MyMagic+ Test INVITE October 2013

chucknstuff

It seems that FastPass+ is live to all resort guests starting Aug 31st....
We were not emailed but were able to get the magic bands. We are staying at AKL and AoA over that weekend. My friend is going down that following weekend and they have it also.

Upvote 0

bsmartin2000

I actually called about FastPasss+ and I was told that NO it is not available to everyone, only the people who were lucky enough to receive an email! Hopefully that CM was wrong and we do get to use the new system.

37 days to go:)

Upvote 0

TRONorail10

It seems that FastPass+ is live to all resort guests starting Aug 31st....
We were not emailed but were able to get the magic bands. We are staying at AKL and AoA over that weekend. My friend is going down that following weekend and they have it also.

AKL has definitely been testing for awhile. If that is the 1st resort you are staying at, then that is why you were able to get Magic Bands. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if part of the testing was to allow the guests to get the MBs on their own without any e-mail instruction, so this way they can test how feasible the online process is and then just gather feedback at check-in. However, there is no way the entire system is rolling out August 31st to everyone, the system just simply is not ready yet. There are still a lot of bugs to workout and executives have continually said it would be by the end of the year, an October-January target of a full rollout.

Upvote 0

JiminyandTink

Hey Everyone! I received an email from Disney tonight, inviting my family to participate in a test for FassPass + test! Shortly after accepting, I was able to order Magic Bands for everyone linked to my Disney account. Has anyone else been invited?

No, I'm still holding out hope though. Let us know how the process goes, I've been having so much trouble with the WDW website lately that I was wondering if anyone was having trouble with fastpass+ online bookings.

Upvote 0

RickP330

Staying in AKL in August, and we already have our bands and were selected! I actually read about here on this forum, I logged into my disney experience and a pop up came right up to customize and ship our bands!!! So we went for it. About two weeks later I got 2 emails inviting me to participate and I got a UPS letter from disney with the official invite to participate! I'm so pumped to try these out. They are not too comfortable though, I shure hope they break in. I might wear mine to work tomorrow to stretch it out!!!
RP

Attachments

• Bands.jpg
    Bands.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Bands2.jpg
    Bands2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0

G8rchamps

Checking in at POP 8/30. Went last weekend and bought annual passes. As soon as we linked out tickets with the POP reservation (which is definatly testing for August) we were able to configure out MB's and start making FP+ reservations.

Upvote 0

tare

I have heard if quite a few people getting these invites. I won't be there until after they have all the kinks ironed out.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

oh man, we are AoA in October. I just want an answer if we will be invited. it's time to make my down to the minute schedules and laminate them, but this would totally change everything, so I have been holding off.
I guess this means that if I don't hear anything soon we won't be invited to test? oh, the drama........:D

Upvote 0

luv

Another poster wrote about his troubles with the bands. Said if he'd known what a problem they'd have been, he wouldn't have signed up.

Do remember that you're signing up to help Disney TEST these things. The tests are to figure out what doesn't work, what goes wrong, etc.

You may have problems on your vacation. It's possible.

Pack your patience. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom