to get in line.

The line was about 20-25 minutes. At least it was mostly inside out of the sun and there was cool stuff to look at.

Note the crow's shadow in the corridor on the right. When it crowed it moved. It's the little things, ya know?

This is behind the unload/load.

My on-ride pics weren't too swooft but I get points for trying.

This one I sorta like.

Weird. Almost dreamy the way some things focus while others are in motion.

Hey! Another end of report contender???

Did that ending seem abrupt to you? It WAS. The story goes along then BAM! It's over. At the end I was like, "Wait! I wasn't ready yet!" Oh well. As we were leaving this little guy was giving us the stink-eye. The crow, not the CM. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I was feeling quite a bit improved having had 2 or 3 more bottles of water since I got out of bed. Now hunger was setting in. We decided to walk over to Cafe Orleans to see if we could score a table for lunch. On the way over I snapped this lovely little pic.

Here it is.

We had a 15 minute wait for a table on the patio. It was quite warm in even in the shade but we were hungry so whatever. I had to try the famous Pommes Frittes. They were super yummy!

It was so warm out. Even as hungry as I was I couldn't bring myself to eat anything heavy or hot. I had this salad from the appetizer menu and it was perfect.

The boys both tried the three cheese Monte Cristo. Neither really cared for it. I felt bad for them. I didn't take a pic of it. Sorry. Honestly, it was much too warm for anything warm or heavy like that. The regular Monte Cristo (served both here and at Blue Bayou) is better by far but not on a hot day when sitting outside.

After lunch we took the train from Orleans Square to Tomorrowland.

Then we took the monorail from Tomorrowland back to DtD. One of the differences between the WDW monorails and the DL monorails is air conditioning. Typically, California doesn't need the a/c, I guess. The windows open. That's your a/c. Well, today would've been a good day for air conditioning because riding in the monorail was like riding in an oven.

It was about 2:00 when we returned to our room. The outside temp was this:

Back at the room we took cat naps, lazed around, watched tv, and relaxed while we waited for the temps to start dropping off again. Tracey & I walked down to Tangaroa Terrace at about 4:00 to see if they had any snacky stuff that appealed. The temperature had peaked at 97F. Nice.

These coconut cakes were the BEST thing ever. They're cold, refreshing, and light. Perfection.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We regrouped then headed back out towards the parks just after 5:00. Once the sun started to drop the temperature fell off pretty quickly. There was also a decent breeze from the west which helped a lot, too. We took the monorail from DtD back to Tomorrowland. We then tried to catch a train from Tomorrowland around to New Orleans Square but the line was massive. We watched 2 trains come & go without much room for departing passengers on either one. So, we walked across to New Orleans Square to see if the rafts to Pirate's Lair (former Tom Sawyer Island) were closed for the day. They were. So, sat down for a pretzel snack to figure out what to do next.

Instagram!

We haven't seen the treehouse yet. Let's do that! At DL the treehouse is themed to Tarzan!

"mind thy head"

I loved the use of "books" to tell the story as you progressed through the tree(s).

The views were pretty sweet, too.

Brian's room *may* or *may not* resemble this minus the screaming cat, of course.

More story.

Such a neat place to explore.

TheMouseFan

It's funny that you added more to your report today, as I was just thinking of you and this thread this evening. We happened to have dinner at Five Guys, and my husband and the kids were discussing what he had on his burger. One of them asked about mayo, and Brian turned his nose up and said "you don't put mayo on a burger!" He looked at me like I was crazy when I started laughing, and I had to explain the discussion that happened on this thread!:D Anyhow, loving the update and can't wait to read more!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The sketch on the easel was animated. You watched it being sketched out.

Steer us out of the trees, good sir!

Handsome scenery, too! These 2 used to love to watch Tarzan.

Jane's camp.

I spy with my little eye.....Mrs. Potts and Chip!

More camp.

Such a beautiful finish.

We hadn't been on Pinocchio's Daring Journey yet so that was next. As we wandered that way I snapped a few pics. Love BTMRR!

We never did go back into the roundup area. Just didn't seem like the thing to do. But the banner was nice anyway.

Here we are!

I didn't write down how long we waited but I'm sure if the line was much more than 20-30 minutes we wouldn't have gotten in it. Behind the load area:

On-ride pics just aren't my thing. This one was okay.

But then this one was so bad I figured I'd hang it up and turned the camera off.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It's funny that you added more to your report today, as I was just thinking of you and this thread this evening. We happened to have dinner at Five Guys, and my husband and the kids were discussing what he had on his burger. One of them asked about mayo, and Brian turned his nose up and said "you don't put mayo on a burger!" He looked at me like I was crazy when I started laughing, and I had to explain the discussion that happened on this thread!:D Anyhow, loving the update and can't wait to read more!
LOL! This is awesome! First, Five Guys is better! I don't care how terrible it sounds anymore. LOL! I believe I may have stumbled across one of those divisions in humanity: those who eat mayo on a burger and those who do not. I need to be writing these things down for future reference. :p

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The shade was nice back here. If only there was 1/4 as many people. It'd be perfect.

The castle may not be massive but it's beautiful. The details are lovely. And, hey, it's pink. That kicks it up 3 or 12 notches right there.

So, yeah, there was a good bit of people in DL this evening.

We decided there wasn't really anything else in DL that was open that we wanted to do so we hopped over to DCA. It's such a long, arduous journey all. the. way. across the esplanade! I love that part.

On our way in I made the guys humor me with a little family photopass shoot with the Storyteller's statue.

Brian didn't get to ride Mike & Sully to the Rescue yet so we had to rectify that.

But first! Family selfie!

The taxis in Monstropolis are plentiful as they are spacious.

Celia & Mike! Sittin' in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

"It picked me up with it's mind powers and shook me like a dawg!"

Boo!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Mike Wazowski, didn't your mother ever tell you if you make that face it might just stick that way???

Well, this looks important.

I love hearing Boo singing.

It's just not a trip to Monstropolis without Roz giving you the hairy eye and fussing at you on the way out.

After Monsters the fellas were feeling a bit munchy so we stopped for a couple snacks. Brian had one of his all-time favorites: the turkey/emu leg. He shared a little with me, too.

And Tracey found a corn on the cobb. He loves corn on the cobb.

What a combination, huh? Instagram or it didn't happen!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the trolleys really add a lot to this area of the park. Truly.

The facades are amazing but the shade is the true glory here.

We cut through Bugsland to Carsland.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Hey! We haven't been on Luigi's Flying Tires yet!

Oh! A mirror! Let's see how bad I can wreck a @HollyBelle classic. And what's with the way I'm holding my water? Like a trophy???

Chandler admired stuff in here. He said something about Chip Foose rims but I can't see if the Foose emblem is on the one on the left. Tracey's dad has Foose rims on his classic Ford Falcon so I know what the center emblem looks like.

A topiary Indy car. It's a little rough but you can tell what it is.

I had read about the tires and tips on how best to get them to "fly". I tried to explain it to the guys while we were in line. I told the boys they should get their own tires because Chandler would boss Brian around and fuss then Brian would get fed up with catching crap from his big brother and start cursing. Depending on what would fall out of his mouth, a fistfight could possibly ensue. I don't think Disney would take kindly to me running across the floor to go separate the boys so solo tires was important. Chandler & Brian are the 2 solo guys furthest out in the center of this picture.

To "steer" your tire you need to lean the direction you want to fly. Don't lean too much or you'll just tip and drag. If you want to move fast lean gently then feel how far you can push in that direction before the tire starts to tip. Here's Brian backing up.

Chandler is on the attack!

It seems so simplistic. It's easy to underestimate just how fun this is! Look at Brian's face! He's having a blast! There's Chandler all the way on the left leaning off to the side & back.

Tracey & I rode together because we work together well as a team. We sat close and wrapped our arms around behind each other. This way, we leaned together in unison which made our tire "fly" with success! So FUN!

After our flight the neon was starting to come on.

Sounds like a good time to hit up the Cozy Cones...but what to have???

This sounds about right.

Brian approved.

I do love those Cozy Cone details. Cones a-plenty!

Even the tables and the lights are cone-ified!

We got our soft serve then hopped in the posted 55 minute standby line for Radiator Springs Racers at 7:45. The park was due to close at 8:00. That should work out nicely. The line only ended up being about 45 minutes which was nice. In line:

Before we got in our car we agreed to do the "I'm okay" classic for the on-ride pictures. I swear, I'm going to have to bring post-it notes to write these things down for Tracey and staple it to his forehead!

Little did we know this would be our last RSRs ride for the trip. :bawling:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom