Disney Christmas Parade! Whats your take?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am getting a bit irritated with the trend of turning Darth Vader into comic relief. I wish every once in while they would let him choke the life out of someone with the force or impale them with a light saber.

Well he did start to choke out NPH at the end on the Jungle Cruise...it was still done in comic style.

I liked NPH hosting, but I kept expecting to see Harold and Kumar pop up somewhere with a giant joint and some little burgers.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Look at the comparison and tell me which one looks more enjoyable to watch..
1987's parade

VS.

2012's Parade..

The 2012 version is big, flashy, and camera shots cutting everywhere, and definitely more high tech, but I will take 1987 version any day. Goes to show that bigger isnt always better. Sweet hair Joan! and young Allen Thicke,.. if we could only warn you what Miley will be doing to your son in about 25 years!

Animaniac93-98

I am getting a bit irritated with the trend of turning Darth Vader into comic relief. I wish every once in while they would let him choke the life out of someone with the force or impale them with a light saber.

That would be much too scary for the children. Instead, Disney's Disney Darth Vader is friendly for tots of all ages.

And you know, he's not really bad, just misunderstood. As we'll find out in 2015 when Angelina Jolie plays him in Episode 7.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Neil Patrick Harris did a great job. Nick Cannon, on the other hand...

The performances were all meh, except Demi Lovato who was hideous. She should never be allowed to sing Let It Go ever again. They should have just gotten Idina Menzel to sing it.

Even back when the parade was live, it was always a huge commercial for Disney, so I'm not sure why that surprises people. Of course, in the past, they had exciting new attractions to preview, not magic bands.

It was fun seeing some of my entertainment cast member friends on TV.

I enjoyed it a great deal for what it was.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom