Haunted mansion addition?

mguimond1990

Original Poster
Nightmare Before Xmas at WDW equals gasoline and matches.

I dont think so. People seemed pretty excited that Jack and Sally would be appearing at MNSSHP. And Ooglie Booglie(however u spell his damn name) was by far the most popular character at the unleash the villians event.

Bairstow

I love the HMH and it absolutely should be brought to WDW. If you don't want to see the parks decked out in all their Holiday glory I believe there are 9 other months of the year in which they do provide NOTHING special.

More like 7.
All that plywood takes a long time to set up, apparently.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney is so talented I love the 3 dimensional plywood used here -
hauntedmansionlarge.jpg

Check out all the plywood amazing painting effects to make it 3D
tumblr_llos45fTOv1qhy1b4.jpg

How do they make the plywood fold like that on Oogie Boogie? Must be very thin. Granted the wheel is made of wood I'm sure.
DSC_5454.jpg

More plywood flats -
2055849192_892b930994_z.jpg

Granted they do that this one flat scene mural in the load area - It does have some animated effects though.

5134396223_3282a35a75_z.jpg

LucyK

I'd love to see a Holiday overlay at Haunted Mansion! It's a shame people seem so focused on their own little world that a few days of refurb seems like the end of all that is good and holly. I don't get it really. :rolleyes:

Victor Kelly

Sadly the wanters are outnumbers by the nays. WDW is more an international visitor resort where people come to see the attractions as they were built. DL is more of a locals park where the fanboi base is very different and holds more sway. WDW's fanfoi base is much more diverse location wise, We come from all over. And the WDW fanboi base, while having a voice, it is not a much listened too voice. TDO is concerned about international visitors.

Californian Elitist

Because the longer something takes to install the more expensive it must be?

Never said it meant it was expensive. But it sure as hell isn't cheap. When I hear about an attraction being "cheap" I assume there's nothing much going on with it. That cannot be said for HMH, and anyone who's experienced it should know that.

Californian Elitist

hauntedmansionlarge.jpg

How do they make the plywood fold like that on Oogie Boogie? Must be very thin. Granted the wheel is made of wood I'm sure.
DSC_5454.jpg

More plywood flats -

Granted they do that this one flat scene mural in the load area - It does have some animated effects though.

Just goes to show that some people haven't a clue what they're talking about.

FettFan

Well....they should have added a proper Haunted Mansion addition instead of the Tangled bathrooms.

Outside the exit, there would be the Servant's Quarters, which would house a novelty gift and magic shop, plus Meet and Greets with the Lonesome Ghosts.
bafdb4847bfe43e355c192579028547111101dc9.jpg

Goofyernmost

This why we will never see the Country Bear vacation & christmas hoedowns anymore.
The country bears is a completely different thing in as much as all they do is change the songs, it's still the same stars of the show. It just wasn't worth it because there were not enough people that felt it was worth it to see the changes. I have seen the current one and I did see the vacation one once, but the christmas one was one I was never there to see.

Cmdr_Crimson

The country bears is a completely different thing in as much as all they do is change the songs, it's still the same stars of the show. It just wasn't worth it because there were not enough people that felt it was worth it to see the changes. I have seen the current one and I did see the vacation one once, but the christmas one was one I was never there to see.

Take a look see..There was a little bit more to what they did compared to Vacation Hoedown. Most of the characters have holiday costumes, Shaker is now a Polar Bear and Big Al....Well..Just Watch...

AswaySuller

I
Never said it meant it was expensive. But it sure as hell isn't cheap. When I hear about an attraction being "cheap" I assume there's nothing much going on with it. That cannot be said for HMH, and anyone who's experienced it should know that.

I actually don't disagree that it's a nice overlay, it's great to have different things as a business point of view and as a consumer.

Your comment that it must not be cheap because it takes 2 weeks to install is moot though!
On that logic my tent I took to Coachella must have cost a fortune.

Californian Elitist

Your comment that it must not be cheap because it takes 2 weeks to install is moot though!
On that logic my tent I took to Coachella must have cost a fortune.

Re-read my post. I'm not referring cheap to price, I'm referring it to details.

I don't think comparing an attraction, such as the Haunted Mansion, to a tent is appropriate, by the way.

sponono88

hauntedmansionlarge.jpg

DSC_5454.jpg

More plywood flats -

Exactly! I was trying to think where in the ride they use cardboard cutouts and couldn't think of any. Maybe the loading area mural -- except it's layered and dimensional with spinning and moving props and projections so i'm not sure if that counts!

I think HMH is the exact opposite of cardboard cutous. Even the exterior is done beautifully with glowing jack-o-lanterns and hundreds of lit candles. And then there's the 6ft-tall real gingerbread house that's made from scratch and is different every year. (Along with the warm gingerbread smell that's piped in during this scene!)

jak234097SMALL.gif

And here is my controversial statement of the day: I think I may prefer HMH to the regular Mansion. And i'm not a nightmare before christmas fan.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Unless you haven't seen the overlay in DL, I don't know how you can compare the two. The overlay takes over absolutely everything in HM in DL. All I could see were a massive amount of cardboard day-glow cutouts that appeared to be attached to the original props and AA's with string. At least on Pirates, it only encompasses about 5% of the entire ride and isn't in anyway really detrimental to the story line. And almost all of it are actual AA's and not a painted prop.
Try top notch animatronics, really really cool show sets, awesome projection tricks, and an even cooler soundtrack. Frankly put its one of the best overlays besides ghost galaxy. It sucks that we don't get either. And its not reason to get mad as it is a temporary overlay.

Sped2424

Exactly! I was trying to think where in the ride they use cardboard cutouts and couldn't think of any. Maybe the loading area mural -- except it's layered and dimensional with spinning and moving props and projections so i'm not sure if that counts!

I think HMH is the exact opposite of cardboard cutous. Even the exterior is done beautifully with glowing jack-o-lanterns and hundreds of lit candles. And then there's the 6ft-tall real gingerbread house that's made from scratch and is different every year. (Along with the warm gingerbread smell that's piped in during this scene!)

jak234097SMALL.gif

And here is my controversial statement of the day: I think I may prefer HMH to the regular Mansion. And i'm not a nightmare before christmas fan.
Not controversial at all in terms of quality and show effects it is frankly a better experience. UGH I am still peeved we don't get it, I still think tdo passed on it not because of the international guest stuff but that they are to cheap to hire labor to do the change it would take every year. Nightmare before Christmas is a cult classic in a lot of countries not just america.

AswaySuller

Re-read my post. I'm not referring cheap to price, I'm referring it to details.

I don't think comparing an attraction, such as the Haunted Mansion, to a tent is appropriate, by the way.

I don't believe comparing quality of a product to time it takes to install or set up is appropriate by the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom