Starbucks at WDW

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
:/

So many posts about the exact same thing!
This just proves there is lots and lots of people are not happy about it especially the one in Magic Kingdom being it totally took away the "bakery" part out of the equation and replaced with 98% Starbucks goods most of us can get at home. So to alot of us it's a big deal that's why it keeps coming up on here in new threads. :(

sxeensweet

Does anyone else feel that seeing a Starbucks chain in WDW takes the magic away somewhat?
I think for me personally it took a little "magic" away from Main Street for sure! It was one of the few things left that was a staple and long time tradition of many guests. If they would have just added the Starbucks coffee to the actual Bakery and otherwise left it the same then it would have been fine. What makes it less "magical" is its no longer the "bakery" at all just a Starbucks with mostly their products and VERY few original Disney products. Actually what's left of Disney stuff you can get in numerous places in property. Oh and the Cinnamon Rolls did not move to Gaston's, as those are a joke and nothing like the original! Also no more seating to either go in and get warm or stay dry, or cool off in the summer heat. :cry:
Now the one in Epcot really does not bother me. The only thing that I don't like about that one is also having NO SEATING!!! It's a coffee shop since when you don't have a least a few tables for reasons I mentioned above! Even the tiny ones in Target stores have some seating!!! :banghead::bored:

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

This just proves there is lots and lots of people are not happy about it especially the one in Magic Kingdom being it totally took away the "bakery" part out of the equation and replaced with 98% Starbucks goods most of us can get at home. So to alot of us it's a big deal that's why it keeps coming up on here in new threads. :(
Lot's of people are still unhappy about the invention of Television, talking pictures, automobiles and those new fangled teleophones. This continuous argument about "I can get that at home", is so bogus as to be laughable. I can get popcorn at home, I can get candy at home, I can get Coke at home, I can get Edy's Ice Cream at home. What is the point? I can even get Mickey Bars at home only they look exactly like a Dove Bar, but they taste amazingly the same. Everything that you could get in the Bakery you could have gotten, in one form or the other at home. All you needed to do was find out who the Mouse's supplier was and buy some from them or in some cases what was available to you at home was better then what Disney offered.

As you stand at the beginning of Main Street and look towards the castle you see absolutely nothing different, in form, then you did in 1971. No magic is lost unless all it takes is a cup of coffee to change how you view things. You don't even have to see that, if you don't go in there. Nothing has changed including everyone's desire to complain about anything that is different at the same time as they are demanding that new things be introduced as fast as possible. Must be awful to live such a confusing state of mind. It's a place to get coffee, not the end of Disney as we know it. It's just something different. Use it or don't, your choice just like everything else in the place.

Last edited:

Disneykidder

I was quite upset when I heard that Starbucks would be taking home in Disney. Most of what I love about Disney Parks is leaving the outside world outside. I do love Starbucks but didn't want it in my second home.

Anyway, having been to the Starbucks on Main Street I have to say that it didn't have the whole Starbucks feel and kept most of the Main Street USA charm. I'm bummed that some items were removed but it had a lot of great items and amazing coffee.

The cinnamon buns that used to be at the bakery have been relocated to Gaston's. They are very large but do taste different. They were yummy but a bit dry and not as moist.:oops:

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Lot's of people are still unhappy about the invention of Television, talking pictures, automobiles and those new fangled teleophones. This continuous argument about "I can get that at home", is so bogus as to be laughable. I can get popcorn at home, I can get candy at home, I can get Coke at home, I can get Edy's Ice Cream at home. What is the point? I can even get Mickey Bars at home only the look exactly like a Dove Bar, but they taste amazingly the same. Everything that you could get in the Bakery you could have gotten, in one form or the other at home. All you needed to do was find out who the Mouse's supplier was and buy some from them or in some cases what was available to you at home was better then what Disney offered.

As you stand at the beginning of Main Street and look towards the castle you see absolutely nothing different, in form, then you did in 1971. No magic is lost unless all it takes is a cup of coffee to change how you view things. You don't even have to see that, if you don't go in there. Nothing has changed including everyone's desire to complain about anything that is different at the same time as they are demanding that new things be introduced as fast as possible. Must be awful to live such a confusing state of mind. It's a place to get coffee, not the end of Disney as we know it. It's just something different. Use it or don't, your choice just like everything else in the place.

WE NEVER SAID IT WAS THE END OF DISNEY AS WE KNOW IT!!! Also most of us don't mind changes, improvements, or Starbucks , or any other corporate sponsors at all , BUT we do mind them taking the rest of all the many old loved baked goods etc (Starbucks goods are not nearly as yummy and fresh), and seating away from the "bakery" that's all!!! Geeezzzzzzzz !!!! :cautious:

Last edited:

Spikerdink

As long as they'll make me a hot chocolate, double the chocolate and no whip....we're good with Starbucks!

Plus, I always have gift cards to Starbucks, so it helps with cost for me! :D
Britt - is this a 'corporate' Starbucks where you can use the gift cards or one of the Starbucks you might find at rest stops along a highway where a lot of times they do not honor the gift cards?? Anyone know?

sxeensweet

Britt - is this a 'corporate' Starbucks where you can use the gift cards or one of the Starbucks you might find at rest stops along a highway where a lot of times they do not honor the gift cards?? Anyone know?
You can use Starbucks Gift cards (on phone and physical cards) , earn your rewards, etc. The only thing you cannot do is redeem your rewards. :)

sxeensweet

I don't see the problem with Starbucks, McDonalds or Coca-Cola being there. They are no more cooperate than Disney is. Disney may pretty it up more but they're all about making money and there's nothing wrong with that.
Sponsors don't bother me at all just wish they just added the coffee not make it a full on Starbucks, with no seating and only a small corner of Disney goods in the case. Even most Starbucks have seating! I don't think I have ever seen one without any seating even in the tiniest locations. Lol :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom