Are there any plans for Carousel of Progress in 2014?

copcarguyp71

Have you seen the seats in Philharmagic?????? I do hope they celebrate/refurb in some way to keep this legacy alive and relevant. So much of Walt's dream has been put aside that I really do wish they could show some love for this attraction. I do go every trip out of respect and love for Walt's dream and vision. In this day and age we will never see another like him pass this way again and I try to keep his entrepreneurial visionary spirit in my heart each and every day as I go about running my own business.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It does need an update, especially the last scene. It isn't very futuristic anymore. But I doubt anything will happen to it for quite awhile.

lazyboy97o

A New Finale...
I think a new finale would only throw off the show even more. There is a consistent chronological jump between the first three scenes, then a big jump to the last scene. To me, either the original show should just be restored (as much as possible since Disney isn't going to namedrop GE for free) or an entirely new show created that maintains the proper chronological jumps.

FettFan

Original Poster
4 Things..

Autonomatronics for the characters similar to the New Lincoln
New Audio for the Characters..
A New Finale...
Refurbished Building

It's a shame that Jean Shepherd passed away years ago. I prefer his performance over Rex Allen's (Allen was more of a historian or teacher, while Shepherd is more like the quirky, folksy next door neighbor), and for me, Shep the definitive voice of Carousel (and the definitive voice of Christmas, lol), just as Jeremy Irons is the definitive voice of Spaceship Earth.

For a new version, I would want them to follow the same tone that Shepherd brought to it. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who would be able to pull it off. Any suggestions?

DJMoore2011

I was so excited to go and see this on my first trip to WDW in 2011, once I got in there...not so much. There was a smell like a room that had been closed up never aired out combined with a room that had a leak in the ceiling and wasn't clean up correctly. I sat through it because I wanted to see it so bad. But honestly I am not sure I could sit through it again...

Since1976

I would rather the show be retired with dignity (ie. dismantled or shipped to the Smithsonian or something) and have my memories of its better days live on, than see the show's life artificially extended with a new finale. That's the park-attraction equivalent of plastic surgery.

EDIT: I wonder if the Disney Family Museum would be a good home for the attraction, either as a full ride or as a display.

DJMoore2011

EDIT: I wonder if the Disney Family Museum would be a good home for the attraction, either as a full ride or as a display.

This part of your post I love! I've never been to the Disney Family Museum, hope to go if I can ever talk my Dear Hubby into going to CA but this I think would be a great solution for it. I would be sad to see it go but I know everything has a lifespan and things will come and go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom