FastPass+ restricted to 1 major attraction at Epcot

Hot Lava

That is exactly why I went in today and printed out a copy of all of mine to take with me!

That assumes the WDW will care or be bothered to honor your previous FP+ reservations. It isn't a legal contract. So they may just decide to wipe out and take a "too bad, so sad, this is the way it is" attitude to the old reservations. I would not be surprised to see this happen.

GeekDad

I must say and I don't want to be negative and I would like to give this a chance but MM+ is fast making me less excited for my trip next year.. I liked the legacy FP system if it isn't broken (which I don't believe it was) it didn't need fixing. I understand the MagicBands and they do have some benefits but FP+ in particular is worrying me.
I would not say the old system was perfect so im glad they are looking into other things. I disliked the fact that in order to get a FP for TSMM I would have to make a b-line for it in the morning and wait in a long line to get it or hope I could get one mid morning that would probably be for the end of the day. Also i like that I can schedule my FP+ around my ADRs or any other plans I have. On my upcoming trip we will hop from Epcot to HS later in the day so i setup fp+ for some HS rides in the late afternoon/evening. I don't like the current change to Epcot FP+ but if this program truely makes less people go then maybe I won't need to worry about fast passes lol.

I'm not blind to the fact that there are issues and I know some people will still not like the system even if it was issue free but in the end they can't make everyone happy. At least they are attempting to make some changes that they hope will be for the better. Granted like most people I wish it was new attractions without removing older attractions but oh well

Nubs70

That assumes the WDW will care or be bothered to honor your previous FP+ reservations. It isn't a legal contract. So they may just decide to wipe out and take a "too bad, so sad, this is the way it is" attitude to the old reservations. I would not be surprised to see this happen.
While not a contract, you would have claim of detrimental reliance.

stevehousse

Have not heard of them wiping FP for Epcot to for the new "regulations"???

When I did my picks I was able to secure Maelstrom, TT, and Soarin with no problem. We are leaving in 8 days, so this seems like something new for those who didn't make their selections early like I did...

JerseyDad

....sort of glad I went to WDW at the end of August and was a FP+ guinea pig ...and got to pick-n-choose whatever I wanted then. But, on a personal preference note ...I also hated the darn thing. TOO much planning ...and yes ...while it's nice to have a FP for a desired ride ... I did feel "locked" into the park in order to utilize the thing.

JerseyDad

hmmm - never heard of that one. Would LOVE a laymans explanation of "detrimental reliance" (I have no idea what it is, but it SOUNDS like I should).

......as simply as I can ...and as I remember it .... its a term used (in the area of the law) to force another to perform their obligations under a contract. It's all part of the "theory" of promissory estoppel (a legal device that prohibits the one making a promise from denying the existence of a contract for lack of consideration (ie: money ..etc) ...which applies when...
  • A promise was made by one party to another (WDW giving a FP for expedited access to a ride, etc)
  • Relying on the promise and that it would be kept was a reasonable assumption (for the person that was promised something...they made plans / arrangements around the FP)
  • There's a reliance on the promise that was made ...and it being kept (self explanatory)
  • The reliance on the promise was detrimental (if the FP wasn't honored ...hardship may be experienced because of plans, reservations, etc ...at least that's how I see it)
  • An injustice against the party that was promised something can only be prevented from occurring by the enforcement of the promise that was made. ("give me my previously issued FP access! or I'll be "damaged")

....engineering curriculum schools make you take construction contract law class(es).

(it just struck me ....I wonder if the same angle can be taken by those persons that were expecting to have a GAC ...forever ...and now ....don't (in it's original form)?

jheltz27

I just checked mine for 12/4 and they are still there for TT, Soarin & M:S as I made them weeks ago. Now if I tried to change it gave me the option of only picking 1 major one. Not cool. Took pics of all of our selections for the week just in case. I did notice one day at the MK said one of the selections was "unknown"? Also it won't let me make a FP for Kali River Rapids at all that week even though it doesn't show up on any official refurb lists.

Texas84

Just tried and I was restricted. Oh well. Our November party will all be military tickets or APs. Double-dipping for us.

Hot Lava

Thanks JerseyDad :). While "detrimental reliance" may not be right up there with a contract breach, it DOES tend to sound like a "compensate me" argument :).
Well, it is a contract breach, even if it is a situation where there is no written contract. In that situtation, basically a contact is imposed by a court. But all the necessary elements of a contract must be there. No contract, no DR.

darthspielberg

I got locked out of my account recently (they changed what was required for my login. Neato) and i expected to see some sort of missing FP+ reservations, but at the moment, my Epcot bookings made before this new system are still in place. All three of them are considered Tier 1

G00fyDad

I saw several people try this. They took screenshots of FP+'s they made (and I can only assume they changed them later) and tried showing the CM's. The CM's did not care. They had FP's for something else and it was showing in the system. The CM informed them of this and did not honor the screenshot information. A couple of people had no FP reservations in the system, but they had screenshots. The CM's still did not allow it.

awoogala

Well, it is a contract breach, even if it is a situation where there is no written contract. In that situtation, basically a contact is imposed by a court. But all the necessary elements of a contract must be there. No contract, no DR.
I'm sure somewhere in the TOS, there is some type of cya language that allows them to change or alter fp+ at any time, etc.

Hot Lava

I'm sure somewhere in the TOS, there is some type of cya language that allows them to change or alter fp+ at any time, etc.

Which is what I said in an earlier post. I cannot imagine the extraordinary circumstance under which you could get something like that to stick against Disney. And even if you somehow managed it, their army of lawyers would just drag it on for years and years.

ABQ

So far, my FP+ reservations are still there, two different EPCOT days with at least a TT and Soarin', but I won't be surprised if they change. Guess I'll just be prepared to pout, what else can you do?

MeandMickey

I think I'm the only one who thinks all this planning Disney is forcing guests to do will backfire and get them off property.

"Since we have all our FP+ reservations in the evening at Epcot, let's spend the day at SeaWorld or Universal."

When people start getting into this highly detailed level of planning, it becomes easier to squeeze in things you hadn't planned. If management at Universal is smart, they would start exploiting that.

I can't agree with you more! If my day is planned so much and I can't enjoy roaming the parks and doing things as I want to, then I can just show up at my "allotted" time and "do" what is on my itinerary. I won't have to get up early to enjoy the parks so I won't buy breakfast there, I won't have to shop there since I will head straight to my scheduled rides, I can skip lunch in the parks since I can now take a nap and go off property to get some grub. Then I can just relax by the pool and think how my trip sucked because I didn't get to do that much this time. Forget table service dinner! That already is a headache and a half. I always liked Universal and my kids both love Sea World. I really hate to say this, but if our trip in December is unbearable, it looks like we will be visiting these other parks more frequently and watching Disney in the rear view mirror. It's been good knowing you Mickey. Call me when you have an appointment available and I will see if my schedule it clear.

JohnD

FP+ should be OK at MK but the problem is glaringly obvious at Epcot, DHS, and DAK: good ride capacity stinks!

Yep. I used FP+ for my 11/11 day at AK. I picked Safaris, Everest, and Dinosaur. Whose going to pick anything else? Tough to be a Bug, Lion King, Nemo? Those are shows. Just show up with the other several hundred. Maybe Rapids but after one ride, you realize it's very short and, speaking for myself, don't have a desire to go back on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom