Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

1939416_10151982553587038_1132239121254564766_n.jpg

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

PUSH

Original Poster
I know what we're doing tomorrow. We went to the "Peep Show" today and then promptly bought out the local grocery store supply of peeps (at half price). Plans are in place to enter one of the contests next year.

For those not familiar.... http://www.carrollcountyartscouncil.org/aa_peepshow.asp

Sometimes I am very proud of this area.
My college started something like this this year. They had a Peep art contest, and students who entered had to create a diorama themed to our college using Peeps. Other props were accepted. Some of them were very creative! One was a stand of Peeps at a basketball game with our mascot crowd surfing through them.

StarWarsGirl

I know what we're doing tomorrow. We went to the "Peep Show" today and then promptly bought out the local grocery store supply of peeps (at half price). Plans are in place to enter one of the contests next year.

For those not familiar.... http://www.carrollcountyartscouncil.org/aa_peepshow.asp

Sometimes I am very proud of this area.
I saw that on the news the other day!:joyfull: I have class tomorrow (but it is the last week of classes, so...) but it should be interesting to watch on the news

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
My college started something like this this year. They had a Peep art contest, and students who entered had to create a diorama themed to our college using Peeps. Other props were accepted. Some of them were very creative! One was a stand of Peeps at a basketball game with our mascot crowd surfing through them.

One of the displays/competitors was an NCAA Men's Basketball bracket with Peeps decorated/dressed to represent each of the 68 schools. Whoever had made it had also contacted the teams and had some pictures from the schools with Peeps in signature locations on campus (or in the case of Kentucky being held by the coach, John Calipari).

I saw that on the news the other day!:joyfull: I have class tomorrow (but it is the last week of classes, so...) but it should be interesting to watch on the news

There are four large rooms filled with Peep displays. And a movie theatre showing short films that are in competition (of course, all starring Peeps). Awesome Easter morning experience.

StarWarsGirl

I don't need Myers Briggs to tell me I'm an introvert. Got a Facebook invitation to an event and my initial reaction is, "No, don't want to" before I thought it through and hit "maybe" instead because a couple of my friends who I don't see much may be going.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, my little bit of yard work turned out to be quite a bit more.

With a hacksaw only, I cut down 3 large bushes, 2 - 8' Rose of Sharon trees, and one very large, very unhealthy pine tree.
I was a little concerned that Hubby would flip when he got home, but he was pretty cool about it. With the help of a rip saw (?), the garden snips and the most awesome (slightly drunk) next door neighbour, the three of us got all the branches cut, root balls dug out, and everything bagged.

So much more to do.

Pretty sure I won't be able to move tomorrow, though.

NYwdwfan

JR Celski, Lindsay Vonn (she was injured), Shani Davis (had to Google his first name), Sage Kotsenburg, Meryl Davis, Charlie White, Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner... and I've run out of them. Oh, Ted Ligety and Bode Miller. That is all.

Julia Mancuso. I can name the hockey players too but they more than "just" Olympians so it's not surprising.

Easter Basket for Sageteers
View attachment 51659

No rhubarb?

StarWarsGirl

With a hacksaw only, I cut down 3 large bushes, 2 - 8' Rose of Sharon trees, and one very large, very unhealthy pine tree.
I was a little concerned that Hubby would flip when he got home, but he was pretty cool about it. With the help of a rip saw (?), the garden snips and the most awesome (slightly drunk) next door neighbour, the three of us got all the branches cut, root balls dug out, and everything bagged.

So much more to do.

When you're done, there's a huge pile of mulch sitting in our driveway...

NYwdwfan

So much more to do.

How on earth did you dig out root balls in frozen Canadian soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom