The Spirit Takes the Fifth ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Ok, I will try and change the subject again back to Disney. I saw Saving Mr. Banks last night. I really enjoyed the film. I couldn't help but to think the executives running Disney today could have learned a few lessons from Walt when they were dealing with JK Rowling. I will not post any spoilers. Go see it, its a great film.

Spoilers? Kind ofhard to break a spoiler, unless of course folk never heard any ref to the singing nanny on stage screen and WDW attraction. :angelic:

Goofyernmost

No, because I make it very obvious that I'm joking around. If those people can't laugh at a joke then the joke is on them!
There is a location for that. It's call Chit Chat, not that I'm trying to direct you there. When you chose a thread that is mostly serious discussion it will not be initially interpreted as a "joke". If posting garbage here is what you consider a sense of humor... you have to know your audience. First rule of comedy.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Very true, but the last few threads have been more "I'll say something later" than ever saying something. I just do not see the point in saying "I can't say" without prompt.
No argument there. But, on the flip side, we also know he's good for it....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ok, I will try and change the subject again back to Disney. I saw Saving Mr. Banks last night. I really enjoyed the film. I couldn't help but to think the executives running Disney today could have learned a few lessons from Walt when they were dealing with JK Rowling. I will not post any spoilers. Go see it, its a great film.

Saw it last night as well. Wife insisted on it instead of frozen. I love a film where the words and actors are what move you and pull you in.

ParentsOf4

Which is atypical for a Disney release, but good for a change.

After an opening day weekend of less than $10 million (including a week of limited release before) its now grossed $53 million in the US so word of mouth is getting around.
My teenagers saw Saving Mr. Banks last night with their friends and really liked it.

They had gone to other releases the week before, the ones you'd expect teenagers to go to during Christmas break. Now they're looking at what's left and Saving Mr. Banks bubbled up to the top of the list.

Maybe it will have legs.

PhotoDave219

Do we have any word on anymore repercussions and fallout from the Magic band fiasco that's currently happening?

According to... Well something… that somehow came in my possession, property why it was expecting anywhere between 170-185000 people in the past few days. (That's a solid number that was forecast) I don't have my average breakdowns in front of me based on the last estimates… so I really want to put this in an appropriate context. Rough estimate that I can come up with in the car suggests 125000 is about what the average daily attendance would be. (Assuming 45 for Magic Kingdom, 25 for DAK/DHS & 30 for Epcot. Tea estimates divided by 365 is where I'm getting those numbers from & from memory.) in short, it was busy.

So what we know about the Board of Directors new guy from Twitter? Is this a good?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So… Now that we're done with people being attention whores…

Do we have any word on anymore repercussions and fallout from the Magic band fiasco that's currently happening?

According to... Well something… that somehow came in my possession, property why it was expecting anywhere between 170-185000 people in the past few days. (That's a solid number that was forecast) I don't have my average breakdowns in front of me based on the last estimates… so I really want to put this in an appropriate context. Rough estimate that I can come up with in the car suggests 125000 is about what the average daily attendance would be. (Assuming 45 for Magic Kingdom, 25 for DAK/DHS & 30 for Epcot. Tea estimates divided by 365 is where I'm getting those numbers from & from memory.) in short, it was busy.

So what we know about the Board of Directors new guy from Twitter? Is this a good?
Those are big numbers for what was in the past was a dead time. Pre-kids we did several trips to WDW the week after New Years. Really anywhere that attracts kids, the best time to go is the week after NewYears. After having the kids home almost 2 weeks nobody is taking them out of school that week. We did several ski trips to Vermont and New Hampshire that week too. Literally empty. I think this is just another example of not having true "down times" anymore. They could be running specials or foreign visitors who knows why, but traditional down times seem to be a lot more crowded. My 2 cents anyway.

Anybody with a shred of IT background on BOD has to be good right? TWDC needs help.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Those are big numbers for what was in the past was a dead time. Pre-kids we did several trips to WDW the week after New Years.

But the calendar this year is conducive to travel this years since the 2nd was on Thursday - meaning only 2 days to take off and you get a week+

And this time has been busy prior years at wdw and dlr.

Funmeister

My sister just told me she's taking me to WDW on Monday. Quick, I need a list of everything I must do and inspect....

- EC backstage monorail footing
- Imagination project clues
- Soaring over the Horizon clues
- 7DMC progress
- DHS expansion project clues (including Star Wars)

... What else should I be looking for?

Remember when people used to go to theme parks for fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom