Haunted mansion addition?

mguimond1990

Original Poster
I was watching some newly released videos of the haunted mansion ride at DL. I thought it was so neat that they added a nightmare before Christmas holiday element to it. It got me wondering why they haven't done anything like that at WDW. Or maybe it has and I haven't noticed? I've always found it odd that there hasn't been more of a nightmare before Christmas presence since it is such popular classic.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Doesn't it also have to do with the fact that there is more "locals" that go to Disneyland that they make those changes over there vs over here as well?
That is what I hear, but I don't have the demographic breakdowns to back it up. It would make sense though. One very effective way you attract locals to a park is through seasonal offerings. Food and Wine, Flower and Garden and the Holiday offerings in the other parks are WDW examples of this. Other theme parks with big local crowds do similar things.

taz0162

We tend to take only Christmas trips to the World (since we are working around a teachers schedule) and would prefer to have the classic rides themselves remain themed as they are all rear round. Think about it...throwing a Santa Clause hat on Jack Sparrows head takes away the whole immersion of being in the Caribbean with cannons firing all around you. In the general park and parades is fine but not so much for the rides. I was so happy that this last trip down the Country Bear Jamboree was Not the Christmas themed show that I was exposed to the previous 3 trips down there. I do not wish to see a Jack Skellington overlay on the Haunted Mansion in WDW. Leave it in WDL.

Weather_Lady

My opinion is that a Skellington overlay would be a distracting and nonsensical thing to add to a Victorian-era gothic mansion.

And yes, I'm one of those old fuddy-duddies who hates -- HATES -- the equally distracting and nonsensical addition of Jack Sparrow and his storyline to the POTC.

Goofyernmost

My opinion is that a Skellington overlay would be a distracting and nonsensical thing to add to a Victorian-era gothic mansion.

And yes, I'm one of those old fuddy-duddies who hates -- HATES -- the equally distracting and nonsensical addition of Jack Sparrow and his storyline to the POTC.
Unless you haven't seen the overlay in DL, I don't know how you can compare the two. The overlay takes over absolutely everything in HM in DL. All I could see were a massive amount of cardboard day-glow cutouts that appeared to be attached to the original props and AA's with string. At least on Pirates, it only encompasses about 5% of the entire ride and isn't in anyway really detrimental to the story line. And almost all of it are actual AA's and not a painted prop.

Disneyhead'71

I love the HMH and it absolutely should be brought to WDW. If you don't want to see the parks decked out in all their Holiday glory I believe there are 9 other months of the year in which they do provide NOTHING special.

Californian Elitist

Unless you haven't seen the overlay in DL, I don't know how you can compare the two. The overlay takes over absolutely everything in HM in DL. All I could see were a massive amount of cardboard day-glow cutouts that appeared to be attached to the original props and AA's with string. At least on Pirates, it only encompasses about 5% of the entire ride and isn't in anyway really detrimental to the story line. And almost all of it are actual AA's and not a painted prop.

Cardboard cutouts? I don't think so.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I love HMH and IASW Holiday too! I think IASW Holiday would be much better suited to WDW then HMH though. The House in New Orleans Square has a better feel for Jack Skelington and Crew then the house in Liberty Square.

Goofyernmost

Cardboard cutouts? I don't think so.
Alright to be fair...I've only seen it once and that is what it looked like to me. Whatever it was did not impress me and made me glad it wasn't happening in WDW. Personal taste? Sure! But I was not in the least little bit swayed. Just my opinion, I realize and I have been a little harsh so to all the overlay lovers everywhere, I apologize. Some of it was at least plywood cutouts though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom