Trip Report Go west they said. The weather is so perfect you'll never want to leave they said.

Greetings to all my Disney-fied, Pixie Dust-fried friends! Yep, it's that time again...moving on to the next adventure. This time we finally went west for our glorious (or not-so-glorious?) return to Disney parks.

The particulars:

Who? Me, Tracey (DH, @Sweetpee's Sugar Daddy), Chandler (DS18, @casutton96), & Brian (DS16)

What? Disneyland Resort family vacation

Where? Disneyland Hotel / Disneyland / California

When? April 26, 2104 - May 3, 2014

I'm not feeling extra wordy at the moment (rare, I know) so let's get started....

MDactor1980

Thank you for a fantastic TR!!! I am planning a trip for me and DH, and another couple who are good friends of ours for April 2015. I'm going to keep checking my notes against your TR as we continue planning!

I was also interested in your wrap-up. I totally see what you say about the frenetic WDW vacations. I still love the parks, and our idea has always been to pop down for a weekend, do only 2 parks, and we have made it an annual tradition. We've normally gone in January, and even thought it's MLK weekend, the park isn't dreadfully crowded. We prefer this to the week-long marathon of a 7 day stay in the summer.

We're going on our first cruise in December (though not DCL), so maybe I have yet to get seduced by the laidback cruising idea of vacation. We'll see!

Thanks again for a great report!

GatorAsh

Hey! It's Disneyfied_ash from Insta. I just returned from my first trip to DLR and one thing I couldn't get over was the motorcycles driving up the middle lines in the roads! It happened so much that it MUST be legal! Crazy!!

draybook

I don't know HOW in the world I missed this TR but it sure is making me homesick........

Another well done TR! Definitely going to continue reading it tomorrow!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hey! It's Disneyfied_ash from Insta. I just returned from my first trip to DLR and one thing I couldn't get over was the motorcycles driving up the middle lines in the roads! It happened so much that it MUST be legal! Crazy!!

It's called 'lane splitting' and yes, it's legal in Cali for motorcycles.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Wasn't that freaky?! Scared me to death! 'Round here (in Texas) ya don't wanna get so close to other people's personal space. People get shot for that! LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I don't know HOW in the world I missed this TR but it sure is making me homesick........

Another well done TR! Definitely going to continue reading it tomorrow!!

Thanks, Dray! It was truly an adventure. I can definitely see how California has a lot to offer. I think if we hadn't had the misfortune of the Santa Ana's I prob'ly would've fell madly in love. Unfortunately, I was too irrate for that. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It's called 'lane splitting' and yes, it's legal in Cali for motorcycles.

First time it scared me. I'm not used to someone getting so close. Second time I was thinking "I should watch for the next one and open the truck door...." Third time I was thinking "This must be legal or something." LOL!

joshsprincess921

We lived in the New Orleans area for like 10 years. Love love love Raising Canes. I don't even want to see the nutritional values of anything they serve. I know it'll be terrible. Ignorance will remain bliss here, by God!

Oh! Where is the Burgersmith in BR?? We pass thru going from Houston to Alabama or Florida often. We got where we stopped at the VooDoo BBQ near the Bass Pro out near Millerville(?) Rd. because it's not too far off the interstate. Mostly it depends on traffic. We all try to time our departure here to hit BR at juuuust the right time so we don't get caught in the I-10/I-12 parking lots. Grrrrr!!!

Psh, yeah! Coat fries in Tony's. That's always an equation for slap me I'm in heaven. LOL!

It's been awhile and I don't think I ever responded to this!
Burgersmith is right off of Acadian, take a right and it's in the shopping center on the corner of Acadian/Perkins. I'm craving a burger from there now!

I used to live right near the Bass Pro. BR traffic is a nightmare. I work downtown near the Capital and now live in Gonzales, so I'm cursing my way home daily, but not nearly as much when I lived out in Denham!

seattlemousers

I so enjoy reading your trip reports!!! As I'm reading I realized we were in Disneyland at the same time! My hubby surprised me for the weekend. He took care of it all, child care, canceling an appointment, plane ticket...all I had to do was pack and catch a plane! Would of been cool to bump into you.

MMDVC

Wow great to read this trip report. Started last night woke up in the middle of the night and read for awhile and finished while waiting 4 hours for my car to be repaired. It is always interesting to read any trip report. Even tho I have been to these places ( DL & WDW) so many times it amazes to always see something that I missed and need to remember for next visit. I def need coconut cake and back side of water to wash it down apparently!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom